R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 01-13-2003, 05:23 PM   #106
RCTech Member #2

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to TSR6

Dave - I only caught the tail end of that, When Cyrul's car took the swift blow to knock it loose! It was still hilarious..

They left the "glued" tires on the table... It had some trackside paint on them.
RCTech Member #2

The postings and views expressed on this site are my own and do not necessarily reflect the positions, strategies, or opinions of any company I may be employed by.
TSR6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2003, 05:34 PM   #107
Tech Adept

Send a message via AIM to Dave Kurschner

No, Troy's laughing was earlier. He did that to freak a guy out. I can't remember who he scared cause I couldn't see but the guy jumped right out of his pants I guess.
Dave Kurschner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2003, 07:17 AM   #108
che
Tech Regular

Default ROAR Legal Cells

I have a question after seeing Barry Baker's car in the pic.

ROAR has recently approved both the Sanyo and GP 3300's cells.
Within the GP cell approval, ROAR states that both the green/yellow and 'ranibow' coloured cells are approved.

After looking at the pic of Baker's car, I see that Reedy have their own unique casings on their GP3300's.
http://teamassociated.com/shusting/C...665_gp3300.jpg

Does this still make the Reedy cells ROAR legal?

If someone is to remove the OEM casings and put on their own, how do we know the manufacturer type, capacity or origin of the cell?

I am not saying this is done, but who is to stop someone from putting their own, unique casing on a 4000mAH cell and calling it a ROAR legal cell?

Just curios, that's all...
che is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2003, 08:03 AM   #109
RCTech Member #2

Quote:
Rule 5-13: Batteries must be readily identifiable as to their origin.

The original manufacturer label must be in place (e.g. Sanyo,
Panasonic, GP, etc.). This label must include the original
manufacturers' logo, voltage rating, and milliamp rating. In the case of a secondary, or distributor label being available and applied by the original manufacturer at the factory, a Statement of Origin/ Manufacture must be provided to ROAR from the original manufacturer via the reseller for any individualized cell. This label must state the country of manufacture and have the voltage and milliamp rating printed on it. All individualized cells must be presented to ROAR for approval. Any indication that the original manufacturer applied label has been changed or tampered with will make the battery illegal. If the cells have an identifying mark on the negative end, the mark must be visible after the battery has been soldered together. If protested, it is up to the driver to prove the legality of their batteries. It is recommended that when cells are assembled into a pack, that the cells be arranged so all pertinent information on the cells is clearly visible. If gluing cells together, use glue that can be cut without damaging the cell's
identifying label or shrink wrap, such as Shoe-Goo.
The shrink on the cells is accually a Yokomo shrink wrapping, Which after viewing the ROAR website, is legal.

Recently Approved Battery
The following batteries have been approved for use in ROAR competition effective 01/6/2003:

GP330SCHR- Rainbow colored label.

Powers R 3300- Royal Blue shrink w/ white, red, yellow lettering.

Yokomo Z3300HVR- Light Metallic Blue shrink saying Zap-2 w/ yellow "Z" background.

GP330SCHC- 2/3 Green and 1/3 Orange (neg. end) label

RCTech Member #2

The postings and views expressed on this site are my own and do not necessarily reflect the positions, strategies, or opinions of any company I may be employed by.

Last edited by TSR6; 01-14-2003 at 08:05 AM.
Old 01-14-2003, 08:47 AM   #110
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to DavidAlford

Its a GP in Yokomo wrap.
Old 01-14-2003, 10:27 AM   #111
che
Tech Regular

Excellent, thank you.
che is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2003, 11:09 AM   #112
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to KINGZJ

Found this edited pic on www.sgrid.com I thought it was funny
Attached Images
File Type: jpg paul1.jpg (36.0 KB, 281 views)
KINGZJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2003, 11:44 AM   #113
Tech Regular

Send a message via Yahoo to razzo

geesh, did some 5yr old kid write the code for sgrid's site.... that's got to be THE worst navigating conference site ever!
razzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2003, 01:24 PM   #114
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

The CA'ing of Josh's car was carried out with military precision. Contrary to the previous post Josh was standing right next to his car when it was being glued.

An unnamed person asked Barry to distract Josh while the unnamed person glued Josh's left tires, his back was to the unnamed person. Then another unnamed person walked between Barry and Josh, sat net to him reached over and glued his right tires. The unnamed person wishes he had it on video, it too slick.

Other Victims:

An Unnamed person glued Jared Scotts, and Travis Schrevens Xray's to their tables, Actually he got Travis twice...lol!

An Unnamed person glued Jughead's right shoe to the ground while he was watching the awards ceremony.

An Unnamed person glued Troy Schroder's (Mr. Fantom Motors) shoe to the ground while he was chatting with one of his drivers. This one was commando style, crawling under a table.

Due to tightening airport regulations the unnamed person could not fly back with all that CA (the unnamed person 's bags were searched and they threw away all of our traction compound, CA and Shock oil!).

Last edited by AdrianM; 01-14-2003 at 02:20 PM.
AdrianM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2003, 02:09 PM   #115
Tech Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to TheBarber

Adrian - thats hilarious. It was a pleasure meeting you this past weekend and I hope the Schuie family can make it up next year too.
TheBarber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2003, 02:14 PM   #116
RCTech Member #2

Adrian - Too bad I missed half of the CA pranks.

Funny, Althought thats nothing I would be admitting to..
RCTech Member #2

Old 01-14-2003, 08:51 PM   #117
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to madjack
Default Tamiya EVO 3 question

So Troy I keep hearing how freakin' fast Jun's new EVO 3 looked during the event. Any truth to that rumor or is this just excited Tamiya fans?
madjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2003, 10:08 PM   #118
Tech Adept

Send a message via AIM to Dave Kurschner

Adrian - talk about sneaky. I was sitting less than 3 feet away and you guys were so covert, I missed it. I assumed Josh had left and it was the short time that he was away but It's even more hilarious that it was done right under his nose. Sorry about the mis-information on the timing of the great prank..lol
Dave Kurschner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2003, 10:40 PM   #119
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Madjack, no lie, Dave's EvoIII was QUICK, that thing corners VERY nicely, & appears to have its drive system just as efficient as a TC3's. I for one was impressed...

Go Pokes!!!
Grizzbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2003, 10:51 PM   #120
Tech Fanatic

I wasn't a big Tamiya fan but now I am. David Jun's car looked fast and was fast. Go to the Trackside website and check out the lap times in the triple A mains. The car is also very quiet. I asked David if it was his driving or the car that allowed him to go that fast and he replied with "Its the car".
slow is offline   Reply With Quote