R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 06-16-2006, 01:13 PM   #61
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutabarucka
I don't know what chip on you sholder, but i know that there are much better packs out there now than a few years ago but you can buy a 1.23 volt pack and the IR is 23 and the factory guy packs will be the same 1.23v and the IR will be 15, now put the same racer with the same motor and you will see that the pack with the lower IR will do much faster laps much longer that the pack with the higher IR, I know that the setup drivetrain and all that is a factor but packs with lower IR will kick your ass no matter what you say, and i see the difference in the lap time with the lower IR compare to the higher IR PACKS.
Doseck won 12th Mod, (the most battery intensive class there is), at Cleveland with a pack purchased straight off the Trinity table at the race. What more proof do you guys need? Like I said, borrow a pack from a team guy, give him your best pack, and he'll still stomp you, that's all there is to it. These guys get the stuff for free because they're so good.

I was actually at a race at Scotty's this past summer, sitting with one of Hurricane's top stock drivers. I looked at this Driver's packs, and looked at packs in the store. The packs on the shelf were better ACROSS THE BOARD, marginally better voltage and runtime, and identical IR's. My statement stands as originally posted. Plus, unless you're driving the full 5 or 8 minutes without touching a board or another car, that slight difference in battery is lost to your mistakes anyway. Like I said, none of us are being beaten by battery.
Team CRC, PowerPush, Access Race Place, US Indoor Champs, CD SUPERPRO, RK Designs, TxDSkingraphix, Cypress, Founder and lead instructor of the Ian Ruggles Negative Reinforcement Driver Training Program, enroll now.....
CypressMidWest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2006, 01:18 PM   #62
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

There is a place for the sportsman driver at National Championships. It's called the lower mains. Come on people, it's a "National Champion", not "National Champion of 50% sponsored drivers who have been racing for less than 3 years running Stock Motors".

The stock or 19 turn classes are not entry level classes on the national level, nor should they be. The guy that wins stock is the guy that is the best at conserving momentum with an underpowered motor in the nation. If he wins it and choses to move to somethig more difficult and prestigous, thats his and his sponsors choice. If not, figure out how to get better and beat him. This is hard for us Americans to hear who feel like we are entitled to everything and feel as if we shouldnt have to put in the effort needed to achieve it.

To make too many specialized rules or to expand to too many classes would devalue the honor of being a National Champion. If you don't like it, go run NORRCA (if they are still around). You can win a Novice National Championship there.
Old 06-16-2006, 01:18 PM   #63
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

See basically this arguement comes down to all the cheerleaders saying "Just man up and take your beating" but the logic is flawed. Those guys are not moving up because they want to stay where it is comfortable and they can win. Yes, they want to win. I'm tired of hearing people talking about guys wanting to win the easy way. Guess who is winning the easy way?

This is also not just a hobby to these guys. If you're at the track 3-4 days a week, it's not just a hobby.

If you are serious enough to accept free product, have your travel paid, etc., then you are serious enough to race mod or 19t. Period.

This is why there should be a ladder. Every other type of racing has one. At a minimum, if you've been in the the A in stock consistently at big races, why not just move to 19t?

And you guys wonder why the Europeans and Japanese kick everybody's asses...

"Failior [sic] crowns enterprise." Robert Goddard

I-Lap Scoring Systems http://www.rclapcounter.com/
robk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2006, 01:19 PM   #64
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

So I'm thinking of starting a new web based TV show called R/C Pros vs. Joes...

Quote:
and Japanese kick everybody's asses...
Rob that's because we know Karate!
Old 06-16-2006, 01:19 PM   #65
Tech Regular

Send a message via AIM to Hodapp Send a message via Yahoo to Hodapp

OK! I did not want to comment again but I have for some reason, been giving this whole topic more thought than I wanted to.

Would ROAR ever consider dividing the on road nats into the on road modified nats and a separate race that would simply be the on road stock nats. They did it in off road to solve a problem really similar if not exactly like this one. To keep Factory guys out of stock. I think the issue was the fact that stock is suppose to be the battle ground for amatuer and up and coming talent to grow. The guys that actually pay for their stuff. Heck! If I am not mistaken, the guys that actually pay for their stuff are the guys that make it possible for the factories to be able to send us to races anyway. When we continue to make it a factory show in all classes we are essentially limiting the overall growth of this racing thing that we all love so much by discouraging Joe Stock Racer.

Now, I can't knock the guys that have full travel stock rides. They love racing and they are traveling for free and doing what they love. I would like to think that most of them would love to run modified. But for them to do that might not be possible because the team they are on already has their mod travel guys. So they can either go as a full factory stock guy and do what they love to do at the stock level which is the level that they can have full factory support, or they can go on their own coin to try and prove themselves which is a huge risk. They would have to be pretty dialed, like so dialed that they go out and spank half of the factory mod travel guys on their team and then say, what up! Even doing that would not guarantee them a factory mod travel deal.

Jeff Dayger stepped up and raced modified at the recent on road nats and I am pretty sure that he had everything taken care of in terms of travel etc. But he is on a team that needs a couple more Factory Mod guys to give Toso and Darroch a hand. You don't have to watch him for very long when he is on the track to realize he is very talented and will be a mod A main contender soon. He just has the opportunity to try his hand at the Full Factory Mod level because their is room within the team.

Anyway........there are all kinds of ways to look at it........I just thought I would share a couple of my views.zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Hodapp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2006, 01:49 PM   #66
The Evicerator
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Jeremy
Evicerator.. Very interseting how you think i am someone that could heads up race with almost anyone and beat them. Maybe i could hang with any average stock guy,being a non factory stock racer.
Of course! Anyone as...well endowed.... as you must be able to "hang" quite nicely against "stock" guys
Old 06-16-2006, 01:53 PM   #67
Tech Addict

Send a message via AIM to justin lessard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evicerator
Of course! Anyone as...well endowed.... as you must be able to "hang" quite nicely against "stock" guys
!
justin lessard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2006, 02:24 PM   #68
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to EAMotorsports

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hodapp
Would ROAR ever consider dividing the on road nats into the on road modified nats and a separate race that would simply be the on road stock nats. They did it in off road to solve a problem really similar if not exactly like this one. To keep Factory guys out of stock. I think the issue was the fact that stock is suppose to be the battle ground for amatuer and up and coming talent to grow. The guys that actually pay for their stuff. Heck! If I am not mistaken, the guys that actually pay for their stuff are the guys that make it possible for the factories to be able to send us to races anyway. When we continue to make it a factory show in all classes we are essentially limiting the overall growth of this racing thing that we all love so much by discouraging Joe Stock Racer.
Good post Hodapp....

Splitting the on-road nats will not happen as Roar has just decided to go and make the Off-road nats a "1 week" deal now. Saturday-Wednesday will be Stock and Thursday-Sunday will be Mod. All at the same track and same week. It will allow the factory teams to be at the stock nats for support without having to pay the "Pro" guys twice and travel twice.

EA
EAMotorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2006, 04:04 PM   #69
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutabarucka
Ron, has a point about racing factory guy together and the reg Joe's together
the factroy racers have an advantage over the reg Joe's they get the best batteries and also the best motor's that the Joe's don't have access to, now this is a fact i buy my packs from matchers from all corners of the USA and never able to keep up with the factory guys the packs i get is not the best here go the fact i had the opportunity to get a pack from a factory racer and let me tell you that was the fastest i ever go in stock that pack was just off the hook, now in my opinion factory racers should race with factory racers.

Did you ever stop to think that they might be faster then you because they can tune a motor better, set up a chassis better, and just flat out drive the wheels off.
Stock racing is all about being consistent, holding your lines while keeping your corner speed up. Anyone can be fast in a straight line.
sharkman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2006, 04:15 PM   #70
Tech Addict

Send a message via AIM to JohnMatrix

Hey Im Full Travel Stock Racer,

I travel all over to race in these events to come in the C and D, pay for it my self. Time to go to mod!!! I'm keeping ppl of the E mains.
JohnMatrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2006, 04:26 PM   #71
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by EAMotorsports
Good post Hodapp....

Splitting the on-road nats will not happen as Roar has just decided to go and make the Off-road nats a "1 week" deal now. Saturday-Wednesday will be Stock and Thursday-Sunday will be Mod. All at the same track and same week. It will allow the factory teams to be at the stock nats for support without having to pay the "Pro" guys twice and travel twice.

EA
EA, you read it wrong, the offroad electric nats will not be from Saturday through the next Sunday, it will run from wednesday thru Sunday. More than likely it will be Practice on Wednesday with stock qualifying on Thursday, and mod qualifyuing on Friday with the stock mains on Saturday and the mod mains on Sunday. The Saturday through Sunday of the following weekend will be the Nitro onroad nationals(nitro sedan and 1/8 scale).
T. Thomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2006, 05:50 PM   #72
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to EAMotorsports

Quote:
Originally Posted by T. Thomas
EA, you read it wrong, the offroad electric nats will not be from Saturday through the next Sunday, it will run from wednesday thru Sunday. More than likely it will be Practice on Wednesday with stock qualifying on Thursday, and mod qualifyuing on Friday with the stock mains on Saturday and the mod mains on Sunday. The Saturday through Sunday of the following weekend will be the Nitro onroad nationals(nitro sedan and 1/8 scale).

Your right....I was reading the wrong part it!

EA
EAMotorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2006, 08:09 PM   #73
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I haven't won a mod race yet and have a lot of respect for those who run mod as their bread n' butter.
rtypec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2006, 03:09 PM   #74
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharkman
Did you ever stop to think that they might be faster then you because they can tune a motor better, set up a chassis better, and just flat out drive the wheels off.
Stock racing is all about being consistent, holding your lines while keeping your corner speed up. Anyone can be fast in a straight line.

That never occurs to most people.
Team CRC, PowerPush, Access Race Place, US Indoor Champs, CD SUPERPRO, RK Designs, TxDSkingraphix, Cypress, Founder and lead instructor of the Ian Ruggles Negative Reinforcement Driver Training Program, enroll now.....
CypressMidWest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2006, 04:26 PM   #75
Tech Addict

Instead of crying about what you can't change, here's another option. Don't go, stay home. If you can't do as well as you think you should , stay home. If everybody that felt the same way, and stayed home, what do you suppose might happen?