R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 07-06-2006, 01:57 PM   #856
Tech Regular

Default .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barry Baker
I wish but not good enough...YET...LOL
You played very good when we played in Tampa. I am still bitter that you beat me though! No doubt you can play. I will see you at Vegas.
Old 07-06-2006, 02:05 PM   #857
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by steveM3
You played very good when we played in Tampa. I am still bitter that you beat me though! No doubt you can play. I will see you at Vegas.
That was a fun day.......good thing I had a caddy...he really knew the course...I couldnt thank you enough for that.....one day to remember to play a great course like that...hopefully I will be able to play it again...see ya in Vegas..I owe you big

Barry
Barry Baker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2006, 02:11 PM   #858
Tech Regular

Default any time

Quote:
That was a fun day.......good thing I had a caddy...he really knew the course...I couldnt thank you enough for that.....one day to remember to play a great course like that...hopefully I will be able to play it again...see ya in Vegas..I owe you big

Barry
Any time you are in Tampa we are there. Next time I will have to sink a few more putts.

It's too bad you aren't at the worlds. Hope you get better.
Later
Old 07-06-2006, 02:19 PM   #859
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Barry, you never know what your handicap will be once your hand is ok again

Anyway, I agree the first heats should get a new set of tyres after they turned in the set they ran on in the first round. The only fair solution I would think. Especially given that there were some fast runs in those heats like for instance from Christer and Andreas.

As to what they would run in the rain, not sure whether IFMAR actually has rules for that. With the EFRA Euros we normally have both a dry weather and wet weather control tyre where the wet weather tyre is only allowed to be used when the race director calls a wet race. I don't believe there is a wet weather control tyre for the Worlds, so unless someone brought enough sets of one type for all participants I would expect the slick tyres to be used in the wet as well.

Running slicks in the rain is normal practice in the Dutch Nationals as we only have a slick control tyre there. In our case these are CS27 pre-glued on Orion wheels which works remarkably well if the track is really wet. The problem is when the track is half wet. I know Pit Shimizu D20 and D25 slick tyres work very well in the rain too. But there are also many that don't work at all in the wet. The question is whether these will work.

Anyway, if it becomes a wet race it will unfortunately be more of a lottery so I truly hope the rain stays away for the next two days!
Old 07-06-2006, 02:49 PM   #860
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to seaball

Quote:
MY hand is healing great....I will be back racing the next race(maybe even the Sizzler)

Barry
is workman's comp applicable to your injury? you were on the job! i have threatened my sponsors, but oddly, they have not taken me seriously.

hope to see you at the sizzler, sir.

- ricky winkleman -
Old 07-06-2006, 03:41 PM   #861
Tech Elite

Barry isn't joining the PGA yet, but I did hear Evander Hollyfield asked Barry when he would be available...

Official software of: ROAR Nationals, IIC, Cactus Classic, Indoor Champs, Reedy Race and Trackside Hobbies in Brookfield, WI!
RC Scoring Pro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2006, 03:47 PM   #862
Tech Adept

How about calling up Jaco, TRC, Parma and whoever else to have them ship tons of foam tires to Italy. Then move everyone out of the pit area and setup the carpet track again...there you go, no more rain. The 12th scale pitting looked somewhat covered, was it not? Of course you could always just run rubber tire on carpet. But foam would definitely test the versatility of the cars. Come ready for alsphalt then have to race foam on carpet. Who's car could do it or would there be large shipments of graphite to Italy as well.
automator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2006, 04:01 PM   #863
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

If memory serves me correctly, Barry is a scratch golfer.
Tony Vega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2006, 04:08 PM   #864
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Vega
If memory serves me correctly, Barry is a scratch golfer.
I believe so but he has not played me yet!

Whats up Barry "the offroad ball stud bender"?

TLR / Team Orion / Spektrum / AKA / TEKIN / Horizon Hobby / upgrade rc / AVID / SCH / SPY / HAL'S HOBBY WAREHOUSE
CaseyP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2006, 04:10 PM   #865
Tech Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evicerator
Sorry to hear about you having to leave the race early!

I'm glad to hear you are feeling better now!

At least it was something that could be fixed... not like a broken castor block or something
Hey Steve, He should have had that evicerated.
ohiorcdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2006, 05:15 PM   #866
Tech Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmargiotta
Somebody said that they're going to run rain or shine tomorrow. What if it's raining? Do they still run the spec tires or what?

Jonny Aird: I never said anything about a limited number of rain tires on the market, I was asking the above question, what will they run if it does rain, because that's the whole point of a spec tire, everyone HAS to run that tire, but if it rains it will be pitiful on the track I would think.
Sorry about that, misunderstood your last post
Old 07-06-2006, 06:04 PM   #867
Tech Adept

Barry plays from the RED tees LOL example par 4 312 yards on in 1, 2 putt for birdie
Jimmy Jacobson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2006, 06:33 PM   #868
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by automator
How about calling up Jaco, TRC, Parma and whoever else to have them ship tons of foam tires to Italy. Then move everyone out of the pit area and setup the carpet track again...there you go, no more rain. The 12th scale pitting looked somewhat covered, was it not? Of course you could always just run rubber tire on carpet. But foam would definitely test the versatility of the cars. Come ready for alsphalt then have to race foam on carpet. Who's car could do it or would there be large shipments of graphite to Italy as well.
Guys outside of US don't get excited on foam+carpet racing. (Most of them THINK it is easy to set up a car with foam but this is far from the truth)
cvt01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2006, 06:35 PM   #869
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 102 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy Jacobson
Barry plays from the RED tees LOL example par 4 312 yards on in 1, 2 putt for birdie
I wouldn't complain about driving the green on a 312 yd par 4.
Old 07-06-2006, 06:56 PM   #870
Tech Adept

many guys in the uk get exited about racing carpet!
cyclone is offline   Reply With Quote