R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 06-22-2006, 11:18 PM   #31
Tech Master

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Thanks Al

it is a good looking car and I ran it yesterday when the rain stoped just out front and it was cool man I like it so much This is my Love F1!

The wheels and tires kinda remind me of the 60's F1 cars almost but when I look at it that is what I see most see something else but O well! I like it.

Plus if I ever get that dang 49b Lotus done it will be just as cool and I think now these would be the perfect wheel and tire I might have belted tires made but here take a look and tell me what you think.

just add a set of spiners

Selling HPI F10 Front Knuckles and Complete Rear Axles W/Diffs Ball and Gear.
W/12mm TC Hubs & W/14mm F1 Hubs Good for std bearing Pans cars. STD Bearings!
eBay item number: 200947192161,200947193175,200947187493

Last edited by Marty Peterson; 08-03-2008 at 01:47 PM.
Marty Peterson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2006, 05:40 AM   #32
Tech Fanatic

Marty, when you get the Lotus 49 done I will definitely get one. Jim Clark is my alltime favorite driver and Lotus is my alltime favorite team. I can't wait for that to be built!!
If you also do the period Ferrari, BRM and Honda to go with it we could have some vintage 1960's F1 rc racing.
That would be just too awesome!!!
Team Lotus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2006, 05:41 AM   #33
Tech Master

I did think there would be more action on this F206F1 thing but like always I guess there are a few people that just don't care for it.

Why I will never know!

Old 06-23-2006, 05:45 AM   #34
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Lotus
Marty, when you get the Lotus 49 done I will definitely get one. Jim Clark is my alltime favorite driver and Lotus is my alltime favorite team. I can't wait for that to be built!!
If you also do the period Ferrari, BRM and Honda to go with it we could have some vintage 1960's F1 rc racing.
That would be just too awesome!!!

Yep I thought some of us could race the older cars for they were the cars we came up with.

we could call it the Master F1 racing!

well if I ever get time to finish it that would be nice.

I am making the suspension just like the Lotus and the bodies as well

Old 06-23-2006, 05:46 AM   #35
Tech Master

Maybe next spring would be a good time for that car to come out!

Old 06-23-2006, 05:58 AM   #36
Tech Master

Now there is a car I have been working for years LOL

Old 06-23-2006, 08:21 AM   #37
Tech Regular

Marty,
I'm sure there is interest in RC f1 and the rcf206, a lot of people like myself were taken by the Tamiya f201, big mistake. Your car will have to be seen, and also Tamiya's marketing was larger to create the hype.

I still haven't seen your car in person and I am interested. Most of the rc racing community has touring cars engrained in thier brains and want to go fast, be dammed what the car looks like. if a brick was the fastest body, they would be running bricks.

You most win the ko Propo race and any large f1 race before people will start looking at the car. Fast and First is always sexier than a pretty face.

I do admire what you are doing, I love the latest automotive technology especially when it is applied to rc with the most authentict looking bodies, My favorite f1 cars are from the 60's wingless era, and I look forward toward your lotus. and my favorite prototype cars were the 60 CANAM. with the Chaparal and the porsche 917 Canam car. and the 917 Lemans Long Tail.

Wayne
nagatahawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2006, 08:46 AM   #38
Tech Master

Wayne We took 2nd over all in the KO PROPO Event last year With Tony Phalin and the F201SCFPRO (4wd) and it did nothing for sales of this car!

Plus The F206F1 will not be able to race in the KO PROPO Event no class for it for it is 2wd full suspension. but it will be there just find Jonn !

Had to make the last one the F206F1!

Old 06-23-2006, 10:05 AM   #39
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Marty:

Hi,

Man I wish F1 would catch on again. I always enjoyed racing them. my son loves F1 and would race more if we had a class of them at CEFX. (or any track that was closer). he's kinda taking a break from racing right now sedans just got a little boring. and getting up early to go racing didn't help either.
I can't wait to see your Lotus... don't make me wait to long.

Thanks
Life is short - live it! Your only old when your dreams are replaced by regrets.
TimXLB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2006, 10:18 AM   #40
Tech Master

Yep Tim me to and well the only way to do this is to get 3 people at a track with cars and ask to run we had a friday night class years ago and it would start at 8 and wouldn't end till midnight. I sure do miss it as well

maybe if every one was to buy one F1 would make a come back So everyone put your orders in Now!

even if my cars never sell that is not what it is all about anyway.

I made them that is what matters most and I will keep doing so and maybe one day it will be something.

I know I have a great car here, it is so much fun to drive and once Jonn gets his car well then people in Cali will be able to see it!

Old 06-23-2006, 11:55 AM   #41
Tech Regular

Unhappy

I know, to bad rc f1 is such a hard sell around here.

That sucks ko wont allow two wheel full susp. to compete with the 4wd f1s
Isn't 4wd banned in F1! reall F1 that is. yuk yuk!

if we had a local class, i would get one. I will probably wait for the touring car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty Peterson
Wayne We took 2nd over all in the KO PROPO Event last year With Tony Phalin and the F201SCFPRO (4wd) and it did nothing for sales of this car!

Plus The F206F1 will not be able to race in the KO PROPO Event no class for it for it is 2wd full suspension. but it will be there just find Jonn !

Had to make the last one the F206F1!
nagatahawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2006, 05:11 PM   #42
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Do what we did, force it on them! I started an F1 series here in the south and let 2wd direct and 4wd race together. The full suspension car is legal, practically everything is legal to get the racers out here. There's even one touring car with an F1 body and wings on it and it may be joined by a few more. You have to take the first step and start somewhere. I will give you all the help I can if you need to know how we did it. The series is starting pretty good but will get even better this year before it ends. Next year will be wild and that's the plan. I'm sitting here with an MLP 4wd next to the computer...sweeeeeeet! People at other tracks are waiting to see it now that we have a series coming to them. Give it a shot, you might surprise yourself.
Old 06-23-2006, 06:00 PM   #43
Tech Master

MX Hi

Look I put together the F1 series last year that we ran and we had over 25 cars But they were all F201 based chassis cars.

And it was a lot of work, we had 15 races and it was Fun but this year I have no time to do much hell I am happy if I get 3 to 4 hours of sleep a day.

As for your series yes it is cool and sounds like fun but not to dis you ok.

I wanted to make this car to get us closer to the Real F1 cars see my goal is to have a series that emulates the real F1 series ~ for a set of rules and cars not for them all to be MLP F1 cars but right now we are the only ones making a car.
But there is talk of some MR F1 or something but I guess we will see what that is about when it comes out.

Anyway I am sure at first we could do a open class F1 series 2WD 4WD and D-Drive but for me they would all need to be F1 cars and no pan cars with Indy type bodies on it and not one touring car would race in it. Well maybe as a Safety Car we could have a set of the cool lights for it.

See our Goal at MLP is to make a F1 car (down the road) that is a Molded carbon Fiber Tub Chassis to look just like a real F1 car! this is what I set out to do about 6 to 8 years ago and I even made a prototype and it was cool it didn't work but it look cool!

So that is when I started this company and making r/c cars and each car will be better than the last till we get to where we want to be! and that would be to have a good company growth and a shot at what I would call and R/C world it would be a hobby shop / Manufacturing plant / R/C tracks for all. kinda like this picture and now that I am dreaming we might as well build them all over the country or the world and once a year have a real world championship series for all classes with the top drivers form every where racing at one of the tracks and the place would change every year!

When I ran Go - karts we had 15 to 20 of them on the track at one time and I thought we used AMB scoring system so why is there only 10 R/C cars on a track at a time????

I know I am out there but hey if we can dream it we can build it!

Old 06-23-2006, 06:25 PM   #44
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Marty! What's up! Actually you have it right on the nose. In our situation it is about numbers getting started. So far it seems to be working. The guys with pancars with Indy bodies and converted touring cars will graduate to a real F1 frame as time goes on. That is why we concentrate on next years racing. It brings in new people who can race with what they have right now and get their collective butts blown away by the real F1's (the MLP's of course) and look at making a future purchase as this grows. Remember, I have to also be a salesman at this to promote the racing class. I love it! I'd let a new racer run a TYCO his first time if it will get him back for the next race. Yes we want everyone to have an actual F1 chassis out there and more of them will. But I will always have a spot for the new guy or someone (like me) who races on a budget that may upgrade at the first opportunity. I'm like you, just an F1 nut and want to see full grids and fast cars. That's why we let the 2wd's use stock motors and the 4wd's can use 19T's. It seems to balance them out on laptimes but it still come down to the driver right! The fast guys always help the new guys and that works better than anything I could do. It add's to the fun also when the bench racing starts. Like I said, I love my job.
Old 06-23-2006, 06:42 PM   #45
Tech Master

Well there you have it start out anyway you can get people to come out and do it and you will have a race and a class and a better out look for the future of R/C racing F1 cars.

Look every one you only need 3 cars at most tracks to start a class.
so if you wanted to you could find cars on ebay or New at you hobby shop and or the Track most have used cars for sale.

Or you could buy one of the MLP F1 cars we make 2 4wd and 2wd so if you wanted to race and have some fun you could get something going where you live almost everywhere you can find a group of people racing on road you just need to find them and get 2 or 3 friends and go racing!