R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 07-26-2006, 05:55 PM   #211
Tech Adept

Do you have to an amb transponder before getting one of thease or can you just get one stick it in your car and go?
Racingfreak6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2006, 08:07 PM   #212
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Slotmachine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racingfreak6
Do you have to an amb transponder before getting one of thease or can you just get one stick it in your car and go?
I think you pretty much have to have one to clone to get one..........
Old 07-27-2006, 02:53 AM   #213
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by STLNLST
it's pretty cool how you name is on then as well. I'll send mine off by the weekend.
Hi STLNLST, yes with your name it makes it a real personal transponder. We make i-PT's to the details entered on the form at www.rclaps.com (note the price shown is not the discount price on our offer, offer is on until end of September) so make sure you write your name clearly on the form. We can sort out the details for the case, LED and leads later by email.

Hi Racingfreak6
You have to send us your AMB PT to have the number cloned and get i-PT's made, we can't make them otherwise.

-------
For all the guys who have sent me PM's.. thank you. I will reply asap but I do have quite a few to answer so please be patient!

Also..

Note:
You need to follow the instructions supplied with your PT, it's important that a PT/i-PT is fitted correctly. Fitting on a graphite chassis or on its side will weaken the signal but because the i-PT has the maximum signal at all times it's not such a potential problem (with the AMB PT the signal is weaker if the battery voltage has dropped lower) because of the 6V boosted signal from the i-PT.
Terry_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2006, 04:29 AM   #214
Tech Regular

Im looking at getting some of these made up.
Is there a possibility of having mounting holes , or is its only mounting available with velcro/double sided tape?
Attached Thumbnails
New Improved Personal Transponder (i-PT)-teamacademyadam2_.jpg  
PerformanceRC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2006, 07:08 AM   #215
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry_S
Hi STLNLST, yes with your name it makes it a real personal transponder. We make i-PT's to the details entered on the form at www.rclaps.com (note the price shown is not the discount price on our offer, offer is on until end of September) so make sure you write your name clearly on the form. We can sort out the details for the case, LED and leads later by email.

Hi Racingfreak6
You have to send us your AMB PT to have the number cloned and get i-PT's made, we can't make them otherwise.

-------
For all the guys who have sent me PM's.. thank you. I will reply asap but I do have quite a few to answer so please be patient!

Also..

Note:
You need to follow the instructions supplied with your PT, it's important that a PT/i-PT is fitted correctly. Fitting on a graphite chassis or on its side will weaken the signal but because the i-PT has the maximum signal at all times it's not such a potential problem (with the AMB PT the signal is weaker if the battery voltage has dropped lower) because of the 6V boosted signal from the i-PT.
Printed it out and will be sending it to you this weekend.
Old 07-29-2006, 11:39 PM   #216
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Tried the iPT's today at the track and they all worked flawlesly
HarshGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2006, 02:38 PM   #217
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry_S
The price is $89 on the i-PT form but the 25% discount limited offer price is what we're charging right now, ie $65. We need the form completed and returned along with your PT. Orders are made by email etc but they will be via an on-line order form in the future.
Great idea. I going to be sending one in to get four done. I have to say if you go over 65 dollars you will not get to many guy buy clones. But then after September you end up like ABM with “the thing to high of price”. Then when ABM just have to lower there price to around. With Pt going on e-bay from $30-$89 USD, that before you guy came out it the clones.

Now that you out, pluses and I know of one more trying to do that same thing here in the states. You are going to flood the market of ABM PT that going to be on the market that you replace. So the old ABM PT going too sales for far less.

Now with that said you do have a lot of good item that will do great.

Like the idea on improving the loans transponder that clubs use..

Your need a F.A.Q on RCLaps.com to help with the all the qustions.
Old 07-30-2006, 07:07 PM   #218
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz_S
Great idea. I going to be sending one in to get four done. I have to say if you go over 65 dollars you will not get to many guy buy clones. But then after September you end up like ABM with “the thing to high of price”. Then when ABM just have to lower there price to around. With Pt going on e-bay from $30-$89 USD, that before you guy came out it the clones.

Now that you out, pluses and I know of one more trying to do that same thing here in the states. You are going to flood the market of ABM PT that going to be on the market that you replace. So the old ABM PT going too sales for far less.

Now with that said you do have a lot of good item that will do great.

Like the idea on improving the loans transponder that clubs use..

Your need a F.A.Q on RCLaps.com to help with the all the qustions.
I don't think that is the case , even at the "same price" as an AMB, you will stull have people who run mutiple cars that would love to have the same transpo number in all their cars. Besides, what do you care, you're getting yours at the special sale price
Old 07-30-2006, 09:56 PM   #219
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarshGuy
I don't think that is the case , even at the "same price" as an AMB, you will stull have people who run mutiple cars that would love to have the same transpo number in all their cars. Besides, what do you care, you're getting yours at the special sale price
I care that it will not died after sept. It will be nice if you need one after you have it clone you can get other if you need it.

You will still get some guys that want the same numbers but I DNGAS about different numbers, You only have to worry about for 3 min when you sigh up, So paying 89 dollars do save 3 min WAY? Most racers do not care either, they get one and put it in and do not car about the numbers.

You find most of the sales of the item is the price not the same number PT.
Old 07-31-2006, 05:19 AM   #220
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Just curious on what you do with the traded in PT's? Even if they still work do you resell them or destroy them? This might have been answered before, but I just don't feel like looking at all the pages.

Also can I get one red w/blue led and one orange w/blue led?
bizkit1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2006, 07:29 PM   #221
Tech Regular

Send a message via AIM to EricO3 Send a message via MSN to EricO3

Terry, you have another PM
EricO3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2006, 06:03 PM   #222
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by PerformanceRC
Im looking at getting some of these made up.
Is there a possibility of having mounting holes , or is its only mounting available with velcro/double sided tape?

Currently only with velcro, double sided tape or I have seen special moulded mounting holders (but not sure where you can get them) think they're used in IC/nitro. Tabs are something we're looking into.
Old 08-01-2006, 06:14 PM   #223
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by STLNLST
Printed it out and will be sending it to you this weekend.
Great STLNLST, thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarshGuy
Tried the iPT's today at the track and they all worked flawlesly
Glad they're all working HarshGuy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz_S
Your need a F.A.Q on RCLaps.com to help with the all the qustions
Taz_S, yes we need a FAQ and a nice photo (or photos).. have to get our webmaster and graphics guy onto it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizkit1
Just curious on what you do with the traded in PT's? Even if they still work do you resell them or destroy them? This might have been answered before, but I just don't feel like looking at all the pages.

Also can I get one red w/blue led and one orange w/blue led?
Hi bizkit1, the traded in PT's are kept in a box marked "old PT's"
Yes a red w/blue led and one orange w/blue led is no problem!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricO3
Terry, you have another PM
Thanks Eric, I just replied to a few PM's including yours.
Old 08-01-2006, 06:27 PM   #224
Tech Master

Okay, maybe I'm confused. But why would I want to send you a PT that I paid about 80.00 for from AMB, then send it to you so you can send me one of yours back for about the same price and keep my original one. I can understand that I could get several of them with the same number but I still don't see where I'd benifit. Please explain.
John Warner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2006, 09:32 PM   #225
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Warner
Okay, maybe I'm confused. But why would I want to send you a PT that I paid about 80.00 for from AMB, then send it to you so you can send me one of yours back for about the same price and keep my original one. I can understand that I could get several of them with the same number but I still don't see where I'd benifit. Please explain.
You get your original one back to.