Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
New Improved Personal Transponder (i-PT) >

New Improved Personal Transponder (i-PT)

New Improved Personal Transponder (i-PT)

Old 08-08-2006, 02:34 AM
Tech Regular

what happens when the box gets full?
Old 08-08-2006, 03:06 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally Posted by PerformanceRC
They go in box number 2
Old 08-08-2006, 07:21 AM
Tech Elite

Location: MOOD;; feeling good not racing ,saving shed loads of money,lovely Tan i have aswell

Terry will get a BIGGER box
Old 08-09-2006, 02:51 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by PerformanceRC
It's a BIG box!!

There's room for quite a few in the box but eventually we'll either need another box.. "number 2" or an even BIGGER box
Old 08-09-2006, 03:57 AM
Tech Master

Team-MRT - What is an approximate turn around time for me to send you my transponder, and then receive the I-PT? Also, what type of discount, if any, for buying two or more PT? Thanks.

Snowy.
Old 08-09-2006, 10:13 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Terry_S
It's a BIG box!!

There's room for quite a few in the box but eventually we'll either need another box.. "number 2" or an even BIGGER box
YGPM.
Old 08-09-2006, 12:00 PM
Tech Regular

I am getting ready to send you one of my transponders and I was curious how I go about paying you via paypal? Do I pay when I send it in or will you send me a note to tell me to pay once they are ready?
Old 08-09-2006, 12:04 PM
Tech Fanatic

Terry, what if the info/sticker is rubbed off the AMB ... could you still take it as a trade as well as figure out what it's ID is?

Thanks, Tommy
Old 08-09-2006, 12:26 PM
Tech Fanatic

Just a (late) note about the clause in the AMB conditions on patents. It's not about their patents, it's about what happens if they infringe someone else's patent.

What they are saying is if they have infringed a patent, and you are stopped from using the product, or worse still asked to pay additional money for using the product, they (AMB) are not liable. It's a nice idea, but I am willing to bet that in the law-suit-city that is the USA, that condition wouldn't stand up for longer than it took a judge to bang his gavel!

I haven't seen any patent numbers on an AMB gear. If that's the case, then all they have is design imtellectual property. Since electronic devices have been copied since they were invented, I guess that this isn't an avenue AMB could explore with the i-PT.

As for onroaddude, the paranoid Race Director - are you using a complete AMB lap-counting system, including their supplied PC? If not, then aren't you using the PT with non-AMB hardware anyway? And, if AMB don't supply the car, isn't that non-AMB hardware your using with the PT? And what about the wire under the floor, did AMB send you that too? Get a grip, young man, this is about people nobbling the firmware code, copying it and/or and reading it with a non-AMB supplied decoder, which is the black box next to the loop that feeds the PC, IIRC. The licence is granted to the person who buys the PT, not you!
Old 08-10-2006, 12:13 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Beautiful job on my I-PT I just got mine back and I am VERY SATISFIED with the service provided.............
Old 08-10-2006, 01:25 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Originally Posted by kidDynomite
Terry, what if the info/sticker is rubbed off the AMB ... could you still take it as a trade as well as figure out what it's ID is?

Thanks, Tommy
The sticker is meaningless to them. They are cloning the signal off the transponder.
Old 08-11-2006, 04:20 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Essnowyt
Team-MRT - What is an approximate turn around time for me to send you my transponder, and then receive the I-PT? Also, what type of discount, if any, for buying two or more PT? Thanks.

Snowy.
Snowy, the turn around time is about a week with us plus the shipping time back to you. Our 25% discount price of $65.00 US each is the only price until the end of the limited offer. When the offer ends the price will be $89.00 but we will have discounts for quantity orders and for reordering of i-PT's.

Originally Posted by DerekEngland
I am getting ready to send you one of my transponders and I was curious how I go about paying you via paypal? Do I pay when I send it in or will you send me a note to tell me to pay once they are ready?
Derek, when paying by PayPal we will contact you for payment once your order is ready.

Originally Posted by kidDynomite

Thanks, Tommy
Tommy, if the number is rubbed off the AMB transponder we can still take it as a trade, but you should know the ID by checking it over an AMBrc loop. Like or8ital says we are only cloning the signal off the transponder.

For info, basically we started with the PT signal and designed our own improved hardware and firmware to eliminate all the power problems people have. The number on the case is the PT identity (ID) number but it's not the same as the signal. Our i-PT is an improved personal transponder and not just a "copy" of the original AMB one.
Old 08-11-2006, 04:25 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Is it possible to just buy a PT from you outright?? I dont have a personal trans for my 12th scale right now, But i need one.. semms like these are the way to go.. Im very interested in one.

I need one for my 12th scale.. I have one for my oval car, but it would cost me more then a new personal to get two back.. Is there a different cost if i sent that one in had it cloned, and had the original and new one sent back.. thanks

Last edited by burbs; 08-11-2006 at 01:03 PM.
Old 08-11-2006, 09:31 AM
Tech Regular

One last question before I place my order.... What colors do you have available for the case and the LED?
Old 08-11-2006, 12:45 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by burbs
Is it possible to just buy a PT from you outright?? I dont have a personal trans right now, But i need one.. semms like these are the way to go.. Im very interested in one.

I need one for my 12th scale.. I have one for my oval car, but it would cost me more then a new personal to get two back.. Is there a different cost if i sent that one in had it cloned, and had the original and new one sent back.. thanks
Burbs, I'm not quite sure what you'd like to do. If you would like an i-PT made from your oval one for your 12th scale it would cost you $65.00 US, and we would send your AMB PT and your new i-PT back to you.

Originally Posted by DerekEngland
One last question before I place my order.... What colors do you have available for the case and the LED?
Derek, cases available in:
Translucent blue, red, purple, orange, yellow or green. Clear or smoked black.
LED's: Blue, white, red, amber or green.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.