R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric On-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road-2/)
-   -   New X10P4 Touring Car From MLP (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road/116488-new-x10p4-touring-car-mlp.html)

Marty Peterson 06-03-2006 04:53 PM

New X10P4 Touring Car From MLP

Well here we will Give you a look at our prototype Touring car.
Well here is the MLP X10P4 Touring car!!! Peak at it

We are making a new motor-spur mount but here is the prototype!

Marcos.J 06-03-2006 05:07 PM

Originally Posted by Marty Peterson
Well here we will Give you a look at our prototype Touring car.
Well here is the MLP X10P4 Touring car!!! Peek at it

We are making a new motor-spur mount but here is the prototype!

looks nice , does it have a few hpi parts in it? some look very familiar like the battery strap and the in-toe blocks.

how about your F-1's ?

Funkymojo 06-03-2006 05:09 PM

Nice ride but isnt that based on the OVA T4/L2? Looks exactly like the OVA T4/L2 after looking at the car on your website...i've had the OVA T4/L2, it's a great car but seems like the company is out of business...looks like TOP bought over the company and TOP has got a new car..it's the Scythe

ixlr8nz 06-03-2006 05:11 PM

What makes it any different from an xray t2, Tamiya, or Hot Bodies or most other belt drive cars?

Mike

Marty Peterson 06-03-2006 05:15 PM

Originally Posted by Marcos.J
looks nice , does it have a few hpi parts in it? some look very familiar like the battery strap and the in-toe blocks.

how about your F-1's ?

It has an OVA motor mount but we will change this it has suspension of the PRO 4 and the Chassis plate I cut out of 2mm carbon fiber.

The F1's and Buggy are on the website.

Marty Peterson 06-03-2006 05:18 PM

[QUOTE=Funkymojo]Nice ride but isnt that based on the OVA T4/L2? Looks exactly like the OVA T4/L2 after looking at the car on your website...i've had the OVA T4/L2, it's a great car but seems like the company is out of business...looks like TOP bought over the company and TOP has got a new car..it's the Scythe

Yes it started out as a T4/L2 the picture on the web was the T4/L2 but we have changed most of the car and yes I have the Scythe
as well great car and OVA took parts from Tamiya and Yokomo and even AE.

So we will see if what I have made along with a new motormount and spur holder to move it forward a little!

Marty Peterson 06-03-2006 05:24 PM

Originally Posted by ixlr8nz
What makes it any different from an xray t2, Tamiya, or Hot Bodies or most other belt drive cars?

Mike

First let me say here at MLP we give you a car right out of the box that you can win with. There will not be any Bling factor parts at MLP.
The car will come with all of the best parts we will not have any or many hopup parts I for one feel you should get it all on the car when you buy it.

MLP is not like any other R/C car Manufacturer out there Today.
We look at our R/C Cars as the real Full Size Racing Manufacturer's do.

Like Dallara Panoz and so on.

At MLP you will have 24/7 factory support and you will talk to a real person!

It is a 190mm Touring Sedan :rolleyes: That you know.

Well I have tested all of the Top touring cars out there. Yes I own one of each! :mad:

Anyway I took what I felt was the best of each car.
So I will start with the Chassis the best Chassis I felt was the OVA T4/L2 I changed it a little this gave us the best Chassis all around for onroad out door and in door carpet.
For anyone that ever had a chance to run the the OVA T4/L2 or OVA Neo
The car for the day had a ton of steering it was fast but it never made the trip over seas to find its way here in the US.
I did get one about 2 years ago and loved it and kicked the crap out of all the other cars out there.
I did not like the Plastic suspension parts So we went on to build the car and set it up with all the suspension parts off the top Touring cars on the market as well as some that had come and gone.
I found the top 3 were the HPI PRO4 , Top Scythe (from Japan reworked OVA) and the Xray Fk05 worked the best for this car.
The Fk05 and our Chassis worked better than the FK05 on carpet and the Pro 4 Suspension worked better all the way around and the Top Scythe had almost the same susension Design we had come up with.
Now we had the Suspension Design we wanted Down.
Next would be the Location and type of motor mount We did the same here and found that the OVA Motor Mount worked the best and would give us a better chance to change The Chassis Layouts Now we had this done and would make a part almost the same!
Next we tested shocks and the steering as well and found what worked best for use and this car.

Now at this point the car was sent out to have the lower arms molded and made for MLP and the Prototype was tesed and everyone liked it!
so at this time we felt we did what we set out to do.

So Now we had a complete car and it will be going out to Cali to our Factory driver there to do some more R&D work and to see if he can win with this car.
so if we can give him a car that betters his finishing mark. in a open field of all the top touring cars on the market.
Then I know for sure we will have a car that can run out front I do feel we have did this I have won with it. and I feel anyone could!

New pictures of the car will follow later this week!

So pre-book your MLP Touring car now! these will be made pre-order on

Have you run our F1 cars ?

Funkymojo 06-03-2006 05:45 PM

Yes it started out as a T4/L2 the picture on the web was the T4/L2 but we have changed most of the car and yes I have the Scythe
as well great car and OVA took parts from Tamiya and Yokomo and even AE.

So we will see if what I have made along with a new motormount and spur holder to move it forward a little!

Ohh ok...anyway it looks awesome...the OVA cars are great and if your car is based on the T4/L2..i'm sure it's gonna be one hell of a great ride...Your F1 cars look awesome... :nod:

Marty Peterson 06-03-2006 05:56 PM

Thanks! And in testing it is a great car. But we will see how it holds up to the big boys out in cali!

Marty Peterson 06-03-2006 09:37 PM

:lol: :nod: :sneaky: :tire:

Marty Peterson 06-05-2006 04:45 PM

Any Question email me or call!

nomaak 06-05-2006 04:52 PM

Question:

Is it too early to send in a resume'? Or do you have enough drivers? :lol: :lol:

RandyB 06-05-2006 05:35 PM

how about some more close ups of the car from differnt angles etc.

RandyB 06-05-2006 05:40 PM

you should move the motor in front of the spurgear so you could run saddle packs :nod: then move servo to the right side of the car. then you could wheel :tire: that!!

Marty Peterson 06-05-2006 05:40 PM

CNC Mill running right now Check back in about an hour ok!

Marty Peterson 06-05-2006 05:44 PM

Originally Posted by nomaak
Is it too early to send in a resume'? Or do you have enough drivers? :lol: :lol:

Get a copy off the website under setup fill it out and send it to me!

Marty Peterson 06-05-2006 05:48 PM

Originally Posted by RandyB
you should move the motor in front of the spurgear so you could run saddle packs :nod: then move servo to the right side of the car. then you could wheel :tire: that!!

we have looked at that sa well! :nod:

Mark G 06-05-2006 06:10 PM

WOW Marty your cars look great! Might need to try one if I see you at IRP or trackside. Keep up the good work :)

Marty Peterson 06-05-2006 06:39 PM

Originally Posted by Mark G
WOW Marty your cars look great! Might need to try one if I see you at IRP or trackside. Keep up the good work :)

Mark G Thanks I did try to get out with the prototype (photo above) last weekend but orders just keep me way to busy. The prototype left for Cali Today and I am almost done with First Production Car Now still need to make the new Chassis but Carbon fiber will not be in till monday next week but I will post Pictures of it with the Prototype Chassis later tonight.

And If I ever get cought up with the F201SCFPRO orders and The New 2WD F206F1 orders I may make it up there or out to IRP.

See you there :nod:

Axiom Some of the best motors this company has ever run!!!!!!!

Dirt-Racer 06-05-2006 07:01 PM

A little off topic but im curious as to what platform is the 4wd buggy on?. Im taking a real interest on the F1 chasis, sweet :nod:

Marty Peterson 06-05-2006 07:08 PM

I would say it is a mix of cars kinda like our F1 car then mix in the PREDATOR X10 and our touring car! So I would say suspension like our F1 car just the layout then the looks of the coolest looking Buggy PREDATOR X10 and the drive system of our touring car and one in a shaft drive. and after testing The 2 of them next Month or there after I will post pics as well.

And the one we will produce

Ben.C 06-05-2006 07:41 PM

Hmm....Nice...

Particularly the F1... :nod:

Marty Peterson 06-05-2006 07:51 PM

Originally Posted by Ben.C
Hmm....Nice...

Particularly the F1... :nod:

Thank you! :)

Dirt-Racer 06-05-2006 08:14 PM

I would say it is a mix of cars kinda like our F1 car then mix in the PREDATOR X10 and our touring car! So I would say suspension like our F1 car just the layout then the looks of the coolest looking Buggy PREDATOR X10 and the drive system of our touring car and one in a shaft drive. and after testing The 2 of them next Month or there after I will post pics as well.

And the one we will produce

Ohh ok, so you mean to say it isnt the car next to the pic of the touring car you have up top? I thought it was going to be based on the xx4 for a sec, guess you guys have a different car altogether then?

Marty Peterson 06-05-2006 08:19 PM

Originally Posted by Dirt-Racer
Ohh ok, so you mean to say it isnt the car next to the pic of the touring car you have up top? I thought it was going to be based on the xx4 for a sec, guess you guys have a different car altogether then?

No that is a body under it is part of the Chassis see when the XXX4 first came out years ago I took a HPI Rs4 Pro or Pro 2 I think it was and took all the Losi suspension parts and put them on my Chassis and out of the 2 cars I made the first HPI PRO 4X4 Dirt Buggy but I think that was back in like 93 or 95 or something like that This is a all New Car! I have been working on for years on paper.

Marty Peterson 06-05-2006 08:23 PM

here is a pic of the front end just came off the mill. working on the rear now so come back in an hour.

Dirt-Racer 06-05-2006 08:45 PM

Forgive me but im a little confused but do you mean your going to make a belt car whilst another will be built using shaft drive?

Not being cheeky or anything but as TC is so popular with many new cars always coming out, would'nt it have been better to come out with the buggy as this form of racing is on the up again? :D

Marty Peterson 06-05-2006 09:17 PM

We are making a 4X4 Dirt buggy one in shaft and one in belt and the one that works out the best will go into production or maybe both but I have been working on a touring car for a year and No I feel it is the best time to come out with a New touring car! the best of what is out there today Well we have never seen before so many top of the line cars. If our car can win over the cars out today then we are telling to world Hey Look at us.!!!!

See they will not come to my back yard to play (F1) so we will go to theres(touring car)!
As for companies making more and more cars yes I think it is crazy to have a New car every year. But it is all about the bottom line to most of them.

See we buy it because of the name or because It won the worlds!!! H#@$l you could come out with a trash can on wheels if it wins and you have the NAME behind it people will run out and buy them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So I will make F1 Cars Touring Cars Dirt 4X4 Buggies and maybe more. I am the only one here doing it all so bottom line will not mean much to me and as for the cars we make well I have raced for over 20 years and I put all of that into making cars one at a time. Kinda like Ferrari hand made (cnc Machining) LOL one car at a time!!!!! not some plastic production run.
Plus have you ever got a car that was missing something or damaged good luck with the big boy's out there here we deal with you one on one like you were my only customer. that is what we offer. we are out to sell racing cars!!

It is my name running around on that track as well as your pride!

Dirt-Racer 06-05-2006 09:38 PM

We are making a 4X4 Dirt buggy one in shaft and one in belt and the one that works out the best will go into production or maybe both but I have been working on a touring car for a year and No I feel it is the best time to come out with a New touring car! the best of what is out there today Well we have never seen before so many top of the line cars. If our car can win over the cars out today then we are telling to world Hey Look at us.!!!!

See they will not come to my back yard to play (F1) so we will go to theres(touring car)!
As for companies making more and more cars yes I think it is crazy to have a New car every year. But it is all about the bottom line to most of them.

See we buy it because of the name or because It won the worlds!!! H#@$l you could come out with a trash can on wheels if it wins and you have the NAME behind it people will run out and buy them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So I will make F1 Cars Touring Cars Dirt 4X4 Buggies and maybe more. I am the only one here doing it all so bottom line will not mean much to me and as for the cars we make well I have raced for over 20 years and I put all of that into making cars one at a time. Kinda like Ferrari hand made (cnc Machining) LOL one car at a time!!!!! not some plastic production run.
Plus have you ever got a car that was missing something or damaged good luck with the big boy's out there here we deal with you one on one like you were my only customer. that is what we offer. we are out to sell racing cars!!

Holy shiets, im lost for words, lol. I wish you luck in your endevour and will keep a close eye on your thread and progress. I look forward when you get further developments on your buggy. Im glad another has stepped into the realms of buggy car let alone the 4wd arena, i see better times ahead :nod: . GL dude!! :)

Marty Peterson 06-05-2006 09:50 PM

Thanks Like I said along time ago MLP is here to stay! ;)

Were just going to go about it in a whole nother way!

Funkymojo 06-05-2006 10:16 PM

Well said Marty...it all boils down to having a good design...a good designed car will surely be able to perform..there is no doubt the big boys have got good designed cars...and they keep winning races cos they can afford to get the best drivers in the world to pilot their cars...a good car in the right hands is capable of winning races..JConcepts, XFactory..they are small companies with good designed cars..they got some great guys to race their cars and look at the results...as long as you have good designed cars and good customer support...you'll have my support!! :D

Marty Peterson 06-05-2006 10:23 PM

Thanks that is all we are looking for.

I for one can not wait to see how this car works out in cali!

nf_ekt 06-05-2006 10:28 PM

Looks like a real "works" car, man- the pics look pretty good. I like it.

Was wondering about the 190mm shell (as seen on the website), I'd like to give one a try.

Marty Peterson 06-05-2006 10:33 PM

VW shell is not done yet but the molds are going right now! so we will see how long it takes. ~~

loopedeloop 06-05-2006 11:41 PM

First let me say here at MLP we give you a car right out of the box that you can win with. There will not be any Bling factor parts at MLP.
The car will come with all of the best parts we will not have any or many hopup parts I for one feel you should get it all on the car when you buy it.

Wow , finally a company that doesnt use it's customers as guinea pigs! :eek:

It will make an awesome change to buy a chassis with NO hopups required.
Almost unheard of :D

Best of luck to you!

Marty Peterson 06-05-2006 11:49 PM

Thank you.

Marty Peterson 06-06-2006 12:30 AM

Ok All parts are done and here it is for Now Pre-Orders Welcome!

Marty Peterson 06-06-2006 12:36 AM

one more time!

Goodnight or Good day what ever it might be for you!

Thank you for checking it out!

gijoe64 06-06-2006 10:53 AM

Marty, what about swaybars and spring sets? Will you have your own or will you recomend someone else's equipment?

Also what about parts support? I live in central Il, Champaign area and the racing sucks here but I will be racing at IRP. How often do you race localy?

Marty Peterson 06-06-2006 12:14 PM

Originally Posted by gijoe64
Marty, what about swaybars and spring sets? Will you have your own or will you recomend someone else's equipment?

Also what about parts support? I live in central Il, Champaign area and the racing sucks here but I will be racing at IRP. How often do you race localy?

Spring you can use HPI Tamiya and so on I did look into springs but to spend 6000.00 for spring just didn't set to good with me down the road if I can find someone to make them then we will but for now I am running Yokomo and HPI and Tamiya all 3 fit the Shock good.

Swaybars are done!

Cool but I have not raced to much this year just a few guy's on a 1/8 scale track and testing is all I get to do any more with this car the 3 F1 cars and the up and coming dirt Buggy I am way to busy.

I am going to get out for one day at IRP and a Day at Trackside and maybe a few others and take one of each of our Cars so keep an eye on the website or just call or email me I will post a date when I have one ok.

Car will come with Ing Racing Wheels and tires!