R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 06-20-2006, 11:43 AM   #16
Tech Addict

Ernie -
This is really a cool thing your doing. At Tim's home track, Fastlane Raceway, we too are trying to get a race together, with all the proceeds going to Tim's mother.

If manufactures, like yourself and Jason at BMI, Eric from EA motorsports, and others, I was wondering if Fastlane Raceway could get some donations for raffle/door prizes- for the best turnout possible. That would be greatly appreciated. If anyone is interested , please contact Shane or Randy at www.fastlanehobby.com or 816-220-0100.

Helping a fellow racer,
Bill Sydor
BSYDOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2006, 08:42 PM   #17
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Response to Bill Sydor

Bill; I'll point some of the people contributing items toward Fastlane Raceway. If we share the stuff being donated, it will be better for Tim. Thanks to you and Fastlane Rcaeway for stepping up. Beat the drum; and let every one know about the Benefit Races at Fastlane and Thunder Road. Thanks; Ernie P.
Ernie P. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2006, 10:57 AM   #18
Tech Regular

Default Sue Rickman Benefit Races and sponsors

Okay; we have two race tracks holding benefit races; three manufacturing sponsors signed on to donate merchandise; and a lot of people sending what few dollars they can afford. We have the opportunity to do something great here; and that doesn't come along very often. Let's keep the ball rolling! Thanks; Ernie P.
Old 06-22-2006, 08:18 PM   #19
Tech Regular

Default Sue Rickman Benefit Race(s) Update

The Sue Rickman Benefit Races on July 22 (Road Course) and 23 (Oval), at Thunder Road RC Speedway in Gordonsville, Virginia are shaping up to be quite the events. Every penny of the $25.00 entry fee will be donated directly to Tim Donley, to aid in his mother's fight with cancer. Thunder Road will be putting up $250.00 in merchandise awards for each race.

A number of racers and teams have pledged to attend; and a host of manufacturers, including Associated, BMI, EAMotorSports, Jaco, SMC, Trinity and others have pledged support. We'll have a lot of door prizes and some really nice raffle items. Fastlane Raceway in Missouri will be holding a benefit race; and Coopers in Chatham, Virginia is checking their calendar. Support for this most worthy cause is strong, and growing every day.

So mark the dates on your racing calendar. It's for a great cause; and it's looking like it will be a great couple of races. Details, directions, maps and more at thunderroadrc.com. Thanks; Ernie P.
Old 06-22-2006, 08:18 PM   #20
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

I would like to say Thank You to the Coleman family, Your help is greatly appreciated. God Bless
Old 06-22-2006, 08:25 PM   #21
Tech Master

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to jaysimpson

Ernie it appears we will be holding a Benefit race as well here in Alabama coordinated between The A-Train Race Club in Birmingham,Al and The RC3 Race Club in Huntsville,Al. We haven't got any details as of yet but we are in the talking/planning stages. It is great to see everyone want to help a fellow racer out even though we don't know him. Big props to you Ernie for starting this topic and to all of the manufacturers and racers that will be helping out!
A-Train Racing
Warehouse Raceway
jaysimpson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 08:34 PM   #22
Tech Regular

Default Response to promatchrcr

That's great news! Please post the details here, when you have them. The real credit belongs to all the people who jumped in to help, buddy. People just like you! Thanks; Ernie P.
Old 06-23-2006, 05:36 PM   #23
Tech Master

We are going to have an online raffle. All the sponsors that were mentioned before are going to send merchandise to be raffeled off. More detailes on that to come later. We will post all that is going to be raffeled. I am going to use my paypal address as to where you send your money for a ticket or tickets, I will print off your name how many times you bought a ticket. Those tickets will be put in a hat for my mom to draw the names. I will post the results of who won what and then contact the sponsor and give them your shipping address and they will ship it direct to you. It is that easy, We need to keep this thread alive and at the top the more people who say they will be their the better. We need to give kudos to all the sponsors who donate merchandise to this great cause. Be sure when you get your ticket to send your address with it aswell incase you win something. I believe Shane is going to contact all the sponsors to see what they are going to donate, So we can post it later. I am going to talk to shane about how long this is going to go on for, but I think sometime in mid August we will draw names. That way we have pleanty of time for people to get onboard.

I would like to thank all of those who have said a prayer for my mom, and to all the sponsors who steped up to the plate for this cause. It shows who really cares for the hobby and its people involved in it.

Thanks Tim Donley
Old 06-23-2006, 06:45 PM   #24
Tech Master

If all the sponsors could call me and let me know what all they are going to donate for the online raffel, I would appreciate it so I can post it on here.Or if you would like to be a sponsor you can contact me as well. I need to know the diffrence between the raffel and the door prizes that you will send to the tracks participating.

Thanks Tim Donley
(816)-630-2889
Old 06-23-2006, 09:12 PM   #25
Tech Regular

Default Sue Rickman Benefit Raffle

Good idea, Tim. I'll help spread the word; and sell you some raffle tickets. Heck, I'll even buy a few! How about posting your Paypal address? The raffle tickets are $5.00 each, right? Thanks; Ernie P.
Old 06-23-2006, 09:23 PM   #26
Tech Master

Yes Ernie they will be $5.00 dollars a piece, My pay pal address is
[email protected]

We should have alot of good stuff to raffel off.
Old 06-24-2006, 05:49 AM   #27
Tech Regular

Default Raffle tickets

There we go! I'll start letting people know about the raffle. Thanks; Ernie P.
Old 06-25-2006, 07:56 AM   #28
Tech Master

Yes tickets are for sale now. I have sold 2 already lets keep it going. Still no word on what is going to be up for grabs
Old 06-25-2006, 12:04 PM   #29
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to EAMotorsports

Hey Tim,

I'll call tomorrow and work out the stuff for the Raffle. I am going to send a few things to Ernie at Thunder Road as well for his raffle....

Thanks and I hope it goes very well for you!!!

EA
EAMotorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2006, 07:28 PM   #30
Tech Master

I would like to Thank Jonathan Anderson for his support. He has 2 tickets
ever thought he said he didnt want them. And thanks for being a sponsor.

I would also like to Thank Thomas Brown for his support. He has 2 tickets