R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 09-27-2006, 09:31 PM   #106
Tech Regular

you guys are lame, i sure hope the off road crowd treats this guy much better, all he wanted to do was hold a race in disney land and give away more cash than anyone else ever has. in an attempt to showcase r/c to hundreds of thousands of people who don't even know it exists. all he asked was for some people to show up pay an average large race fee and help promote r/c to the masses, and all you guys do is cry about who is gonna be there and act like he is lying about giving back the $500.

more people buy r/c/ cars from radio shack and toys r us, than all the hobby shops put together why. because they have no idea that you can purchase a r/c that will go 40mph and have the ability to tune it to a track or yourself.

why not promote r/c, this single race would have promoted r/c to more people than the snowbirds. more people racing means more technology at less costs, and pro r/c racers being able to make a good living at racing. it really is sad to see how you on road guys have treated this.
Rocket42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2006, 09:37 PM   #107
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Maybe he should have got these guys to sponsor the event.
Old 09-27-2006, 09:41 PM   #108
Tech Elite

I agree, how can you rip on somebody for giving all paid entries $500. Why not wait a few weeks and see if anybody says "I didn't get my check...".

The entire problem with this race is the timing. You can't hold it 2 weeks after the biggest On-Road race in the world. Yes, I consider the IIC bigger than Snowbirds, because Snowbirds is really 2 races combined. The guys that attended the IIC were tired, burned out and they all spent a lot of money to go to Vegas for a week (and worth every penny).

It is nice to see some new ideas brought into the industry.

Official software of: ROAR Nationals, IIC, Cactus Classic, Indoor Champs, Reedy Race and Trackside Hobbies in Brookfield, WI!
RC Scoring Pro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2006, 01:08 AM   #109
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Perhaps the race organizers should change the date to a month such as April where there are no other big carpet races here in the states. 2 weeks after the IIC is just too early in my opinion.
Old 09-28-2006, 02:31 AM   #110
Suspended

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Too much negativity towards this race.

Way to go rctech regulars!! Thats just the right attitude we want the non-rc world to see.
403forbidden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2006, 12:23 PM   #111
Tech Initiate

Default Do we need flax jackets here?

We are committed to broadening the base for RC Racing. We believe that to do that RC's must be exposed. We will do it by dropping it in front of as many people as we can. Races that are out in isolated locations or located in not so well exposed locations we feel are not the growth criteria that will expand the RC base. Simply put we are after the Perfect RC Storm which must meet all three criteria prongs:

1. Large number of Pro and Sportsman Drivers Participating.
2. Cash Payouts of $25,000 of more..Rising to 6 figures.
3. LOCATION LOCATION LOCATION. Race held where thousands get to see the race " Heads On Races" and get to try a RC Car. Talk to the Pros and see that the industry is growing and has a bright future.

If you disagree I understand but let us invest our money and our sponsor’s money into a business model that has worked in the past. We will win or lose at this RC venture with that business model and the biggest winner would be RC's.

To answer a few posted questions. How we reward the people who supported us in the postponed event is a business matter that is our business and the sponsors who put the money up. If you paid and didn't get your $500 or your entry fee please post it here and we will correct that oversight immediately.

We are looking at dates for Carpet but the window of opportunity seems too small and to be honest Nitro is a better way to excite people that are walking into RC's for the first time. However, we are entertaining a possible under a tent carpet event. Remember Location Location Location...we need Heads on Races to succeed. Hotels and convention centers still present the problem of having to drag people in.

These Guys will sponsor any and all events that meet the Criteria. Got one Jimbo?

Ginsu, Not making sense to whom? Business 101 “Give them more then you promised”

As far as the timing we were told by a race promoter that this was the best time. Our mistake - we trusted him. We will do better with Nitro. Have the same team back any they KNOW NITRO.

Patriick, the money comes from the US MINT. LOL I will say this it comes from out of INDUSTRY sponsors as we believe that is what is necessary for guys like MR BLACKSTOCK to eventually win a race and collect a 5 figure check. It will happen if RC's grow in that direction. However, the industry manufactures and vendors will grow the most so we are looking for their support also.

We would love any help you in the RC world have to give. Support the effort, and if it is a bust you all can say you told us so. We want a great race with great drivers and interaction between the drivers and the spectators. Thanks and these are our opinions.
TECH CONTROL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2006, 01:08 PM   #112
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default No Malice

As far as making sense, I simply meant that as a sponsor, the intent was to have my product(s) seen by as many people as possible. Now with the race cancelled due to poor registration, no one will see thier products. That is exactly what I meant. If I had sponsored the race, I would have insisted my money be refunded or as you stated, added to the next race purse. Additionaly, when you were doing your research for this race who exactly did you ask? I have read numerous posts that stated many people were asked but where? who? I can not comment on the situation with Ken Holmes, but you must admit that was strange. There has just been an unfortunate series of events leading to this. This hobby is difficult to classify as it changes from month to month. RC car racing in general is a participation hobby and holds non rc interest for 25 minutes or less. The key here is participation, which will always way heavy in the attempt to break rc out in front of a mass audience. I am not saying it can not be done, I am just saying those that try have thier work cut out for them.......Scheduling a major race right after Vegas and before the Birds was definately a huge oversight. Maybe you can get new advisors..........but I do wish you well. Heck, holding a video game expo and event would definately make more cent$ and appeal to a much broader audience........
Ginsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2006, 02:39 PM   #113
Tech Initiate

Default Ok What Date?

We did get new advisers....Ok what date for the re-scheduled Carpets?

Companies invest in short term or long term advertising goals. We are happy to say the ones we have are in for the long ride. They expect dividends down the road when RC's grow and they can stay on the bandwagon for far less cash then those jumping on after success happens to the Sport. To lay out 6 figures now to save 7 later is good business. Now if we can get the RC world to get on board there is no stopping it. I told them you would and still believe you will. But I have been wrong before so time will tell. Video Games forget about it. As a matter a fact we are looking to model RC's after the Successful Video Venture..MLG Pro those guys did it why not RC's. We are trying. Thanks for the input.
TECH CONTROL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2006, 03:03 PM   #114
Tech Fanatic

Post your nitro off-road race on www.Neobuggy.net

world wide known nitro off-road website.
Old 09-28-2006, 03:53 PM   #115
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket42
you guys are lame, i sure hope the off road crowd treats this guy much better, all he wanted to do was hold a race in disney land and give away more cash than anyone else ever has. in an attempt to showcase r/c to hundreds of thousands of people who don't even know it exists. all he asked was for some people to show up pay an average large race fee and help promote r/c to the masses, and all you guys do is cry about who is gonna be there and act like he is lying about giving back the $500.

more people buy r/c/ cars from radio shack and toys r us, than all the hobby shops put together why. because they have no idea that you can purchase a r/c that will go 40mph and have the ability to tune it to a track or yourself.

why not promote r/c, this single race would have promoted r/c to more people than the snowbirds. more people racing means more technology at less costs, and pro r/c racers being able to make a good living at racing. it really is sad to see how you on road guys have treated this.
amen. this guy has tried to GIVE AWAY money to people that deserve it and all folks have done is bitch! were this race any closer to me and my schedule more condusive, i'd have been first in line... i don't know about all you mofo's, but i am tired of racing behind strip malls. in rundown buildings and in back lots.. this guy has tried to expose us to the prime time and and people just shot it down for what amounted to absolutely the most rediculous of excuses... gimme a break. im my dreams there would be an rc park smack dab in the center of disneys wide world of sports!! this gentleman has the best shot of anybody of making that happen...

Turns out not where, but who your with that really matters... DMB
tallyrc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2006, 06:00 PM   #116
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Hmmm....outdoor carpet under a tent? Hoperfully in a really dry climate or the plywood will warp and you guys will hold an off road event and a carpet event all in one.
Old 09-28-2006, 06:05 PM   #117
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

This unfortunate situation is not really anyone's fault. The IIC had 550 entries locked up by April. That's most of the audience this race was shooting for. 95% of these people couldn't dedicate another $1000+ to race about 2-3 weeks after the IIC event. Compounding this was the first mention of the race I saw was in June or July. Again, this was the first attempt at making this happen, and it would be hard to be aware of all this stuff if you're not racing big events regularly.

April would be your best bet as the ROAR nationals are almost always near the beginning or middle of March. That's usually the end of carpet racing. The Reedy is in May.

As far as advisors, I'd just ask the major manufacturers when they think a race would work. After all, they send their teams to all of the races

"Failior [sic] crowns enterprise." Robert Goddard

I-Lap Scoring Systems http://www.rclapcounter.com/
robk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2006, 06:42 PM   #118
Tech Master

so when you try and hold your next race....

can we expect you to cancle the race a month before it's going to happen due to low attendance again? what about racers who bought plane tickets early? took time off from work to attend?

do we realy know if you will pull the rug out from under our feet in the future?

this is not a softball game where you forfeit the game if you have less than 7 players on your team.

again i like the idea and i love money...but florida is worn out with big races.... do some more homeowrk and find a date and place that is orginal...than they will come! like i said money is not a huge motivator in the r/c world right now. the pro's get paid now to race...the non pro's can't beat the pro's so they won't win any money....keep the costs down and the fun level way up.... peace bill
UCHEATULOSE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2006, 07:36 PM   #119
Tech Initiate

Any event that has a big tunout has been around for a few years and builds up the number of enteries overtime, it takes time to get the word out and the only place I have seen anything on this race was on this website... Not everyone reads these web boards... No magazine advertisements like most of the big races do to draw the drivers. what kind of turnout did they expect. As far as April, Florida has the Losi race...
Rainman40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2006, 07:36 PM   #120
Tech Initiate

Any event that has a big turnout has been around for a few years and builds up the number of enteries overtime, it takes time to get the word out and the only place I have seen anything on this race was on this website... Not everyone reads these web boards... No magazine advertisements like most of the big races do to draw the drivers. what kind of turnout did they expect. As far as April, Florida has the Losi race...
Rainman40 is offline   Reply With Quote