R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 06-08-2006, 06:00 PM   #76
Tech Addict

Send a message via AIM to WhoMe

Thank you for the information..sounds like a great idea and product. Definatly peaked my interest.
WhoMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2006, 06:05 PM   #77
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigeRyan
Simple questions:

How much each shipped to the USA?

If I sent you a PT to clone 4 times over what is the cost?

What is the warranty / repair policy?
Sorry TigeRyan I missed your post way back on page 1!!

I think I've said about the pricing, although as I mentioned the 'multiple order' price has yet to be finalised. The warranty is as we offer with our other products, it's a 'limited lifetime' warranty (limited by the reasonable working lifetime of the product) and we offer a repair service that's trusted and reliable. We already offer AMB related services and replace the batteries in rechargeable transponders for many clubs. The i-PT should be a very reliable product, but obviously if someone breaks it (crushed, dragged, squashed etc) they will have to pay for a replacement the warranty won't cover crash damage etc!!
Terry_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2006, 06:09 PM   #78
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhoMe
Thank you for the information..sounds like a great idea and product. Definatly peaked my interest.
That's great WhoMe, you're welcome!

Any other questions I'll do my best to answer them. But now I'm off to bed it's 1am over here in England!! I have to be up at 7am to start work again...
Old 06-08-2006, 06:21 PM   #79
Tech Fanatic

I'm still here, I'm still awake, just!!

I just found my post, to save anyone searching through pages of people complaining about AMB PT prices the link is here below. I did drop a hint, I think? Well Ed (TryHard) seemed to get my drift, didn't you Ed??

http://www.rctech.net/forum/showthre...0&page=8&pp=30
Old 06-08-2006, 06:38 PM   #80
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Terry if you dont mind what will you be doing with the trade in's that are working and not damaged! For example the trade in you take from the person who takes you up on the discount for exchanging thiers.
Old 06-08-2006, 07:50 PM   #81
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by i.a.s
So this is my idea for you you get all these pt's and clone them a guy in america is contacted by an english guy small fee is paid and you clone his pt for the english guy as they are very unlikely to ever race agaist him now that means the english guy can have a cheaper pt and so can the american guys.
Lets make it good for both sides of the pond should only take a data base as long as you know where all the pts come from and people give permision for their numbers to be used got to be good for everyone
you have to be very carefull with things like that, the chances of it getting clashes with only a few hundred units out is close to zero.

but if this new transponder becomes very popular, say over 10 years there is a 30% takeup, then eventually with 2nd hand sales etc, there could be clashes. then if there are enough clashes going on around the world, then clubs will put a ban to using them.
XingXing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2006, 07:53 PM   #82
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to burbs Send a message via Yahoo to burbs

Do we get the PT we send you back??? What if i sent you my working PT, and wanted it back as well as a few clones.. Or do you lose the one you send.. Would be nice to be able to get these not just as a fix... Would cost me a bunch of money to lose a PT working, just to get some clones.. Thanks
burbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2006, 08:43 PM   #83
Tech Regular

Send a message via ICQ to RoachRacing Send a message via AIM to RoachRacing Send a message via Yahoo to RoachRacing

Terry - you have PM
RoachRacing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2006, 08:53 PM   #84
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by burbs
Do we get the PT we send you back??? What if i sent you my working PT, and wanted it back as well as a few clones.. Or do you lose the one you send.. Would be nice to be able to get these not just as a fix... Would cost me a bunch of money to lose a PT working, just to get some clones.. Thanks
Read post #71 in this thread.
or8ital is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2006, 09:08 PM   #85
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to BigDogRacing

Terry- great idea. All of us race directors will really enjoy the racers NOT putting different PT's in their cars. That REALLY gets old.

You mentioned that the new AMB rechargable's batteries don't last nearly as long... man, are you right!! And it costs $115 to replace them!! If you don't mind me making mention of this here, I'll gladly delete it, but there's a guy here in town that can replace the batteries in the AMB rechargables. He charges $45 plus shipping. He gives no guarantee that replacing the battery will fix the transponder though... for obvious reasons. I think his username is 2001C5 if anyone needs to contact him. Hopefully, with your program, rechargables will be a thing of the past!!!

Keep up the good work!
BigDogRacing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2006, 11:56 PM   #86
Tech Regular

so if i send you my ambpt that only checks once but doesn't count laps after that and i have you make me 4 clones what would be the price.
shipped to the west coast of Canada.
because i would like to send mine in next month when i have the extra cash.

and what payment options do you take
IE paypal
chris_morrison_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2006, 12:00 AM   #87
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedxl
Terry if you dont mind what will you be doing with the trade in's that are working and not damaged! For example the trade in you take from the person who takes you up on the discount for exchanging thiers.
Hi speedxl, apologies for my delayed reply. To answer your question we keep the trade in's, we will collect them all in a big box I guess!
Old 06-09-2006, 12:17 AM   #88
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by XingXing
you have to be very carefull with things like that, the chances of it getting clashes with only a few hundred units out is close to zero.

but if this new transponder becomes very popular, say over 10 years there is a 30% takeup, then eventually with 2nd hand sales etc, there could be clashes. then if there are enough clashes going on around the world, then clubs will put a ban to using them.
XingXing the i-PT may not become very popular, a lot of people may well stick with what they know and stick with AMB. On the other hand they may become very popular we're not really sure on that one! But it is why we take the precaution of having the owners name embedded inside the case it should discourage 2nd hand sales, but for those people that have both AMB PT's and i-PT's with their ID# it's down to them to not sell on their AMB PT, you are right it could cause problems but the chances are quite small. If there were ever two on the same ID at the same meeting and I was the race director I'd have to question the i-PT owner to find out why he/she sold their AMB PT on 2nd hand and caused a problem! The solution could be to enter them in different races and hope they're not in the same main/final, if by chance they were the AMB PT guy would have priority, sounds fair.
Old 06-09-2006, 12:26 AM   #89
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDogRacing
Terry- great idea. All of us race directors will really enjoy the racers NOT putting different PT's in their cars. That REALLY gets old.

You mentioned that the new AMB rechargable's batteries don't last nearly as long... man, are you right!! And it costs $115 to replace them!! If you don't mind me making mention of this here, I'll gladly delete it, but there's a guy here in town that can replace the batteries in the AMB rechargables. He charges $45 plus shipping. He gives no guarantee that replacing the battery will fix the transponder though... for obvious reasons. I think his username is 2001C5 if anyone needs to contact him. Hopefully, with your program, rechargables will be a thing of the past!!!

Keep up the good work!
Hi BigDogRacing, glad you like the idea. It's no problem about the battery changes there are people around that offer the service, we do it for the UK/Europe and I know of a guy over in Australia too. You really need someone in the USA, it really helps cut down on the overseas shipping! Battery changes are tricky but not too bad when you've done a few if you get what I mean. It's best to not even attempt if you're not sure what you're doing!
Old 06-09-2006, 01:03 AM   #90
Tech Regular

Terry,

Absolutly brilliant idea!

I'm aware you have been working on this for some time, glad to see it come to market at last!

Not sure about the idea of different pricing for "failed, bin it" as opposed to "working, please return" options. I suspect the biggest market share will be those who run different classes and can have 1 number throughout. You need to encourage take up in this area and this is best achieved by offering the same price differential as replacing a broken one.

But hey, what do I know!

Dave
TraceRacing is offline   Reply With Quote