R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 01-21-2007, 03:29 PM   #481
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry_S
Hi Karl, we've not received your AMB PT yet but I'm sure it will be with us soon. I will let you know when it arrives.

To answer your question about names we don't use nicknames we only use a persons name, a hobby store/business name or a club/track name. The reasoning is that i-PT's are custom built transponders and we're identifying the owner to their own PT ID number. If someone doesn't agree with having their name used they will buy AMB PT's instead of i-PT clones.. but the advantage of having i-PT clones apart from the improved design and convenience is having the same ID number for all your cars.

There's no problem, it's like Scottrik says regarding ROAR rules and the use of clones "They are allowed, but be aware that IF there are conflicts the original AMB transponder has 100% priority. Conflicts between clones are left to the owners to sort out." I agree with that. The one time we could (but don't) make a clone without a name but just with the ID number is if someone has a clone made and does a trade in on it. In that case there would only be one PT in use with that number, however any 'extra' clones made using that ID would have the name included.
Hi Terry, thanks for your reply
cheers mate.
poop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 02:54 AM   #482
Tech Addict

If you're really desperate to have something cute written on the I-PT you can use labeling machine.
andsetinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 03:58 AM   #483
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by poop
Hi Terry, thanks for your reply
cheers mate.
No problem Karl
Terry_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 04:00 AM   #484
Tech Fanatic

4 CELL RACING
With 4 cell racing coming along our Bug Booster connected in to your AMBrc PT will prevent any power related missed laps due to low voltage or power dips etc. AMB PT's only operate down to 4V which can cause problems.

To avoid any missed laps due to power problems our i-PT is the 'total solution'.. with its built-in power booster circuit to not only maintain the output signal strength but also boost it for a lap counting advantage! The improved specs also mean multiple clones on one ID# and easy-change leads plus custom case, LED and lead options available. Check out www.team-mrt.com for details.
Old 01-23-2007, 05:54 AM   #485
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Shookie Send a message via MSN to Mr. Shookie

Hey Terry,

I got the I-PT yesterday.....Thanks,
-Shookie <><
All who love the LORD JESUS I praise with you.1 Cor 10:31
Team HOLY Rollers (Team Manager)
The Church is a Hospital for Sinners not a Museum for Saints.
RcTech Feedback <>< RC Tech Subcriber #92
Mr. Shookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 04:34 PM   #486
Tech Fanatic

That's great news Shookie!!
Old 01-24-2007, 03:39 AM   #487
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by poop
Hi Terry, was wondering if you'd be emailing customers when you have received their AMB for cloning or will you email them only when it's ready?
Karl your transponder has arrived, it will be with us for about 7 working days. I will let you know when your order is ready next week, and you can send your payment then. We don't usually email customers unless requested, but often customers do check on the status of their order.
Old 01-24-2007, 05:12 AM   #488
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Quote:
Karl your transponder has arrived, it will be with us for about 7 working days. I will let you know when your order is ready next week, and you can send your payment then. We don't usually email customers unless requested, but often customers do check on the status of their order.

That's really good news thanks for letting me know. i was a bit worried about sending it because i wanted to send it via a method that had tracking but it costs an absolute bomb (nearly $50 AUD) to send something so small so i opted to send it the normal airmail letter post way (postage only cost $1.50). Thanks again.
poop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 07:17 AM   #489
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default Transponder

So Terry If I send you my AMB transponder and want it back and 4 clones too what is the total cost?
amainracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 07:31 AM   #490
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to seaball

Quote:
4 CELL RACING
With 4 cell racing coming along our Bug Booster connected in to your AMBrc PT will prevent any power related missed laps due to low voltage or power dips etc. AMB PT's only operate down to 4V which can cause problems.

To avoid any missed laps due to power problems our i-PT is the 'total solution'.. with its built-in power booster circuit to not only maintain the output signal strength but also boost it for a lap counting advantage! The improved specs also mean multiple clones on one ID# and easy-change leads plus custom case, LED and lead options available. Check out www.team-mrt.com for details.
could this be used for a servo to provide better transit time/torque?
Old 01-24-2007, 10:44 AM   #491
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Great idea, i just found this post today.. and i think its awesome.. now.. here is the scenareo..

I am in the US, i want to buy a transponder, which has been cloned for a UK guy. lets say his PT number is 5551212. he agrees to sell his PT number to US customers. So, i purchase this transponder you send it to me, and i start using it.

Maybe a year later, i-PT has blown up in sales, and someone else decides to purchase a transponder as well. what are the chances of this new guy getting the original 5551212 transponder from the same UK guy i purchased from. and having a duplicate 5551212 transponder here in the US?
dgrobe2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 10:45 AM   #492
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Shookie, have you used the i-PT yet, what are your findings.

Thanks
dgrobe2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 01:30 PM   #493
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

dgrobe2112: go back a couple of pages, i believe the answer to your question is there
adam lancia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2007, 04:11 PM   #494
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by seaball
could this be used for a servo to provide better transit time/torque?
Hi seaball, sorry no it can't be used for a servo it's only for use with personal transponsers.

Hi dgrobe2112, nice idea about PT ID#'s. We're only making clones for the PT owners, so all i-PT clones have a name inside the case. You have to have an AMB original before you can get a clone made. It's been mentioned before as adam lancia has said.
Old 01-26-2007, 08:05 PM   #495
Tech Fanatic

Terry

i just wanted to see if you recived my PT yet??? should have been there by now.

Tim C
Mike's Hobbyshop in Dallas (RIP)
Nor-Cal Hobbies [The Race Place]
tpczx6 is offline   Reply With Quote