R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-10-2006, 07:44 AM   #1546
Tech Master
 
johnbull's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Malta. G.C.
Posts: 1,762
Default

Most of the top finals (d, c, b, and a when we got it) had a good commentary. It sounded like Oscar Jensen to me though I'm sure he was more than busy. Certainly a dutch accent so you're probably right Anders.

The race count down - 2 minutes to ze start of heat 2, etc was such a monotone, I don't know who the hell it was, but couldn't they have found somebody with a bit more OOOOOMMMMMPPPPPHHHHHH. He sounded German. Certainly not Italian. And totally disinterested.
johnbull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2006, 07:55 AM   #1547
Tech Master
 
Anders Myrberg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Manīs best friend: Hugo Myrberg
Posts: 1,987
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnbull
Certainly a dutch accent so you're probably right Anders.
Probably? I have known Pieter since mid ī70....
Anders Myrberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2006, 07:58 AM   #1548
Tech Master
 
Anders Myrberg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Manīs best friend: Hugo Myrberg
Posts: 1,987
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anders Myrberg


Probably? I have known Pieter since mid ī70....
Having said that, for the first days, it was "Dr Emmet -1,21 gigawatt- Brown"
Anders Myrberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2006, 08:08 AM   #1549
Tech Champion
 
RCGaryK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Champaign, IL
Posts: 7,331
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Being a "Team Driver" doesn't just mean "We're going to give this guy stuff for free". In one way or another, Team Drivers are also a part of a company's Research and Development department. This means that quite often they are running prototype or experimental parts. This is how companies test and improve pending and exsisting products. Sometimes when a company tests something, it doesn't work. From a "Company Standpoint", I am sure that they would rather see one or two prototypes break so they can find out what the problem is before shipping to consumers and finding that they're getting hundreds of consumer returns for repairs. When that happens A) people get mad that their piece of equipment failed in the first place, B) that they have to pay for shipping to send it back, and C) that they have to wait 7-14 days to get their stuff back. Craig's a hell of a driver. Craig's "JOB" includes testing experimental products. And yes, this is The Worlds, but testing never stops.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ali Graham
Craig's brushless has cost him before, at the 2nd round of the BRCA mod nationals, held at Snetterton where he took FTD, but in his first final, his car started to sound very sick, and then, stopped dead, the brushless having giving up. Another fact that may surprise some non-UK racers; Andy Moore was in the B final at this national!!!! He has had lots of bad luck this season with only 1 A final appearance, but I'm glad he's put that behind him and got it right when it mattered!! What's Nationals to the Worlds eh?
__________________
Site Content Specialist- Surface
HorizonHobby.Com

Horizon Hobby is on YouTube with hundreds of different videos! Visit us at
http://www.youtube.com/HorizonRCdotCom
RCGaryK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2006, 08:52 AM   #1550
Tech Champion
 
Jon Kerr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: San Diego
Posts: 9,658
Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCGaryK
Being a "Team Driver" doesn't just mean "We're going to give this guy stuff for free". In one way or another, Team Drivers are also a part of a company's Research and Development department. This means that quite often they are running prototype or experimental parts. This is how companies test and improve pending and exsisting products. Sometimes when a company tests something, it doesn't work. From a "Company Standpoint", I am sure that they would rather see one or two prototypes break so they can find out what the problem is before shipping to consumers and finding that they're getting hundreds of consumer returns for repairs. When that happens A) people get mad that their piece of equipment failed in the first place, B) that they have to pay for shipping to send it back, and C) that they have to wait 7-14 days to get their stuff back. Craig's a hell of a driver. Craig's "JOB" includes testing experimental products. And yes, this is The Worlds, but testing never stops.
Well said Gary.
Jon Kerr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2006, 09:12 AM   #1551
Tech Elite
 
Francis M.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Yorba Linda, CA
Posts: 4,719
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

RE Brushless: Is one of the best products to get introduced to on road racing in a long time and should improve like all things new to its application.

The BL has shown to be competitive by making the main at the worlds and is even more competitive to the average joe since they get more practice time.
Francis M. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2006, 09:45 AM   #1552
Tech Regular
 
SCIDA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Wildomar, CA
Posts: 345
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barry Baker
ROFLMAO

The funniest part to me is that you broke your hand and couldn't race the Worlds. My 4 year old is not that stupid. Neither is my 2 year old. How dumb do you have to be to break your hand right before the Worlds unless you were too scared of how bad you were gonna do and did it on purpose. Now that is FUNNY!!!

Oh and praising someone so much for being best of the rest is pretty typical in here.
SCIDA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2006, 09:49 AM   #1553
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: West Bloomfield, MI
Posts: 493
Send a message via AIM to Bobby Flack
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCIDA
Oh and praising someone so much for being best of the rest is pretty typical in here.
Yes, maybe 1-2 times, that would be ok. We all know you love Peak/Orion, Rick, and we know your happy the first one was in 1/12th scale because its only appropriate after all these years.

Give it a rest.
Bobby Flack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2006, 10:02 AM   #1554
Tech Elite
 
imprsme's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Va.
Posts: 3,733
Trader Rating: 74 (99%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCIDA
The funniest part to me is that you broke your hand and couldn't race the Worlds. My 4 year old is not that stupid. Neither is my 2 year old. How dumb do you have to be to break your hand right before the Worlds unless you were too scared of how bad you were gonna do and did it on purpose. Now that is FUNNY!!!

Oh and praising someone so much for being best of the rest is pretty typical in here.

Maybe instead of the driverstand, Barry should have broken his hand with your face.......

I am sure Barry was on the stand going " if I hit the stand and break my hand I want have to goto the worlds, wearing a cast and the pain are worth it"



I like the fact that Barry or anyone else is THAT passionate about this hobby as to let thier emotions show. Was the timing bad, YEP, Even barry would agree. But S*** happens.

But this thread is about the WORLDS not this junk!
__________________
AwesomatixUSA
eXpress Motorsports
imprsme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2006, 10:06 AM   #1555
Tech Regular
 
SCIDA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Wildomar, CA
Posts: 345
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hodapp
Yeah.......I have seen things like that happen first and second hand. It is people like you that make the situation look worse by dragging these guys through the mud.

Besides...........is it really your place to talk about that stuff? Your not one of their sponsors or even a racer for that matter.

Don't hate the player........hate the game!!!!
Remember Greg you are not a racer either. Why are you dragging people through the mud?

Unfortunately people like you that get drunk and can't even wake up the next day to get to the track make others look bad. Sponsors are for promoting the Sport/Hobbie not going to Europe or other places to get trashed. It is not a right it should be looked at as a privilege.

I didn't say anyone was drunk, was just asking. It is just too bad when people can't control themselves at a Hobby race.
SCIDA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2006, 10:22 AM   #1556
Tech Elite
 
stulec52's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Calgary
Posts: 3,181
Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to stulec52 Send a message via AIM to stulec52
Default

Can I just ask Mr. SCIDA, why do you seem to be going out of your way to not talk about the great racing that took place at the worlds, but to have a go at both Mr. Baker and Mr. Hodapp? If you have issues with either of these guys, do the rest of us a favour and do it away from public forums please.
__________________
www.pmhobbycraft.ca/store/
www.tamiyaclub.com/
stulec52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2006, 10:25 AM   #1557
JKA
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 1,000
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCIDA
It is just too bad when people can't control themselves at a Hobby race.
Or on the internet....
JKA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2006, 10:36 AM   #1558
Tech Legend
 
Wild Cherry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: TRCR Modified Driver
Posts: 22,595
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by stulec52
Can I just ask Mr. SCIDA, why do you seem to be going out of your way to not talk about the great racing that took place at the worlds, but to have a go at both Mr. Baker and Mr. Hodapp? If you have issues with either of these guys, do the rest of us a favour and do it away from public forums please.
Please ... SCIDA

Scida-a-di-da away from this board....
__________________
Any driver can copy a great set up, a Champion however will steal it .
If Jesus returned as a Rc car he be a Rc10 B5M
George W. Cherry
Wild Cherry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2006, 10:54 AM   #1559
Tech Elite
 
Anthony.L's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Federal Way, WA
Posts: 2,701
Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben.C
I don't know about you...But I leave near the equator (meaning its very hot here),my Novak BL ran flawlessly for a whole 6-7 mins pack after pack....

Minimal or no maintenence...I love my BL.
Sure, but you are not gearing the car the same as them and also throw in the ultra high voltage cells they run. The brushless can't keep up currently at the highest level of competition racing.
Anthony.L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2006, 10:58 AM   #1560
Tech Legend
 
Wild Cherry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: TRCR Modified Driver
Posts: 22,595
Default

G a podium finish and its still not good or competitive enought ...

ORY !!!! BEST OF LUCK IN INDIANAPOLIS
__________________
Any driver can copy a great set up, a Champion however will steal it .
If Jesus returned as a Rc car he be a Rc10 B5M
George W. Cherry
Wild Cherry is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
raywoodsrcvideos DVD 2006 IMFAR 1:12 & ISTC Worlds 2006 out now!!! jimbobmahua Electric On-Road 0 09-18-2006 04:08 AM
IFMAR 1/10 EP TOURING WORLDS WARM UP 2006 - ITALY John Doucakis Electric On-Road 264 06-09-2006 03:44 PM
IFMAR 1/10 EP TOURING WORLDS 2006 - ITALY MSB Electric On-Road 7 05-24-2006 09:36 PM
2006 ISTC / 1/12 Worlds, Italy. Simon A Electric On-Road 65 02-08-2006 12:38 AM
2005 1/8th On Road IFMAR Worlds in Italy (9/3-9/11) jeffreylin Racing Forum 1 08-17-2005 10:20 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 05:22 AM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net