Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Supernova 3000 charger.... >

Supernova 3000 charger....

Supernova 3000 charger....

Old 05-11-2006, 03:28 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default Supernova 3000 charger....

I got this charger awhile ago and it's freaking hard to use it’s too complex I’ve read the manual and it may as well be in Chinese. If I put a 2cell AA nimh pack on the charger and it says “ready press start to charge” does that mean it has automatically detected the batteries and has the right settings? If so how does it know? Does it use internal resistance?

http://www.discounthobbies.com.au/mi...rnova_3000.gif
Old 05-11-2006, 04:35 AM
Tech Regular

hey bro wassup. yeah its not very intuitive at first to use. but once yuo learn its a very simple charger.

just put the battery on and it will say push start to charge.

there are no battery profiles as such coz it detects the cell number (or more correctly it doesnt need to know the cell number)

all you have to do is select the charge current. for AA batts charge at 1.5amps whould be a good comprimise between charge time and heat.

the only thing you be carefull of is to select the battery type i.e PB or NIMH/Nicd or Lipo (the older versions dont do lipo)

i know of a manual online i will try find link for you. its called something else in america.
Old 06-13-2006, 06:16 AM
Tech Apprentice

Thanks for that
so how does it detect the cells? by the internal resistance?
I have read the manual like 5 times and tried to do it step by step but they abbreviate things and somethings are irrelevant at this stage. I can use the old blue and red swallow its quite simple.
Thanks again
Old 06-13-2006, 05:36 PM
Tech Regular

hi. i have no idea how it detects number of cells. it just does. the swallow is the same. you dont need to tell it cell number.