R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 06-21-2006, 07:47 PM   #16
Tech Initiate

Just a quick up date on that Fast Race...They are looking for at about 200 drivers and as it stands now that would mean at least 75 or so drivers could cash in. Top money looking like $2000 for each winner. All the top times in each qualifier (4) would get $250 that means 16 ways to win plus all drivers in the A's get money that's 40...plus all winners in the other sportsman mains, so the odds are good, better than 4 to 1, of getting a payday. Also the gift package of nearly $100 value upon entry will keep it competitive pricewise.

Finally, the Staff at Fast RC Worlds are not RC experts but are committed to hire experts so that this race offers DRIVERS a true Driver oriented race. Many other new give aways and promotions will be happening. Fast RC Worlds will plan, promote and organize this World Series For Drivers. RC experts will run it. So that drivers, like you, get what you deserve.

If you have any ideas on to make this a great event post them on the RC Worlds site or here. They are listening and watching the boards.
TECH CONTROL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2006, 08:00 PM   #17
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TECH CONTROL
Just a quick up date on that Fast Race...They are looking for at about 200 drivers and as it stands now that would mean at least 75 or so drivers could cash in. Top money looking like $2000 for each winner. All the top times in each qualifier (4) would get $250 that means 16 ways to win plus all drivers in the A's get money that's 40...plus all winners in the other sportsman mains, so the odds are good, better than 4 to 1, of getting a payday. Also the gift package of nearly $100 value upon entry will keep it competitive pricewise.
Dang that sounds hella complicated to figure out ....I have a hard enough time figureing out Texas Hold'm ...I guess that's why I just roll with Red number 5 and it's corners.
HarshGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2006, 10:23 PM   #18
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

I talked to Brandon Rohde tonight and the wheels are spinning in high gear lots of phone calls and e-mails getting things in order. Once the teams are back from worlds and some sponsor details are hashed out things will be in order very quickly. Definently going to be a interesting race to attend. Watch the website it will probably be updated daily.
schmelme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2006, 08:55 PM   #19
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

copied and pasted from fastworlds

To the RC Community:

We are posting this so as to clear up a few misguided postings in the community concerning our event “THE FAST RC WORLD SERIES FOR DRIVERS”. First and foremost we are not in league, partnership or business with Mr. Kenny “SCARECROW” Holmes. Some 8 to 10 weeks ago we sought him out to announce and direct an event that we have been planning for over 18 months. Our group has been to 4 National Events and 2 Snowbirds as well as 15 other RC locations around the US. Our group have surveyed thousands of hobby shop owners, track owners, race directors and most important the everyday RC driver, asking always the same questions. What do you like about this event? What do you want to see changed? And finally how would you make it better. What we found excited us and helped us to convince various backers to support the World Series. It was PASSION! The answers to the questions helped us design what was requested by the Drivers. They wanted a race to help them grown in the sport by giving them an opportunity to get sponsorship help. We decided to do all we can to help that happen and make this sport grow to the next level. After all, where were skateboarding, BMX, and snowboarding 20 years ago, 15 years ago even 10 years ago. Can RC’s get there also? We believe it can but changes have to be made. First and foremost drivers have got to be able to make a living at it, second people other then other drivers have to attend the races and finally Major Sponsor outside of this great sport have to back it with dollars. We feel that we are at that point now and are working on several events to make it happen. One day soon RC DRIVERS will be able to split up $100,000 Cash Purses. Right now Dart players split up $100,000 purse on at least 3 occasions yearly. What does dart throwing have over RC RACING?

We are a little bit saddened by not having “SCARECROW” do this Inaugural Event. But pressures of an unfair, unfounded and vicious nature forces us to honor his wishes to be released so as he will not have to endure the slanderous attacks on his stellar RC character. Good luck, Kenny!

Finally, if you need to know information concerning the WORLD SERIES FOR DRIVERS feel free to ask on the board or via email. Over the week we will be announcing most of the rules, regulations, announcers, directors and many of the special added value packages DRIVERS will be receiving. It will total right around the $100 mark. Finally we have received over 200 inquiries concerning OVAL RACING all we can say is this Your Day is coming very soon and we will make every effort to sweeten the pot even more. Good Luck and Good Racing.

THE STAFF AT FAST RC WORLDS
And
Judith Ann Mitchell
huskerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2006, 09:45 PM   #20
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

well that was ambiguous... i know what all those other sports have over rc racing.... tv coverage.... and not by some whacky 40-something former mag editor either.... real races on real tv with real coverage not by some talking heads and i'd watch....

Turns out not where, but who your with that really matters... DMB
tallyrc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2006, 11:46 PM   #21
Tech Addict

Send a message via MSN to RussB

click on the accomodations link and i think you'll see what this is about. it looks like they've hosted competitions of other types in the past.

to me it looks more like a resort marketing plan than an rc race.
RussB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2006, 12:02 AM   #22
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by huskerfreak
What does dart throwing have over RC RACING?
1) low cost
2) long history as a past time
3) recognisable by everybody
4) played almost world wide
5) is associated with positive pasttimes, ie drinking, chatting etc
6) deceptively simple to play, allows people to participate at any time therfore a large amount of people have at least, at some point experienced it.

don't you hate it when someone tries to make money from you and outright lies to you, by using hyperbole to describe what they want to acheive for the singular benefit of only YOU and ME
TomB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2006, 09:55 AM   #23
Tech Addict

Don't get me wrong guys sounds like a great idea but I am not sure how this will work overall....I can't imagine how ****ed someone will be if they get t-boned or wrecked in thier main and of course the kind words traded after lol
bill941 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2006, 10:25 AM   #24
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

You know they are reading all this!

The problem with this is it sounds to good! Wouldnt it have been better to start out a little smaller then grow! If this is legit its a little to much for us racers. Your making it sound to much Disnyish!
Old 06-24-2006, 11:01 AM   #25
JKA
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

People complain that RC isn't more popular or mainstream and that it rarely ever gets TV coverage. Yet when someone tries to make things bigger, bring in outsode sponsors, pay a cash purse, then everyone complains that they are taking our money, and its too good to be true. RC racers are a fickle bunch... and THAT is why it will never reach the level of profesionalism needed to be accepted mainstream.

Everyone should just let this race take its course, and quit complaining. Doug Hay and Brandon Rohde understand the behind the scenes of Big RC racing. Their involvement shows that the organizers intend for this to be a good race.
JKA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2006, 11:35 AM   #26
Tech Addict

I am not complaining about money or the race simply put people are people and r/c racers tend fight over a ribbon or whatever you add money to it and god helps us all
Old 06-24-2006, 12:34 PM   #27
Tech Initiate

Default Average racers thoughts

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE STAFF AT FAST RC WORLDS And Judith Ann Mitchell
we have been planning for over 18 months.
My 2 cents about this race, as a racer.

With all of this planning why would they make the flawed decision to put it so close to one of the biggest races of the year (Vegas race)?

They are looking for the racers to add this to their schedule along with the International Indoor Championships Sept. 19 thru 24,2006 http://www.intchamps.com/ and US Indoor Champs Nov.22 to the 26 2006 http://www.indoorchamps.com/ . That is 3 big time races in 3 months. That is asking alot of racers to come up with that kind of $ plus time off work.

Wouldnt you think that the "World Series for Drivers" be either a Series or a Big race at the end of the racing season?

If they were offering sponsorships to the sportsman drivers wouldnt you think there would be companies inside the industry sponsoring the event already after 18 months of planning?
I know one of the team managers didnt find out about this until June 5th through an email asking him to register for the race before it fills up.

These are not complaints about this race but just observations. If they can make this work, More power to them.

I, as an average Joe racer with average money for racing, will choose to go to an established race with people in place that know how to put on a major event.

2006 indoor champs, 2007 Novak and 2007 IIC here i come.

No need to flame me if you disagree this is just my 2 cents.

Hugh
ObiWan Kablowme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2006, 02:27 PM   #28
Tech Addict

You make some valid points I didn't look at when the race was going on till you said that..I think alot of people are commited to either cleveland or vegas or both for those who have the extra dough to do that.I personally I would like to check this out in person before actually racing in it to see how it all works or doesn't or whatever.
Old 06-24-2006, 02:51 PM   #29
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

carp I went to the novak, snowbirds, roar carpet, hurricane, vegas, halloween, and cleveland races in the last 12 months. skipped roar pavement and reedy. wish I had time to go to this race but i'm out of vacation days. adding the summer sizzler to this year boss just don't know it yet. wish them best of luck i'll wait till next year with an unknown.
RC50 As you come into this world, something else is also born. You begin your life, and it begins a journey towards you. It moves slowly, but it never stops. Wherever you go, whatever path you take, it will follow — never faster, never slower, always coming. You will run, it will walk. You will rest, it will not. One day, you will linger in the same place too long — you will sit too still, or sleep too deep. And when, too late, you rise to go, you will notice a second shadow next to yours. Your life will then be over.
nashrcracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2006, 03:03 PM   #30
Tech Addict

wow that's alot of races bud!!!!better take some time off to do some work lol