go Skidmore
Mike's Hobbyshop in Dallas (RIP)
Nor-Cal Hobbies [The Race Place]
tpczx6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2006, 04:44 PM   #182
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by b-man777
hi all:sad to hear this will likely be matt francis last race hope he goes out with a bang like an A main finish would be nice.i'm happy though to see one of the greatest and nicest guys in rc brian kinwald back.....GOOOOO BK !!!finally can someone give me a list of the drivers entered in 12th scale pan car class at the '06 ifmar worlds?thanks

http://www.afmodels.com/drivers.htm
Old 06-28-2006, 09:06 PM   #183
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by burito
Please, don't speak for others Adrian! Especially if you don't know all the details!
Antonio Sabato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2006, 02:28 AM   #184
Tech Regular

Send a message via AIM to Hodapp Send a message via Yahoo to Hodapp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oscar Jansen
Anyway, for the Turin track you do not need any 'special or illegal' magnets...
You know this because you have already tested the "special and illegal" magnets and found no advantage? I am sure you will still have something on hand just in case. Kinda like the last on road worlds in Florida when we had 3700 mah cells with 3300 mah shrink wrap. I do miss the little performance perks of running your stuff.............
Hodapp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2006, 03:05 AM   #185
Tech Regular

Ouch .......

Pls OJ give us a reply

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hodapp
Kinda like the last on road worlds in Florida when we had 3700 mah cells with 3300 mah shrink wrap. I do miss the little performance perks of running your stuff.............
Pro Models is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2006, 05:02 AM   #186
Tech Apprentice

Pfff.... no need to reply. A post to ingnore... it misses inside that the batteries where the reason for not being in the A final...
Oscar Jansen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2006, 05:07 AM   #187
Tech Master

Quote:
You know this because you have already tested the "special and illegal" magnets and found no advantage? I am sure you will still have something on hand just in case.
The "illegal magnets" are legal in Germany as far as I know, and for that reason, some drivers test it at the Euro warm-up.

Quote:
Kinda like the last on road worlds in Florida when we had 3700 mah cells with 3300 mah shrink wrap.
@Greg: Does this mean we can expect you to cheet if you have the possibility?
Anders Myrberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2006, 05:10 AM   #188
ml
Tech Apprentice

Send a message via AIM to ml Send a message via Yahoo to ml Send a message via Skype™ to ml
Thumbs up

Bitter, party of one... your table is ready.
ml is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2006, 05:39 AM   #189
Tech Apprentice

Yes, these "illegal" magnets are legal in germany...but nearly all drivers are using bonded magnets with sensored systems...
Old 06-29-2006, 07:15 AM   #190
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to TimPotter

Can someone explain the difference between "Bonded" and "Sintered" magnets ...

Thanks...

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdrianM
The word "bonded" was a mistake in the first set of brushless rules regarding BL Rotors. Bonded and Sintered magnets cost the same to produce but the Sintered magnets are 100x more durable and maintain magnetic strength 100x longer.

All the brushless manufacturers are unanimous in wanting to fix this error in the rules and have all submitted this request to all santioning bodies.
Clean Title & Escrow|p3|TRF|Tamiya|SerpentAmerica|FSEARA|Team Butter|RC 3|Munno |RCTECH #29|EAMotorsports|BMI|Novak|SpeedPassion|RadioPost
TimPotter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2006, 07:35 AM   #191
Tech Regular

Link to difference

Mid way down the page it gives a brief explination between "Bonded" and "Sintered" magnets.
T. Thomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2006, 07:41 AM   #192
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimPotter
Can someone explain the difference between "Bonded" and "Sintered" magnets ...

Thanks...
From the website below:

"Rare earth magnets are available in sintered and bonded forms. Sintered magnets are a type of ceramic composed of the compressed powder of the alloy material being used. Sintering involves the compaction of fine alloy powder in a die and then fusing the powder into a solid material with heat. While the sintered magnets are solid, their physical properties are more similar to a ceramic and are easily broken and chipped. Bonded magnets use a polymer base to hold the alloy powder together. The energy product of bonded magnets is much lower than that of the sintered magnets. Sintered NdFeB magnets are generally plated or coated with a material to prevent corrosion. There are various coatings available. Nickel-Copper-Nickel plating has excellent corrosion resistance and durability as well as providing an clean and shiny appearance."
AdrianM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2006, 08:06 AM   #193
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to madjack

Quote:
Originally Posted by ml
Bitter, party of one... your table is ready.
now that was funny!
madjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2006, 08:34 AM   #194
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
You know this because you have already tested the "special and illegal" magnets and found no advantage? I am sure you will still have something on hand just in case. Kinda like the last on road worlds in Florida when we had 3700 mah cells with 3300 mah shrink wrap. I do miss the little performance perks of running your stuff.............
Greg - I was in charge of tech at the 2004 IFMAR Worlds in Florida. I personally measured and weighed almost every battery that was run there. I can assure you that Orion did not run Super GP3300's, Reshrunk 3700's or anything like that. Only one company (not a major manufacturer) submitted illegal cells (too heavy and over the limit in diameter). They were spotted immediately and confiscated for the duration of the event.

We also randomly measured cells and checked pack weights during qualifying and the A-mains.

Were there illegal cells at the Worlds...yup...did anyone run them...not during qualifying or any A-main.
AdrianM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2006, 09:43 AM   #195
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to Jeff Werner

The mere fact that there were cells that were not legal at the event is a shame. Makes average joe racer wonder what else is going on in the team pits....lol
Jeff Werner is online now   Reply With Quote