R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric On-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road-2/)
-   -   New X10P4 Touring Car From MLP (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road/116488-new-x10p4-touring-car-mlp.html)

d4_racer 03-18-2007 10:06 PM

great idea, the kid spends 200US and gets a POS and your saying spend even MORE money to make it better?

what a joke!

he was supposed to get a proper professional rc race car and it should arrive in good condition with no add on's needed.

Michael.H 03-18-2007 11:08 PM

Originally Posted by John Stranahan
"Is that your car and what you got? If so I just wanted to note some things...

If he sent you those tires they all look used.
Why are there two different rear body mounts on the rear? One looks foam the other plastic.
Not sure if it's the pics or the actual car but the top turnbuckles that adjust front camber look swept foward...very strange.
Does it have 3 types of ballcups? tamiya, ae, and hpi or something?
Is that a hole on the bottom/back near the tape slot? If so does it overlap the edge of the car?
On the front of the car what or those flare out or things he cut out in the chassis? You can see a hole like something was supposed to mount in there but they pretty much look useless! (the part under the steering turnbuckles)"

Response
I thought I would Respond to some of these very biased questions that are based on the attached photo that was posted earlier. And the post finishes did he use a hacksaw. Well maybe you could cut that battery strap (with logo) and battery cutouts with a hacksaw, but to me they look like CNC machine work.

My touring cars usually have several styles of ballcups. Usually different lengths and different weights to suit the job at hand.

Those funny ears on the front of the chassis look suspiciously like roll bar mounts. You can see the balls studs sticking out of the rear of the front arms.

That hole looks like a spot (maybe with a small hole) on magnifications. Maybe not. It is probably a place to mount the battery strap post when some batts are on the motor side.

That front turnbuckle is swept forward. Some of the Losi guys were actually doing this to try to change geometry. I assure you it has no effect and works as well as one going straight out. Might even resist the crash forces from the front slightly better.

The chassis advantage is being able to put part of your heavy battery load on the left side of the car to balance the car side to side on the scales. Slots are in the back to have a rear weight bias of a couple of ounces which is what I prefer unlike the other postage stamp sized picture I looked at in this thread. If you have not balanced the car it will probably handle poorly. The arms are medium long and the top deck is small. Both of these features would make the car suit asphalt better than carpet.

These questions show more a lack of knowlege of touring cars than defects. Now I have seen the defects written as well. Can't tell from the bad pics. Must have been some holes out of place. Not a bad looking car from the bad pick. You must have to have it in your hand and dissasemble it to see the defects. I bet it would be hard to win a $250 claim in small claims court. Better bring a trained expert. I know this is not a possibility. This does not excuse bad workmanship but just shows the obvious bias against Marty on this thread. If I was not happy I would send it back and ask for my money back. Maybe you have tried this already.

Ok so it had two hexes wrong. Write for the correct parts. This is not a crime against humanity that is worth mentioning in three posts. This is not a first for me. Having the wrong part in the kit box. A wobbly diff is not either. Dissasemble and reassemble it. If it still wobbles then find the errant part and write for a new one. This is not a first for me either on an Associated kit.

Now why is a "Team" driver participating in the destruction of the company. This does not make much sense. Yes that is what you guys are trying to do. You are not serving some noble RC service with all these insults. Heck I saw guys trying to do this to Novak on the Brushless thread. Fortunately the chief tech, Charlie, there is more resistant and the company more established. And your insults continue. How is this helpful.

John

:weird: What the hell, the mlp car jamie has is crap and i don't know why you are saying this shit. If he used a cnc then he must be shit at setting it up as most of the stuff doesn't line up.

ooliganRC 03-19-2007 02:50 AM

interesting thread.

several things.

1. ANger management is required here as nothing will ever get solved.

2. Why is a 14/15 year old buying a MLP when surely a pure tc kit is better for this age of competitor.

3. DOnt blame marty for avoiding this shit. the issue is between Jamie( or his parents) and MArty. SO the rest should butt out.

4. Truly a lesson learned here...Buy from known and trusted places, and only buy from abroad if you have dealt with the person before.

5. Live, learn and suck it up.....world is full of assholes, perhaps marty is one, i dont know have never met the guy, bet 90% of you lot havent either. If his lungs are fooked then good luck to the guy, be it self inflicted or not. I suffer with a lung condition...every felt what suffocation is like...not good.

6. forum are for flaming and facts. Personally Your all hot air...YEah Jamie was shafted so it seems, but then perhaps he should of researched his purchase and bought something else with more support locally.

Life sucks, but so does this thread....give it a rest

ooliganRC 03-19-2007 02:56 AM

Originally Posted by pro4_racer
great idea, the kid spends 200US and gets a POS and your saying spend even MORE money to make it better?

what a joke!

he was supposed to get a proper professional rc race car and it should arrive in good condition with no add on's needed.

so spending $400 on a Xray t2'007 and buying a battery strap is classed in the same category or you just venting hot air for thesake of the forum.

We all do it, we all accept it....

i spend hours building my cars, getting them how I want them as most standard kits require work.(chassis smoothing, cyan edging, filling battery slots and de greasing bearings) perhaps your just picking hairs to sound almighty.

its between Jamie (his parents) and Marty, and no one else...

nexxus 03-19-2007 03:25 AM

Originally Posted by mi2dude
so spending $400 on a Xray t2'007 and buying a battery strap is classed in the same category or you just venting hot air for thesake of the forum.

We all do it, we all accept it....

i spend hours building my cars, getting them how I want them as most standard kits require work.(chassis smoothing, cyan edging, filling battery slots and de greasing bearings) perhaps your just picking hairs to sound almighty.

its between Jamie (his parents) and Marty, and no one else...

...another Marty sponsored comment I see.

Keep your boys coming mate!

billjacobs 03-19-2007 05:58 AM

Wow, you australian guys are vicious. If only thoughts could do harm, marty would be in worse shape than now.

$200 for a kit with high end parts (may not be all matching,) is not that bad. I am not talking about the quality of the cnc work, or of the removal of the anodizing. Any high end touring car is $400 +. $200 barely covers all the tamiya and hpi parts that were used (from the pics,) because buying a car in pieces, even at a discount, is still much, much, more expensive that buying a kit.

Marty, like many startups, tried to do what he could to establish his company, and it seems he got overwhelmed, especially on the technical aspect of building the car. (CNC setup, fit and finish, etc.) If all of the same guys that are flaming him now would have stopped making him change the design every 1.5 seconds, he probably would have had time to perfect the car. I know he brought it on himself by asking for and listening to all suggestions, but come on.

There is only 1 example of someone unhappy with the car, and it seems that marty's f1 cars were very good. This whole thing will be an object lesson in what not to do by rc companies (take things personally, ask everyone for suggestions, keep changing the design,) and buyers (expect some risk when you buy from a 1 man shop, expect some risk when you pay $200 for a car that if it was perfect would have cost $500) etc.

nexxus 03-19-2007 06:50 AM

You know what screw it.

Husky got what he paid for, more than that in TRF bits, and I am sick of defending the arrogant little shit in this thread.

Marty, my apologies, look it wasn't the best car, but for what he paid, he wasn't exactally ripped off either, and easily has the parts now to make a TA05 VERY competitive at a fraction of the cost.

ooliganRC 03-19-2007 09:16 AM

Originally Posted by nexxus
...another Marty sponsored comment I see.

Keep your boys coming mate!

Mate u need to get your self checked, and soon before you stress your self out.

oops too late. :P

Michael.H 03-19-2007 11:59 PM

Originally Posted by nexxus
You know what screw it.

Husky got what he paid for, more than that in TRF bits, and I am sick of defending the arrogant little shit in this thread.

Marty, my apologies, look it wasn't the best car, but for what he paid, he wasn't exactally ripped off either, and easily has the parts now to make a TA05 VERY competitive at a fraction of the cost.

I have to say i agree :nod:

Marcos.J 06-04-2007 09:47 PM

did jamie ever get his money back??

kiyano 06-16-2007 10:12 PM

Exactly, one year ago, although I remitted to martin, I did not receive a product. He was explaining that sick medical treatment was a reason.
And having not heard from him completely now. I was disappointed at his service. I was deceived by him.

I warn that you deal with him in order to avoid the same trouble as me.:flaming: