R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 01-10-2003, 04:07 PM   #1
Suspended

Send a message via ICQ to maxboost
Default trinity or deans connector?

i have deans connector and thinking of getting trinity connector, it looks a lot neater since theres no wires hanging fromt he cells and i think its got less resistance due to less soldering joint compare to the deans. what u guys think?
maxboost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2003, 04:29 PM   #2
Tech Apprentice

yes, theoretically you would have less resistance, but you wouldent even notice a difference (i didnt). they are alot neater but then again even deans can look good with a nice solder job.
if you change just be aware of reverse polarity.
alfa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2003, 01:52 PM   #3
Tech Apprentice

I use the Dean's with the side by side packs for my xxx-s. I use the Trinity connectors on my saddle pack 414m2. Both work great, but the Trinity ones are really difficult to solder into 12 ga wire. Alfa had a good point too, watch out for polarity with the Trinity connector.
dalem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2003, 05:16 PM   #4
Tech Adept

I use the Trinity/Corally/Orion Twisted Gold (Whatever!) on my XXXS with the SideXSide packs and like them alot better than Deans. If you have a good iron, they're really not that hard to solder.

SeattleRCRacers.com - come race with us!
skibum989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2003, 11:55 PM   #5
Tech Adept

Send a message via AIM to Avink1

dalem, why are they hard to use with 12 ga wire? are you trying to shove the wire into the connector, because you only have to solder it to the top of the male ends don't put the wire inside it.

the Trinity/Corally/Orion connectors work well if they fit in your car, if you want to use these in say a RC10B3 you'd have to cut part of the chassis or solder them onto another battery bar. it is easier to ger the deans connectors to work in any car. i personally use Team Orion connectors on my 1/12th scale.
Avink1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2003, 12:00 AM   #6
Tech Elite

Send a message via AIM to ZER01
Default Re: trinity or deans connector?

Quote:
Originally posted by maxboost
i have deans connector and thinking of getting trinity connector, it looks a lot neater since theres no wires hanging fromt he cells and i think its got less resistance due to less soldering joint compare to the deans. what u guys think?
That's exactly why I went to them post-type battery connectors-same number of solder joints as hard-wiring but it's more convienant than another grab for the iron. The deans have 4 joints while hard wiring and post-type connectors have 3 joints. Then again, you can pull a masami and just hard wire your battery wire stright to the cell.
ZER01 is offline   Reply With Quote