R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 01-14-2007, 02:41 AM   #466
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Got my i-PT, thanks Terry. It weighs only a fraction less than the AMB (I was hoping it would be lighter), but I am loving the ability to solder the wire to my desired length. I hope a new version with mounting ears is coming soon. If so, I'll be buying more.
James35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2007, 01:39 AM   #467
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Shookie Send a message via MSN to Mr. Shookie

Hey Terry,

Just checking to see if my I-Pt is on its way to me.
Let me know,
-Shookie <><
All who love the LORD JESUS I praise with you.1 Cor 10:31
Team HOLY Rollers (Team Manager)
The Church is a Hospital for Sinners not a Museum for Saints.
RcTech Feedback <>< RC Tech Subcriber #92
Mr. Shookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2007, 10:27 AM   #468
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry_S
Gary, no your not thick-headed at all, it's just that your question has not been asked before so you won't find an answer! You are correct the total will be $130 + $9 for 2 standard blue i-PT's including shipping for your PT, that's having them all sent together at the same time. The 10% promotional code applies to any i-PT standard or custom, however when ordering standard blues ones you would get the $65 price which is around 25% discount. You send your completed form in the mail along with your original AMB PT, payment is made when your order is ready to be shipped back to you.

Steve: Thanks we're looking into possibilities for the future, anything to help make things better for our customers and for us! As i-PT's are not mass produced we're still looking for ways to save time and make things easier!!

Terry, Gary asked my exact question. Without going through all the posts, is there something special I have to mark on the PDF form you require?
I want to send a fully functional AMB and get it back along with two of your clones in the blue case for $65 each for a grand total of $139 US.

Do I need a code or something? enter BLUE for colour? enter a lead length?
mach51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2007, 03:02 PM   #469
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry_S
... however when ordering standard blues ones you would get the $65 price which is around 25% discount.
I was thinking of getting a cloned PT and had a look at your website.

But the ordering form states $89 while the quote from this thread says $65.

Could you explain?

Thanx.
MBreve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2007, 08:08 AM   #470
Tech Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to akura2 Send a message via Yahoo to akura2

the form is generic to get the order in... if you get the blue one, it will be $65... all other colors are $89...

payment won't be requested until the ipt is ready... once it's ready you will be charged accordingly
akura2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2007, 11:12 AM   #471
Tech Fanatic

Hi Terry, is the $9.00 shipping for any amount of iPT's I order ? or for each one you will add $9.00 ?? also will you add shipping to the PT I send in if it will be returned with the new iPT's ??

Thanks
Greg
Rojna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2007, 12:37 PM   #472
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Shookie
Hey Terry,

Just checking to see if my I-Pt is on its way to me.
Let me know,
-Shookie <><
Hi Shookie, it's made and ready to ship tomorrow (Wednesday) from over here in the UK. We've been busy catching up on orders from after the New Year break, almost up to date now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mach51
Terry, Gary asked my exact question. Without going through all the posts, is there something special I have to mark on the PDF form you require?
I want to send a fully functional AMB and get it back along with two of your clones in the blue case for $65 each for a grand total of $139 US.

Do I need a code or something? enter BLUE for colour? enter a lead length?
Hi mach51, it's like akura2 says just put down blue case with blue LED on the form plus the lead length you require and it will be $139.00 total inc shipping. You could write 'rctech offer' but if they're standard blue then that's all we need.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MBreve
I was thinking of getting a cloned PT and had a look at your website.

But the ordering form states $89 while the quote from this thread says $65.

Could you explain?

Thanx.
Hi MBreve, I think akura2 answered your question. Let me know if you need any more information.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rojna
Hi Terry, is the $9.00 shipping for any amount of iPT's I order ? or for each one you will add $9.00 ?? also will you add shipping to the PT I send in if it will be returned with the new iPT's ??

Thanks
Greg
Hi Greg, it's $9 shipping for each order. The shipping is for return of your PT plus the new cloned ones you order. If you want your PT returned early before the new ones are ready it's an extra $4 extra making shipping $13 in total. We will ask for payment when your new cloned transponders are all done.
Terry_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2007, 01:09 PM   #473
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed Anderson
Only if the track you are going to has an AMBrc or an AMBrc3! It will not work with the older systems. So if you can use a PT where you race now, you'll be fine.
Ed, or anyone.. we're interested in the systems and PT's that are out there being used, we'll call it our "2007 survey"!!

If you can answer any or all of the following questions:

A. How old is your clubs AMBrc system? Older than 2002?

B. Is your club upgrading to the new AMBrc3 decoder? If yes why?

C. How old is your AMBrc PT? Has it got a green LED or an amber LED?

D. Have you ever seen any/many really old PT's with no end cap?

Any help would be very much appreciated, thanks in advance guys!!
Old 01-16-2007, 11:31 PM   #474
Tech Adept

Hi Terry,

I have all the information I need. Akura2 summed it all up.

I'll go for the blue one, my favorite colour anyway.

I hope you're not to busy as I forgot my transponder twice last week at a meeting without PT's.
MBreve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2007, 05:46 AM   #475
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by MBreve
Hi Terry,

I have all the information I need. Akura2 summed it all up.

I'll go for the blue one, my favorite colour anyway.

I hope you're not to busy as I forgot my transponder twice last week at a meeting without PT's.
Ok that's good you have all the information you need. Hopefully you won't forget too many times again! We'll sort yours out asap after we receive it.
Old 01-19-2007, 06:25 AM   #476
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I already had my PT cloned twice. I'm in need of another. I know I dont have to send my original PT in but can I send my request by e mail or do I have to sent it in on paper.
Long Island Raceway
Capt.Micro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2007, 08:06 AM   #477
Tech Fanatic

Hi Kevin, if you'd like to order again as you've said we don't need your original PT sent to us. Just send us an email or PM, no need to be on paper with the form. If the specs are different to your previous order(s) we need to know exactly what you require, case, LED and lead length plus your PT ID# to use.
Old 01-20-2007, 07:33 AM   #478
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Hi Terry, was wondering if you'd be emailing customers when you have received their AMB for cloning or will you email them only when it's ready? I sent mine off to you more than a week ago (from Australia via airmail) and was wondering if you have received it yet? My name is Karl and my AMB number is 6968099. your reply will be much appreciated
thanks mate.

One more question, must the i-pt use my surname on it or can i use my rctech nickname for the $65 special? What's the reasoning for using my surname? i guess it doesnt really matter only until i give up rc and want to sell all my pt's to someone, then they'd be a little reluctant seeing that it's got my name on it and might worry that someone might think it was stolen
poop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2007, 07:54 AM   #479
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 245 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by poop
One more question, must the i-pt use my surname on it or can i use my rctech nickname for the $65 special? What's the reasoning for using my surname? i guess it doesnt really matter only until i give up rc and want to sell all my pt's to someone, then they'd be a little reluctant seeing that it's got my name on it and might worry that someone might think it was stolen
This is EXACTLY the problem with these clones. This fellow apparently ordered more than one clone seemingly unaware that he is NEVER to sell the clones, even if he quits.

And how many people signing that agreement actually intend to live by it when they bail out of the hobby...or money gets a bit tight one month...or...?

Folks should also note that ROAR have specifically addressed cloned PT's in their 2007 rules. They are allowed, but be aware that IF there are conflicts the original AMB transponder has 100% priority. Conflicts between clones are left to the owners to sort out.

Scottrik

THE REVOLUTION WILL NOT BE TELEVISED -Gil Scott-Heron (1949-2011)
Scottrik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2007, 07:06 AM   #480
Tech Fanatic

Hi Karl, we've not received your AMB PT yet but I'm sure it will be with us soon. I will let you know when it arrives.

To answer your question about names we don't use nicknames we only use a persons name, a hobby store/business name or a club/track name. The reasoning is that i-PT's are custom built transponders and we're identifying the owner to their own PT ID number. If someone doesn't agree with having their name used they will buy AMB PT's instead of i-PT clones.. but the advantage of having i-PT clones apart from the improved design and convenience is having the same ID number for all your cars.

There's no problem, it's like Scottrik says regarding ROAR rules and the use of clones "They are allowed, but be aware that IF there are conflicts the original AMB transponder has 100% priority. Conflicts between clones are left to the owners to sort out." I agree with that. The one time we could (but don't) make a clone without a name but just with the ID number is if someone has a clone made and does a trade in on it. In that case there would only be one PT in use with that number, however any 'extra' clones made using that ID would have the name included.

Last edited by Terry_S; 01-21-2007 at 07:20 AM.