R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 06-17-2006, 11:28 PM   #76
Tech Regular

Send a message via AIM to Bobby Flack

WOW THIS IS SO LAME!

I cant believe this thread is back AGAIN! Lets look at it like this, I would be willing to bet that Travis would have still won the nats whether he bought his equipment, ticket and all that or not. What would your argument be then? You guys have to stop making excuses and blaming the factory guys because they beat you. Do what every one of us that has a full factory ride did and PRACTICE PRACTICE PRACTICE! Just try it out before you go to your next big race, trust me it helps. I finished 2nd at Cleveland 2 years in a row without any sponsors, just a whole shitload of practice. These days especially its so easy to buy competitive equipment that no one should have any excuses when it comes to that.

This is like trying to ban Hara from racing ROAR races, if he wasn't there someone else would win but they would know it was without a major player there. How could you feel good about making the main if you elminate the top stock drivers, i know I wouldnt but I guess some people are different (Ron).
Bobby Flack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2006, 11:58 PM   #77

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to StephenSobottka

Well said Bobby. Every single one of the factory racers has paid their dues with practice and track time. They are factory because they wanted to put forth the time and effort to do well and to succeed. I know I have been at the track almost 3 times a week at times when I have felt I really needed some time to work on my car or to test new things out before the next event. It is all about personal effort.... how much gain you want to see versus your effort that you put in.
Old 06-19-2006, 02:14 PM   #78
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hodapp

Now, I can't knock the guys that have full travel stock rides. They love racing and they are traveling for free and doing what they love. I would like to think that most of them would love to run modified. But for them to do that might not be possible because the team they are on already has their mod travel guys. So they can either go as a full factory stock guy and do what they love to do at the stock level which is the level that they can have full factory support, or they can go on their own coin to try and prove themselves which is a huge risk. They would have to be pretty dialed, like so dialed that they go out and spank half of the factory mod travel guys on their team and then say, what up! Even doing that would not guarantee them a factory mod travel deal.
amen

RC-Trim | Serpent USA | On-Point | Trinity | Revtech | ORCA | BSR | KO Propo | PT RC Racing Oil | WTRC | rcpitwhores.com
peter_robinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2006, 02:36 PM   #79
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

just my two cents but i would race factory drivers if it helped me improve my driving skills to stay up with them. SO i dont care which clas they run in...if im in that class I will try my best to win but if it doesnt happen and i atleast stay up with them i am happy. I am just getting better.

HotShot RC / Nexus Racing
Xray T2 '009 w/Exotek Chassis, BMI DB12rr, Tamiya F104X1
Team Durango DEX210
ChadRacing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2006, 02:49 PM   #80
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 54 (100%+)

I think the real issue is the lack of some kind of national ranking system, if you win a Stock National Title, (i.e. Birds', Cleveland, ROAR Nats) wouldn't it be logical to systematically move into the 19t class the next year? This is where ROAR and other event organizers are lacking.
Doug D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2006, 03:24 PM   #81
Tech Rookie

Doug-Yes that is exactly what they should do.
Bobby-So are you saying that people like Travis would have won if any single person that was in the Modified A main was racing him in stock?No he would have been smoked,thats why real factory guys dont run stock. They will run it untill they relize that going 5 miles an hour around the track isnt for guys who are sponserd. The way it must be for all factory drivers is just like that to, they run stock then win a race and they want to get better so they go up a class then they do good in that so then they start running mod and practicing in that so that they can get good. Thats all im sayin is that roar should have a rule like that,But they wont and the same people will win Stock every year.
Ron Jeremy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2006, 03:48 PM   #82
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Jeremy
Thats all im sayin is that roar should have a rule like that,But they wont and the same people will win Stock every year.
Hey Ron did you completely miss that one point that it's not always up to the driver what class they run!? Their sponsors are the ones who enter them in races and pay their entry fees, handout motors and tires. The driver doesn't always get the choice of what class to run. I know several stock racers that would love to move up to mod but continue to get entered in stock classes by their team.
Anthony.L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2006, 04:20 PM   #83
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 102 (100%+)

Even if they developed a rule to eliminate "factory" stock drivers, the loop holes would let them continue to race. They won't "pay" the racers anymore, they'll offer "incentives". No more paychecks, just "rewards".

If you force a guy to move up when he wins a major race, what happens when the non-sponsored guy (who pays his own way) wins that race. Do you force them to start buying more expensive motors, batteries etc.. in order to compete with Baker, Easton, Hara?

If you want to be the best, you have to beat the best. Moving up should be a personal choice not a mandate.
Old 06-19-2006, 04:31 PM   #84
Tech Addict

Send a message via AIM to Alex Lopez

HILARIOUS!!! I just love how after a major event there is always some clever schmuck that starts up these ridiculous threads.
Alex Lopez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2006, 04:37 PM   #85
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to EAMotorsports

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex Lopez
HILARIOUS!!! I just love how after a major event there is always some clever schmuck that starts up these ridiculous threads.

Its all Papi's fault for having his own Factory Team!!

EA
EAMotorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2006, 04:47 PM   #86
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony.L
Hey Ron did you completely miss that one point that it's not always up to the driver what class they run!? Their sponsors are the ones who enter them in races and pay their entry fees, handout motors and tires. The driver doesn't always get the choice of what class to run. I know several stock racers that would love to move up to mod but continue to get entered in stock classes by their team.
This is very true. Of course the driver can choose whther or not to be sponsored by that company.

This type of thing used to be self policing. What company wanted to send factory drivers to cherry pick against their customers? And what driver with any integrity would get any satisfaction from winning a class racing against other drivers far below his skill and ability.

I guess it is all about a paycheck.

And what about 7 National titles for two different car categories with nearlyn a third of the entries classified as A-main finisher. Too many classes!
Rick Hohwart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2006, 06:34 PM   #87
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

for those who have mentioned it... please list the 'factory stock drivers' that are paid a salary...?

RC-Trim | Serpent USA | On-Point | Trinity | Revtech | ORCA | BSR | KO Propo | PT RC Racing Oil | WTRC | rcpitwhores.com
peter_robinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2006, 06:40 PM   #88
Team EAM

Quote:
Originally Posted by peter_robinson
for those who have mentioned it... please list the 'factory stock drivers' that are paid a salary...?
Come on now Peter....I seen your pay check at the carpet nats.....2500.00 for a week of racing!!!

PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS IS A JOKE!!!!

EA
Old 06-19-2006, 06:45 PM   #89
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Hohwart
And what driver with any integrity would get any satisfaction from winning a class racing against other drivers far below his skill and ability.
This sums it up for me.
Old 06-19-2006, 06:49 PM   #90
Team EAM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Hohwart
And what driver with any integrity would get any satisfaction from winning a class racing against other drivers far below his skill and ability.

No offence to any of the mod guys out there around the world but seems like Mark Rheinhard has been doing that since the worlds 2 years ago!! Albeit he is in the TOP class there is racing against the WORLDS BEST but man that kid is awesome!!

EA