Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

someone else with the same thought
http://www.rfidexchange.com/forum/to...earchTerms=lap
butrflynlambie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2006, 12:33 AM   #257
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by onroaddude
Does anyone know what FCC thing on the AMB PT for?
Not sure if this will violate the patents or any regulations????????

I did a little research about AMB system and these are interesting:

b) The customer acknowledges that the goods may include certain firmware imbedded therein. AMB hereby grants a license to customer to use the imbedded firmware in an AMB decoder, but only to the extent the decoder is used in connection with AMB hardware. AMB shall have the right to terminate the license immediately upon written notice to customer in case AMB has a reasonable belief that customer at any time has used the AMB decoder in connection with non-AMB hardware. Further, customer may not copy, compile, reverse compile, disassemble, translate, analyze, reverse engineer or attempt to reverse engineer the firmware, except as permitted by applicable law.

c) In addition, customer grants AMB the option to repurchase any AMB decoder if AMB has a reasonable belief that customer has used the AMB decoder in connection with non-AMB hardware. The repurchase price shall be the fair market value on the date AMB provides notice to customer that it intends to repurchase the decoder.
15) Patents and copyright
Product offered for sale by the company may be subject to patents or other such protective devices. To our best knowledge the goods sold by AMB do not violate patents or other protective devices. If ever a third party claims with the customer that the goods do indeed violate patents or other such protective devices, AMB will not be held liable by customer for any incidental or consequential damage resulting from this claim, including but not limited to costs of removal and reinstallation of goods, loss of goodwill, loss of profits or use, or payments that have to be made to a third party. AMB maintains full copyright in respect of our publications, company name, product names and logo. No part of them may be reproduced, transmitted or stored in retrieval systems in any form without prior written permission of AMB.

Well I'm a race director and I think that I will not take any risk letting these clone ones at my races then.
If AMB tried to enforce those rules I think MRT would have good case to sue them under anti competitiveness laws here in the UK: http://www.out-law.com/page-5811

Besides what are you gonna do? Strip every car down to inspect it's transponder before every race?
JevUK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2006, 01:44 AM   #258
Tech Regular

Scrutineering usually occurs after a race.
Its all up to the clubs and race directors as they are using the AMB Decoders.
Im surprised AMB havent got a copyright on there unique transponder numbers.
PerformanceRC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2006, 08:31 AM   #259
Tech Adept

Interesting...but it's pretty much you clone/copy/mimic AMB PT product (unique ID) in order to use with their AMB decoder. hmmm I want to know who will win in the cort.
But if you have your own system to accept this clone, it might be a way to win.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JevUK
If AMB tried to enforce those rules I think MRT would have good case to sue them under anti competitiveness laws here in the UK: http://www.out-law.com/page-5811

Besides what are you gonna do? Strip every car down to inspect it's transponder before every race?
onroaddude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2006, 11:33 AM   #260
Tech Elite

Location: MOOD;; feeling good not racing ,saving shed loads of money,lovely Tan i have aswell

this is not helping MRT with who will win in court
just go with the fact MRT are trying to help us racers out

aslong as it`s not a complete copy then MRT are allright
I-pt is different ,colour,size,internals,weight,

unless AMB have copyright on signal aswell

anyway good job on MRT .atleast they don`t charge a fortune ,then is doesn`t work

forget about court crap & tit for tat stuff
MR JOLLY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2006, 12:59 PM   #261
Tech Regular

Quote:
Interesting...but it's pretty much you clone/copy/mimic AMB PT product (unique ID) in order to use with their AMB decoder. hmmm I want to know who will win in the cort.
But if you have your own system to accept this clone, it might be a way to win.
AMB do not own the code. The mrt-ipt is not a copy or clone of an amb pt, it much superior.

It makes me laugh that you guys are so supportive of amb's monopoly, if you only knew how much they over charge and how badly designed some of their stuff is...

I can give them credit for be first to market and it's a shame no other company tried to compete earlier on. But amb now have such a monopoly that to stop other companies improve on amb's design and bring a better value for money product to the market would clearly be bad for the hobby. Although you might not have had problems with the amb pt, there are hundreds that have suffered due to it's poor design. Even though racers all over the world have identified problems with them, amb have done nothing to solve the problem. I prime example of a unhealthy monopoly.
JevUK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2006, 02:55 PM   #262
Tech Adept

Terry, YGM

Thanks, really looking forward to this awsome product!

-Hugo
hugovdb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2006, 03:10 PM   #263
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Hey Terry, is the special thru Sept.? Just kinda wanting to know so I can plan out some race dates here. Thanks.
bizkit1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2006, 03:57 PM   #264
Tech Fanatic

Sorry I've not been here to answer the questions (at least the ones I can answer!) for a few days.. been very busy. I have a few more emails and PM's to reply to so if you're still waiting for a reply back please remind me in case your message has been overlooked etc.

To answer Radar's and John's concerns regarding possible problems because of duplicate numbers with clones, as I've said before I'd suggest that the owner of the original AMB PT should have preference. We're not trying to make problems, we have improved on the current transponder design to make things better and stop the missed laps and the other problems we know people have. It's surprising just how many people have problems in both electric and nitro classes even when running with a receiver pack. We hear of the problems and everyone who's had a problem and then tried using either our Bug Booster or i-PT have had all their problems fixed.

Before the i-PT for the AMBrc system we developed our T1-10 personal transponder for the older AMB20 system. As fas as I know AMB transponders are no longer available to buy so we're keeping these systems viable and working for clubs that haven't upgraded to the new system. (We also replace batteries in the AMB20 transponders to keep them running, we do this for both rc model car clubs and full-size kart tracks)

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Warner
I thought it was an option to have your name on it, or is that standard protocol??
The name is standard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by butrflynlambie
Is there any variance to the distance from the finish line that the PT will register from?
The short answer is yes, that's why a boosted or a 'maintained full strength signal' (as with the i-PT) is an advanage.

Quote:
Does anyone know what FCC thing on the AMB PT for?
It's for RF/electro magnetic emmissions etc. As PT's have a very low signal strength there's really no problems to worry about.

Quote:
I did a little research about AMB system and these are interesting
So did we! I think what you have shown there is why there are no competing systems. Even if an improved and lower cost system was developed it would not be possible to get into the worldwide standard system for rc cars, it's already effectively a 'lock-out' situation.

Quote:
It will be interesting if Terry can come up with his own lap counting system to compete with AMB. He can make a big fortune...I guess...
We could develop our own system but it would not be easy to make any headway with clubs because their current race control software only works with AMB.

Quote:
Originally Posted by butrflynlambie
An RFID timing system.
RFID is not really suitable for rc car racing, the speed of the cars is the one of the main problems. An RFID timing system would not be reliable or as accurate I'd guess.
Terry_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2006, 04:02 PM   #265
Tech Fanatic

Re YGM - Hugo ok thanks, I'll reply tomorrow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hugovdb
Thanks, really looking forward to this awsome product!
Thanks for the compliment and your vote of support!!

Hi bizkit1, yes the offer continues until the end of September.
Old 08-07-2006, 05:24 PM   #266
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Thanks for answering all of my questions.
Old 08-07-2006, 06:09 PM   #267
Tech Adept

interesting article.
http://www.findarticles.com/p/articl..._n5996382/pg_4
butrflynlambie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2006, 01:11 AM   #268
Tech Fanatic

STLNLST you're welcome, thanks. Any more questions I'll do my best to answer them. JevUK, Mr Jolly and the other guys who helped with answers thank you your help is appreciated!

butrflynlambie, yes an interesting article. It all started with rc cars and the title of the article "Racing improves the breed: better racing through modern technology" shows that accurate timing is important in racing. We do have AMB to thank for our lap scoring and timing, and often it's all just taken for granted.. when it all works.. but when there's problems a solution is needed!
Old 08-08-2006, 01:14 AM   #269
Tech Elite

Location: MOOD;; feeling good not racing ,saving shed loads of money,lovely Tan i have aswell

aslong it`s no harder then 10+10 = 20 then i can answer most question`s
MR JOLLY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2006, 03:02 AM   #270
Tech Fanatic

I think the confusion is due to the word "kept" in the UK it means something slightly different to the US, maybe I should have said "stored in a box" to be understood correctly? We get people with broken PT's that don't work, ie broken leads, they do a trade-in on an i-PT. We keep their old broken PT.. and store it in a box, they get a new custom built i-PT.
Attached Thumbnails
New Improved Personal Transponder (i-PT)-rctech_01.gif