R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 06-15-2006, 05:09 PM   #31
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Jeremy
I race Stock sedan and belive that factory guys shouldnt be. REAL factory guys run Mod. But i geuss there are some P***ys out there that are to scared that there "factory" but not good enough to beat real Factory Drivers.
Coming from someone who is such a coward to post under a false identity really doesn't have a leg to stand on calling others out.

You go ahead and keep getting butt hurt about getting raped by better drivers at the big races. Don't forget your KY at the next nats, you will need it.
Anthony.L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2006, 05:13 PM   #32
The Evicerator
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

I have a feeling that "Ron" is someone who would probably smoke most ppl in this thread down in a heads-up race... on or offroad...

He probably just doesn't want to sully the reputation of his sponsors/employer but feels these are things that need to be said...

... so anyhow
Old 06-15-2006, 05:27 PM   #33
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evicerator
He probably just doesn't want to sully the reputation of his sponsors/employer but feels these are things that need to be said...
Oh but wait just a minute, if he's sponsored and running in the stock classes then guess what he's a hypocrite.

Oh and guess what if "Ron" was such a good racer then he wouldn't have to come on here bitching about sponsored stock racers and just beat them heads up.
Anthony.L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2006, 05:53 PM   #34
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to flameoutgarrett

scuba.....good job showing up on saturday and laying it down........that was great...
Old 06-15-2006, 06:22 PM   #35
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 99 (100%+)
Default Stock Racing

Hey Ron,

You will gain way more credibility if you do two things. #1 post under your real name and not some stupid screen name. #2 call out what factory team your upset with and which "factory drivers" you keep talking about that are too afraid to race mod. If you won't do it then you have no "Balls" either. Yappin about your issues in pretty vague terms is lame.

Steve
Fasttrax Racing Series / NORA On Road Series
corallyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2006, 06:22 PM   #36
Tech Regular

Send a message via AIM to kyle478

I think everyone at a major race should run stock....
kyle478 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2006, 09:21 PM   #37
The Evicerator
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by flameoutgarrett
scuba.....good job showing up on saturday and laying it down........that was great...
Thanks, I am sure things could have gone better with some more luck...but I had a good time doing what I did ...

Just tried my best with what I had!
Old 06-15-2006, 09:35 PM   #38
Tech Regular

We have factory guys that race at our local track, they run mod when we have enough folks that want to run mod and they run stock the rest of the time and no one complains. Heck some of our non sponsered guys run neck and neck with the factory guys in stock. And I have heard time aand again people say they enjoy the chance to match up against the sponsored guys. I really dont have a problem with someone with a full ride run whatever class his sponsor tells him to, gives everyone a chance to gauge themselves against the big guns with the same or close equipment.
tarheelquality is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2006, 10:41 PM   #39
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 74 (99%+)

I would first like to say that I can't believe there are PAID (as in salary) STK. RACERS!

Now with that said, there are companies with INCENTIVES in thier contracts. Incentives ARE NOT PAY as in salary. ITs a bonus! I see nothing wrong with that. If said driver places in the A and said company is gonna use that drivers name in ads and such why should the driver not get something for it? Most Factory Mod. Racers that are PAID have incentives in thier contracts for winning or placing in the A main at certain races.

But NAME ONE "FACTORY" stk. racer that actually works for a CHASSIS company???? I can only name one Stk. racers that actually WORKS for any RC company (not counting the ones that OWN the company) That is how a FACTORY MOD. driver gets paid. They either work in the warehouse or are a team manager or are just good enough to get paid for R&D work.

Now if you count someone that actually WORKS for a motor company and gets PAID FOR THIER work from that as a Factory racers I disagree. He is getting paid for his work not his racing.

So with all of that said, I still think that if you run stk. and win a few National events (snowbirds, Cleveland, Roar Nats, and the list goes on) then it is time to move up one class.

I say ROAR should have some form of rule, Win a Stk. national this year, you can't run stk. next year! You either run 19t or Mod.. Now if you move up and can't cut it I see nothing wrong with coming back down a class. ( but I don't see that happening)

I have in the past made a suggestion to a ROAR EX.COM. Member of this:

Say I sign a contract with a chassis company, that company would have to contact ROAR and let them know that I am a what ever level driver for them Either a FULL FACTORY,75%or 50% driver for that company. Now ROAR would use that info. on my ROAR card with some kind of Color code. Like Red=Full Paid racer, Blue=75%, Green=50%. Then at a ROAR event if you have no code or a Green code you can run Stk, 19t or Mod. If you have blue you can only run 19t or mod. and if you have a red then its only Mod. for you.
But I was told that the companies would never disclose that info to ROAR as to who is paid and who is not. I guess that I understand that, it up to the company who they want to pay and who they don't....

As for all of you that keep saying its the TEAMS that are making these guys run stk......I say BS! Why....Look at Dayger and other drivers from the same company for example. All run for the same chassis company, All have won lots of MAJOR races, why has Dayger moved up to 19t and Mod and the other drivers have not? Is thier SAME CHASSIS COMPANY MAKING one move up while the others are being held back? HECK NO!!! Its that Dayger (I would say voiced he WANTS to move up) while others are HAPPY running stk and have no desire to move up.
Old 06-16-2006, 03:20 AM   #40
Tech Rookie

Imprsme.. Very well said. You win a national in stock then step it up and run mod. Look at the reedy race for example,You win 19Turn the next year you have to run mod, or you win Open Mod then the next year you have to run Invitational. Thats exactly how it should be with every race. These "factory"stock racers that dont sign themselfs up for these races shouldnt be running stock in the first place because they are factory enough to have there chassis sponsers pay for there races and travel. And if your company doesnt think your good enough to race Mod then they shouldnt be paying for all of your travel,i can garuntee that these Factory stock guys that win everyrace wouldnt stand a chance of even making a Modified "B"main at a national,thats why they stick with stock cause they cant win with anything else.

Evicerator.. Very interseting how you think i am someone that could heads up race with almost anyone and beat them. Maybe i could hang with any average stock guy,being a non factory stock racer.
Ron Jeremy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2006, 05:49 AM   #41
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to stormperson

Teams do force drivers to run stock (since stock sells cars!)

And many stock drivers have moved up to mod and done very well, Ray Darroch made many mod sedan A main this year in his first year of running mod. Dayger barely missed the past two paved A mains in mod sedan and doesnt even have an asphalt track anywhere near him to practice, and when he did run mod 12th scale at the birds he almost won. And if you look at 19t A mains 1/3 to 1/2 of the drivers are stock guys.
stormperson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2006, 06:28 AM   #42
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Ssshhh If you guys keep talking about this, they may change their minds on sending me on my first paid trip to a big race. Where is Kandahar by the way?

Neil Armstrong 1968
Cammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2006, 06:39 AM   #43
Tech Regular

Impresme, I beleive in one of the Revups Roar is talking about doing what you suggest but that would still only be Roar races which are definitely not all the races, heck they aren't even a majority anymore. I dont know about chassis companies sending guys to race stock but I could see a motor company, say one that only does stock motors, telling their sponsored driver that he needs to be running some stock races. It only makes sense since mod would not be advertising their product.
tarheelquality is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2006, 07:09 AM   #44
Tech Champion

Covering what Hodapp said,

1) When you are sponsored I think part of the reason you have a drive with a company is because they have considered what class of racing you like to compete at and feel comfortable with. Then their other drivers represent them in modified etc etc.

So,if there are many drivers in stock at a meeting its either because theyve been instructed by their sponsor to race in that class or it is their preference to.

Ive never raced at a modified meeting in off road,for about 5 years. Why? Its too fast for my liking. The car wears quicker too.

Luckily my sponsors do not ask me to race only in stock,or in mod.

So Ron,consider the reasons WHY some team drivers dont go the full distance before you try and claim we've "got no balls" lol. This applies to sponsored drivers with full or little support,we all race and are all sponsored to a certain degree! Took me 11 years of racing to get this far,enjoying every minute of it too! Just out of interest, how long have you been racing Ron?

But...

2) If we are just talking about club level racing where this whole subject has started from,why not have a little chat with the race organiser? The racing has to accomodate all types of racing or there wouldnt be much of a club...

Failing that just go to another club if you don't like whats happening near you. But from the first post it sounds like were talking about the top end races here. And guess what... They usually limit the number of entants to these meetings. So if you want to get into the race register early and pray theres not so many sponsored full factory ride drivers going...

The wife stops me being sane and the r/c stops me from going insane....
tc3team is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2006, 07:59 AM   #45
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 74 (99%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarheelquality
Impresme, I beleive in one of the Revups Roar is talking about doing what you suggest but that would still only be Roar races which are definitely not all the races, heck they aren't even a majority anymore. I dont know about chassis companies sending guys to race stock but I could see a motor company, say one that only does stock motors, telling their sponsored driver that he needs to be running some stock races. It only makes sense since mod would not be advertising their product.

I agree that the system would only work for a handful of races, with most of the "MAJOR" races not being ROAR sanctioned, but most of them do follow ROAR rules. So if ROAR had a rule like that then, maybe these races would implement it into thier race. MAYBE.

Motor companies, don't "USUSALLY" pay entries. That is mainly done buy your chassis manufactures.

I have heard that once you get up to the MAJOR FACTORY level that your chassis sponsor and motor/battery sponsor may work out some sort of deal where one pays Hotel/rental while the other pays entry and food or some sort of split like that where one company isn't paying for the whole deal all the time.