Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Interference

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2006, 08:08 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default Interference

can anyone help... got major interference with my yokomo bd. glitching when it gets to further away distances even in my back yard. ive used my brushless and my robitronic speedo . 2 servos 2 recievers. had my handset sent away and check along with crystals. tried longer and shorter aeriels . put plastic antenna mount on instead of metal one. double amount of double sided tape . moved reciever away from speedo on top of servo. tried unplugging personal transponder and servo and fans and still yet it glitches. ive snapped 5 drives shafts due to this glitching across track into walls has any one got any idea what this could be. was thinking about spectrum but ive overspent trying to sus the problem as it is.
Old 06-10-2006, 09:19 AM
Tech Elite

two things that I had happen in the past that coused glitching:

you didn't mention switching motors....I've had a bad endbell of a chameleon cause probs

Inside my handset a lead from the antenna was weirdly soldered and until I actually followed the wire from the antenna to the solder joint and yanked on it a few times did I find that an intermittent connection was happening at the solder joint. Just a visual check and everything looked fine.

Also...sounds stupid.....is the antenna on the handset completely screwed into the handset?
Old 06-10-2006, 11:54 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

All good points, & I might bring up a couple more questions, exactly which radio set & what wind of motor are you using? Some rados will just be more prone to interference than others, & some motors can put so much of a load on a car's system that the amp draw can start to cut into the juice that powers the receiver, & that can cause interference(because the receiver may not have enough available power to run properly)...
Old 06-10-2006, 01:09 PM
Tech Apprentice

thanks for the sugestions.
using ko vantage
had the handset apart antena is fine nothing wrong there. apart from brushless i been using 12-7 turn motors. i was changing stuff from friends car today and then walking down yard. changed modules handsets ended up with least interference without the brushless but still get the occasional random glitch even when not touching throttle or steering. racing tomoz using my normal speedo see how it goes alough ive interfernce with this also.
Old 06-10-2006, 03:31 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 56 (100%+)

Ok this will sound wierd but it happened to me with a Touring car before. I had a bad bearing in the belt tensioner and the harmonics caused a glitch. I know it sounds bizzar but replacing the bearings eliminated the glitch.
Old 06-11-2006, 04:17 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Grizzbob
some motors can put so much of a load on a car's system that the amp draw can start to cut into the juice that powers the receiver, & that can cause interference(because the receiver may not have enough available power to run properly)...
i think i have that problem with my KO radio sets. i think its only a minor problem because im only glitching / losing signal at the end of the back straight at our track when im using a high amp draw motor.

so whats the way around this may i ask?