R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 11-30-2006, 05:38 AM   #331
Tech Regular

Last edited by big-al; 12-15-2006 at 06:23 AM.
big-al is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2006, 03:00 PM   #332
Tech Addict

The only time you get news is when you complain, that is not how it should be.

I have already parted with my cash, and have nothing to show for it, other than a lot of emails, forum posts and broken promises.

www.flickr.com/photos/monaro_racing
Monaro_Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2006, 04:26 PM   #333
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by big_boss
errrr, Mxrich, you lost me on that last one.
Just stating a fact
Old 11-30-2006, 07:19 PM   #334
Tech Regular

Attached Thumbnails
The New F206F1 From MLP Motorsports-dscf0645.jpg   The New F206F1 From MLP Motorsports-dscf0646.jpg   The New F206F1 From MLP Motorsports-dscf0648.jpg   The New F206F1 From MLP Motorsports-dscf0649.jpg  

Last edited by big-al; 12-29-2006 at 08:08 AM.
Old 12-01-2006, 12:40 AM   #335
Tech Adept

Hey Big_Al
I take it you're running a F103 of some sort. Why not a Marty special?
or maybe you're waiting to get it?
Losi Micro-T, Losi Mini-T, Rc18T, Xray M18
Schumacher Fireblade Evo. All Electric
big_boss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2006, 07:24 AM   #336
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by big_boss
Hey Big_Al
I take it you're running a F103 of some sort. Why not a Marty special?
or maybe you're waiting to get it?
see you know youre stuff!!!! thats an f201!!!
use to have an MLP, got stollen with 5 other rc's
Old 12-01-2006, 12:03 PM   #337
Tech Adept

Oh ok my mistake. very nice paint job.
Is this car any good in stock form? I never had a go on one.
do you race it?
Old 12-01-2006, 01:23 PM   #338
Tech Regular

Thanks, yes we do race them, and theyre so-so in stock form!!!!! but the track where we race are short so you still can do good!!!!
Old 12-02-2006, 03:01 AM   #339
Tech Adept

Spent some time reading through the F201 thread, but most of it is from 2002.
on the last page there are a few posts from 2006, this guy just built one and was looking for a place to run it with some other cars he was told that the class had died & no one runs them anymore, I think he was in shock.LoL.he posted 4 years (give or take a few months) after they did.
I wonder why TCS stopped running it as a class? surely it was popular wasn't it?

Anyway Big_Al what parts need to be changed with better after market ones in order to run a faster motor than a 19 turn I was thinking along the lines of a 13T or a 12T brushed type (or maybe a novak velocity 7.5)?
What motor do you run in yours and what hopups?

I did a quick check on rcmart & came up with nearly $200.00 worth of hopup parts, without the kit itself exluding shiping. Only necessary parts mind. add the price of a F201 (+- $100.00 at another shop), and arrive at the grand total of over $300.00 before shiping, for that much I could get a Marty special, based on the same car. I think that Marty's car will be better in all aspects & I don't have to use a stick pack (hate the darn things), instead I can choose either a side by side or a saddle pack.
Errr I think I just talked myself into getting a roller from Marty!!
thanks in advance.
Old 12-02-2006, 07:53 AM   #340
Tech Elite

Not only is the F1 class not dead, it's getting bigger and bigger! You guys should jump on a plane and come race with us at least once this year. The 2007 F1 AllStar tour is going to be even bigger than last year with more clubs starting up around here. It's all marketing guys. If you want to race F1 just make it happen.
Old 12-02-2006, 12:43 PM   #341
Tech Adept

Thumbs up

Hey Mx that sounds like an invite.
Last time I jumped on the plane the air marshal thought I was on somthing...Lol.
Where can I find the rules or guidlines to this series, I was thinking of doing something over here & I might as well do it right from the get go.
A lot of questions about the F206 I ordered from Marty, the most asked is
" when can we see it" not surprisingly really. When I get it finally I'm sure some of the guys will be a little more than interested to get one.
However good or fast the 2wd will be in my hands (or not ), I think it will be easier to get the guys interested in the belt driven 4wd F1 Marty is coming out with next year, or maybe the GTP.
Are F206 allowed to race against F201 derived cars in the series you compete in? What motors are allowed? Is there a weight limit? I got a milion of questions, just point me in the right direction if you please.
thanks Mx.
Old 12-02-2006, 11:25 PM   #342
Tech Elite

All reports are that the F206 is going to be a killer. With the added mass of the belts and pulleys we think it would take a 23 or 21Turn motor to make it equal to the others in our classes motorwise. The handeling of the chassis is supposed to be the big advantage for that car. As for our format for racing we found that all direct drive 2wd cars use a roar stock motor and all 4wd's use down to a 19T to even out the laptimes. It has worked perfect so far and the only advantage for any of them is some tracks favor 2wd and some favor 4wd. Setup and driver skill is always the big factor though. We just tonight finished the last round of the new GP2 class which is the same rules as F1 but with 4-cells. Very fun to drive and this class will be in every race of the tour. That's it! Very simple and it works for us. We do not worry about weight as of now since it is still growing. I drive an MLP 4wd and it works the same with 6 or 4 cells. The reason we do it this way is to allow people to drive the older cars they have laying around and they are competitive in both classes. We even let the pancars join in and they use the Indy/Cart bobies since F1 bodies will not fit well, and they still look about right. Then of course I force them to checkout the MLP site when they decide to upgrade. (gotta keep the boss happy ) Why anyone could not start an F1 series with this format I do not know. We did it with two cars and an offroad track, that's all we had but the people liked the looks of the cars and more started showing up. We now have 42 F1 cars in this area and more on the way for next year. We have gotten the Atlanta, GA guys thinking of starting their own series that will join ours on several dates. The track in Easley, SC is building an F1 group and now racers in Ashville, NC are getting Indy bodies for their pancars to compete with us. Huntsville, Alabama wants us to bring the tour back in 2007 and they have a few new faces there ready to race. Since everyone has a touring car we have them at every event with stock motors. Atlanta will probably include Mod touring since they like that and the Mini's It's just whatever works for you but keep the F1's as the reason for the races. That's why we call it the 2007 F1 AllStar Tour. Have at it!
Old 12-04-2006, 09:32 AM   #343
Tech Master

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Hi all well we got things working again and the bugs out of it OLI your car should be there in the next day or so. I think the storm slowed it down as well. I will finish the last 4 cars this week and ship them every thing is done just need to run the top decks when I was running them last week we had Problems again but it is worked out now.

I would like to let you all know Fred AKA RC OLD MAN is not with MLP as of Sunday and he is going on to do his own thing. I wish him the best!

Hey Ben thanks I will be sending you 3 cars to test next year for your new class check them out and if you or others want they can buy the ones I send or order new ones (they will be in 190mm with touring car wheels and tires with a full shock front suspension and the rear tri pod pan car setup both 190 and 200 mm cars will run this I have also set out to have some micro shocks made and will also add a active or true front suspension to the front of our LMP Cars! these will all be D-Drive cars

RC Driver has emailed me and would like to test our cars so I will be sending them one of each come the first of the year.

We will be taking the F206F1 and the F207F1 and making one car - we had problems with the drive setup on the F206F1 melting diffs and on the F207F1 we fixed it also the batteries were move to the rear and the motor to the front center and this has worked out better.

If you ordered one of these you will get the new car ok. if there is a problem with that email me ok.

We will no longer offer chassis kits for any car! all cars will be complete rollers only!

I am working on a motor deal if it works out the motors will not cost us a penny! True Sponsor Ship in the works there!

And as for Marco I shipped it! end of story! Now I am once again shipping a New one that I have from my own car! this will be the last I am once again putting 3 new bodies in the box and some F1 decals.

This one will be shipped RMS and not standard post ok.

See there are problems and things happen but I offered to give you a full refund and it still stands so email me or PM me here and let me know what you want to do before I ship it again ok. Oh I have a Touring car I shipped here to Florida they do not have any tracking info for it as well not everything works the way one would like it to but he got his car. I also have the same problem with a touring car going to PA here in the USA.

Selling HPI F10 Front Knuckles and Complete Rear Axles W/Diffs Ball and Gear.
W/12mm TC Hubs & W/14mm F1 Hubs Good for std bearing Pans cars. STD Bearings!
eBay item number: 200947192161,200947193175,200947187493
Marty Peterson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2006, 12:58 AM   #344
Tech Adept

Does anybody have this car yet?
If so, can you tell me/us how do you like it, how does it run.
This thread was on page 4.....
Old 12-16-2006, 12:52 AM   #345
Tech Adept

up