R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 09-17-2006, 08:27 PM   #91
Tech Master

so i see 35 paid entries? 20 in mod and 15 sportsman?
UCHEATULOSE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2006, 08:33 PM   #92
Tech Initiate

Out of curiosity, are you charging spectators admission?
Rainman40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2006, 12:20 PM   #93
Tech Initiate

Default Different Paths

UCHEATULOSE:

The posting is up on the page for entries. I do apologize for not following the proper RC race entry etiquette. We will do better with the next EVENT. As far as buzz in Florida I can see why that may be. We had to choose RC experts from all over the country to run the event so locals had to get their info from the boards. Two magazines had a problem with our ad for Aug so we will be in only one in Sept. We had a agreement with Scarecrow (Kenny) but we had to release him as he was being attacked for working with us. So we had a bumpy start. Be that as it may we are working hard to ADVANCE the Sport. We immediately went out to find race directors and announcers of a solid RC background. We did.

As for the vast majority of RC Racers not racing for MONEY we agree however that is because no one gives out money from the money they make from the events. We want to change that. If you feel that is a bad thing I accept that. But the Sport can grow and in the direction of drivers making a living at it. But only if the rest of the world catches on to how great the sport is.
Now for the fork in the road. One side is the path that has been going on for years. Great races, great locations, large RC DRIVER attendance and INDUSTRY Sponsors only. You have named 3, there are many others for sure. Now the second path uses all that are on the first path with a few critical additions. First LOCATION is the most critical. You MUST put it in a place where a constant flow of Spectators are exposed to the races. The advantage to here (Orlando) is that those spectators are from all over the country and the world. And the viewers would change daily as does the park attendance does. So when they see good races and the drivers passions for the sports they take it home and buy the RTR that start them down the RC path to competitive racing. More drivers means more sales and growth. The second critical addition is: the potential for Bud, Nike, Pepsi, etc etc to get behind it as growth occurs. That spurs more growth and TV and all of a sudden we have 100K races and drivers get sponsorships for Sunglasses and all the rest that the Boarders now have. The most critical component for this to happen is NEW BLOOD. We believe that the best way to make that happen is to expose it. Sometimes, as you touched upon, I think that the great RC Sport goes out of it’s way to put the Sports BRIGHT Passion Flame under a basket almost hiding it from the public in non family accessible locations. We suggest that the races are held in the open right next to where thousands will see it. Do you belive that the two are non compatible? We don’t.

You stated:
“racing r/c cars is not about disney world and 400,000 homes...
racing isn't about 25,000 in cash prizes either”

I don’t know how to deal with 400,000 homes. That refers to what? If 2,000 attendees come from Disney and see a RC race I would say the future of RC is being well served by Disney getting them there. Don’t you? Imagine a Race for 100k in middle of a Park… how many Kids get turned on? As for cash if you don’t want to compete for money so be it but if you want to see RC become the next big thing ie: skateboarding, BMX, snowboarding then money will be involved. It starts with 25K and goes up from there.

You state:
scotty,bill and boylan get crowds of r/c racers because they found concept and location that works for them.every year scotty,bill and boylan tweak what they got to make it better.rolling into town with a fat wallet and attending a few r/c events isn't enough. scotty,bill abd boylan have been r/c racers for 20 years..and believe me if asked all three of them would tell you every year they learn something new.

Ouch! So the guys that we have running the RC side of the Event ( Jimmy, Brandon and Doug ) are what? Unknown to RC’s? Not Qualified? Novices? Have to take issue with your unwritten assumptions. The real question should be who left town with the money? We propose the drivers leave with a chunk.

Finally, with out getting into a Pi….. Contest lets leave it this way. We want to see a series of races that do both. Great race, great racers and great location for all drivers to have the time they like to have run by top shelf RC people. We also wish to give them a share of what was collected and more when possible. But the most important thing we MUST do is spread the RC GOSPEL…FUN, PASSION and EXCITEMENT to all the new HEADS ON THE RACES.[COLOR=Red]
TECH CONTROL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2006, 05:02 PM   #94
Tech Rookie

I agree that exposure and all the things in regards to building the hobby/ sport are good things. It seems the frustrating part that many racers have is something not being addressed. A "big" race has become a "whos - who" of RC. People want the opportunity to race with the "big names." People dont want to spend $1,000.00 to go to a race and race with 15 guys to win $200.00. Maybe I'm wrong. I think the point of posting entrants is that if the "big names" are going to be there, others WANT to go. Factory teams will WANT to have a presence. Again, IIC & Snowbirds update paid entries weekly sometimes daily close to cut off dates. Im not trying to bash or hate, I think your idea is fantastic. Maybe some hint of open mindness would go a ways with racers. Best Of Luck!
racefan25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2006, 08:30 AM   #95
Tech Initiate

Default Posting of names.

Thanks for your reply and we are contacting the paid drivers about the releasing of their names again. Corally said they are sending a list but not here yet the rest all seem to be wishing to stay under the radar. Anyway we will post names upon release. The next race will be different as you all have a desire to know who's coming. We will have that posted on the entry form so we can let you all know who is coming sooner. Can we Post Your Name?
Old 09-26-2006, 09:20 PM   #96
Tech Initiate

Default WSD Carpet Postponed

FAST RC WORLDS regrets to announce that the Inaugural $25,000 Indoor Carpet World Series for Drivers that was Scheduled for Oct 11-14 is postponed to an as yet undetermined date. We felt with only 50 entries in the single biggest cash awards race in RC History the race would not advance the Sport and would actually deter from the thousands of first time viewers possibly catching the RC bug and helping to advance RC Racing. After consulting with our sponsors and weighing all the potential outcomes the decision was made to refund all the racers who have paid entree fees and postpone the race. We are now free to direct our attention to the fastest growing and most exciting segment of the RC racing scene today NITRO OFF ROAD!

The $25.000 Nitro Off Road race will be held here late winter early spring 2007 on a date to be announced. The classes under consideration are as follows:

Production Monster Truck –
1/10th Nitro Truck –
Stadium Truck (Truggy) –
Expert Stadium Truck (Truggy) –
1/8th Scale Buggy –
Expert 1/8th Scale Buggy –

For complete details go to www.fastrcworlds.com

Finally, we would like to thank the many, many positive people who have supported our efforts especially the magazine editors of this great Sport. They seem to understand what it will take for the Sport to take the next step up to wider acceptance and growth. In closing we talked with our various sponsors as what to do with the prize money of this postponed event. It came down to two choices double the next races giveaways’ or reward those who wanted to come. We all decided to reward those who supported us. So we are issuing $500 dollar checks to all the drivers who entered and paid their fees to attend the postponed event. Thank you
Old 09-26-2006, 09:24 PM   #97
Tech Master

RCThunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2006, 10:13 PM   #98
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Can somebody that entered post that they got a check for $500.

This just seems to good to be true... And you know what they say about that.

But just maybe this is the break this sport needs. Now all these people need to do is run a race.
Old 09-27-2006, 12:20 AM   #99
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

and question is, where does the money come from ? and the joy of sending out 500$ checks to guy who dont attend anyways...
Patriiick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2006, 07:35 AM   #100
Super Moderator

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 182 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DustinR
Can somebody that entered post that they got a check for $500.

This just seems to good to be true... And you know what they say about that.

But just maybe this is the break this sport needs. Now all these people need to do is run a race.
damm I should've entered
Marcos.J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2006, 07:35 AM   #101
Super Moderator

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 182 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriiick
and question is, where does the money come from ? and the joy of sending out 500$ checks to guy who dont attend anyways...
I wonder just who entered
Marcos.J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2006, 09:01 PM   #102
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default Please don't be so naive

I think that is just what they want you to say, and others as well. They are making sure that people enter next time hoping they get a $500 check.....this makes no sense at all.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcos.J
damm I should've entered
They may very well be paying $500 but this does not make any sense and if I was a sponsor I would be very upset. I do wish them well however.
Ginsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2006, 09:02 PM   #103
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default ?

The next logical course of action would be to have some people post on here that they received a check................................why do I feel I am buying a used car?
Ginsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2006, 09:08 PM   #104
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Big shocker this announcement
Old 09-27-2006, 09:17 PM   #105
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Yeah, i knew this thing was never going to happen from the moment I saw it on here.