R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 06-09-2006, 11:12 AM   #16
Tech Fanatic

Owh, I thought it was T1R. Hehe my fault.

So any other thing that could change my mind so that I would choose the Yokomo over the Barracuda????

In my own opinion, the two cars are great. However after looking at the pics of the two cars(both are second hand cars) I kinda like the Yokomo better cause it looks cleaner and has a little les scrathes.

So any suggestions that would change my decision????
Tpg racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2006, 11:14 AM   #17
Tech Fanatic

So any other thing that could change my mind so that I would choose the Yokomo over the Barracuda????

In my own opinion, the two cars are great. However after looking at the pics of the two cars(both are second hand cars) I kinda like the Yokomo better cause it looks cleaner and has a little les scrathes.

Also the Barracuda has a lower deck without the sparkle. How could this happen??? The upper deck has sparkles but not the lower deck. Is there any chances the owner has changed the lower deck????? Is there such upgrade??? Is it any better???
Old 06-09-2006, 11:43 AM   #18
Super Moderator

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Location: Singapore ̡͌ ̴̡ı̴̴̡ ̡̡͡|̲̲̲͡͡͡ ̲▫̲͡ ̲̲̲͡͡π̲̲͡͡ ̲̲͡▫̲̲͡V
Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)

It's all up to you buddy..both are great cars..there are some nice Barracuda R3 for sale at the for sale/trade thread...go to search and just key in Barracuda R3 and you'll see a couple of nice ones for sale...

I'm neither a Mod nor a Rocker. I'm a Mocker.

Viper R/C Solutions | Atomic Carbon CR2 LWB | Darth Tray | Losi 8IGHT 2.0-E | Tamiya TRF801X-E
Funkymojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2006, 12:20 PM   #19
Tech Adept

Send a message via AIM to COLEKO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tpg racer
Also the Barracuda has a lower deck without the sparkle. How could this happen??? The upper deck has sparkles but not the lower deck. Is there any chances the owner has changed the lower deck????? Is there such upgrade??? Is it any better???

There was a option to get the black chassis parts.

Team TAOB 2004
COLEKO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2006, 12:59 PM   #20
Tech Elite

Quote:

No go for the Yokomo. Although the BD has "replaced" the car it is still a competitve car for clubracing and national racing. I have one and love it. Spares are easy to find since some parts like the suspension are the same as the BD and many Hongkong stores as wel as speedtechrc are selling parts for the car
Old 06-09-2006, 02:06 PM   #21
Tech Master

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Just buy the MLP !

Selling HPI F10 Front Knuckles and Complete Rear Axles W/Diffs Ball and Gear.
W/12mm TC Hubs & W/14mm F1 Hubs Good for std bearing Pans cars. STD Bearings!
eBay item number: 200947192161,200947193175,200947187493
Marty Peterson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2006, 02:38 PM   #22
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

A lot of the spur gear problems on the R3 is the stock shaft holders are plastic and in a crash they do move, Alex does make aluminium holders (or whatever Alex calls them) The stock steering rack does not allow enough steering throw so the car does not seem to want to turn, Alex also offers an aluminum one and it has more steering throw. Other than that the car is rock solid and fast.
Oasis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2006, 05:51 PM   #23
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

By the look of the steering system on the R3, you can't change the ackermann.

I'd go the T1R becuase you will be able to run mod without having torque steer and it will probably have the highest quality of the three cars.

Sunshine Coast QLD AUSTRALIA

"If you stand still long enough you'll go backwards"
Drewdc90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2006, 06:01 PM   #24
Super Moderator

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Location: Singapore ̡͌ ̴̡ı̴̴̡ ̡̡͡|̲̲̲͡͡͡ ̲▫̲͡ ̲̲̲͡͡π̲̲͡͡ ̲̲͡▫̲̲͡V
Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)

Yes the T1R's quality is top notch just like all Xray cars..but Alex Racing's quality is awesome too...i would rate the built quality of the T1R and R3 over the SD...

I'm neither a Mod nor a Rocker. I'm a Mocker.

Viper R/C Solutions | Atomic Carbon CR2 LWB | Darth Tray | Losi 8IGHT 2.0-E | Tamiya TRF801X-E
Funkymojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2006, 10:14 PM   #25
Tech Fanatic

Wow I can sense the tention against Yokomo SD car.

Well U guys gave me alot to think. Still not very sure though. Among all the cars rite now, the XrayT1R is the only one brand new in box. And is the most expensive among all three kits.

I'm still not sure though. I can't seem to let my eyes of the Yokomo SD. But who am I to make the judgement cause I don't even know these cars well.

Guys sorry to say I still need more opinions on this matter.

FYI, there are not many people running Barracudas in Malaysia. So this is a matter that I must take into consideration. I could still get the parts though, just a little harder than the Yokomo and Xray.
Old 06-09-2006, 10:30 PM   #26
Tech Master

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Well I will never say one car is better than another But I will say I would go with the Xray out of the 3 you are looking at

Remember MLP ok

Look go with the car you can aford and that you feel good about everyone will say go with this or that and so on ok so look at what you have to spend and pick the car you think will work for you all of use will have something to say about every car out there.

So if you have the money then Xray if not go with what you feel by the way it looks or what ever you are the one that will be driving it and will need to be happy with it ok.

Selling HPI F10 Front Knuckles and Complete Rear Axles W/Diffs Ball and Gear.
W/12mm TC Hubs & W/14mm F1 Hubs Good for std bearing Pans cars. STD Bearings!
eBay item number: 200947192161,200947193175,200947187493
Marty Peterson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2006, 10:40 PM   #27
Tech Lord

I don't understand why your not looking at the Tub Chassis Cyclone (It's along the same lines as a T1R..affordable race car) The only reason why I would shy away from the T1R is it's an older design.. In terms of Xrays it's 4 models old (04FK,05FK and the T2) if it was all that Xray would still be using that design. At least with the Cyclone it's a new design, It also has quite a few factory hop ups as well. It's the same price as the T1R.
Old 06-09-2006, 11:00 PM   #28
Tech Fanatic

Thanks Marty, u made me thinking and my votes is much on the Yokomo SD side rite now.

However I am still open to any opinions out there.

Yes it is true that the Xray T1R is and old design. However, I'm more in to shaft driven cars rite now cause I have previously owned a TA04-S before.

I wanna feel how the shaft ones drive this time.
Old 06-09-2006, 11:05 PM   #29
Tech Rookie

Yup..The HB Tub Chassis Cyclone and Tamiya TA-05 is a good car too if you dont bother about the carbon chassis...
RBGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2006, 11:57 PM   #30
Tech Lord

Quote:
Thanks Marty, u made me thinking and my votes is much on the Yokomo SD side rite now.

However I am still open to any opinions out there.

Yes it is true that the Xray T1R is and old design. However, I'm more in to shaft driven cars rite now cause I have previously owned a TA04-S before.

I wanna feel how the shaft ones drive this time.
As far as belt drive cars go the TA04 or the T1R do not represent cutting edge technology. The Yokomo BD is a better car but it also has a bigger price tag. I own (or have) just about every shaft driven car out their. The SD is still a good car, The LCG SD is a better car, If your wanting a shaft car the Pro4 is a great car. It to has fallen from grace within the TC community..You can find them for cheap..