R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-12-2007, 08:50 PM   #1411
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Houston, Texas
Posts: 3,777
Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to John Stranahan
Default

Or your anything outdoors.
John Stranahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 08:52 PM   #1412
Tech Elite
 
wallstreet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 3,904
Trader Rating: 20 (92%+)
Send a message via AIM to wallstreet
Default

john you shouldnt have a problem seeing the pictures your type was smaller.... and if you cant see from the pics that is an identical car to martys creation. mid motor same chassis cause he said he used the one from that car..... so all he did was make his own chassis at his house ,,,,, bend up some bulkheads to fit the half a$$ holes he drilled....


rc oldman who has since changed his screen name to fred perkins was all over this car when marty started showing pics and stuff and then right after he finally got his car from marty it was on the for sale forum a week later..... for a guy to be so pumped and wanting to promote this car he hadnt seen in person and then want to sell it right away is kinda strange isnt it ?

His answer to my question for selling it so quickly after recieving it was he wanted to go in a different direction. Go in a different direction a week after waiting months for your car ? I think he was scammed as well and was just being nicer than the current customers..... but i could be wrong... But i have noticed he hasnt ever come on here to defend anything or give his insight so i might be correct about it after all
wallstreet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 08:56 PM   #1413
Super Moderator
 
Marcos.J's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Semper Fi
Posts: 27,198
Trader Rating: 182 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Stranahan
Or your anything outdoors.
?? are you asking if im good at the outdoors??hmm well i spent 6 months in the jungles in Panama back in 1988 when i was in the Marines
Marcos.J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 08:58 PM   #1414
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Houston, Texas
Posts: 3,777
Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to John Stranahan
Default

Well you should follow Fred Perkins example. Funny how when people use there real name they are prone to more polite public speech. I would need to look at the car first myself before I bought it.

Your RC car Marcos. I am not in this for a fist fight. Geez.

John
John Stranahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 09:00 PM   #1415
Tech Elite
 
wallstreet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 3,904
Trader Rating: 20 (92%+)
Send a message via AIM to wallstreet
Default

trust me i am not hiding behind my name
wallstreet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 09:00 PM   #1416
Super Moderator
 
Marcos.J's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Semper Fi
Posts: 27,198
Trader Rating: 182 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Stranahan
Well you should follow Fred Perkins example. Funny how when people use there real name they are prone to more polite public speech. I would need to look at the car first myself before I bought it.

Your RC car Marcos. I am not in this for a fist fight. Geez.

John
lol yes i race outdoors
Marcos.J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 09:03 PM   #1417
Tech Regular
 
Ntensweapon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Iowa
Posts: 270
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Attached Images
 
Ntensweapon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 09:08 PM   #1418
Super Moderator
 
Marcos.J's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Semper Fi
Posts: 27,198
Trader Rating: 182 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ntensweapon
well thanks ! now im craving a quater pounder
Marcos.J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 09:09 PM   #1419
Tech Elite
 
wallstreet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 3,904
Trader Rating: 20 (92%+)
Send a message via AIM to wallstreet
Default

you must have got that from his website huh
wallstreet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 10:46 PM   #1420
wyd
Tech Legend
 
wyd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Castle Mamba Max Pro. Feel its power!!!!!!!!!!
Posts: 21,141
Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to wyd
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wallstreet
john you shouldnt have a problem seeing the pictures your type was smaller.... and if you cant see from the pics that is an identical car to martys creation. mid motor same chassis cause he said he used the one from that car..... so all he did was make his own chassis at his house ,,,,, bend up some bulkheads to fit the half a$$ holes he drilled....


rc oldman who has since changed his screen name to fred perkins was all over this car when marty started showing pics and stuff and then right after he finally got his car from marty it was on the for sale forum a week later..... for a guy to be so pumped and wanting to promote this car he hadnt seen in person and then want to sell it right away is kinda strange isnt it ?

His answer to my question for selling it so quickly after recieving it was he wanted to go in a different direction. Go in a different direction a week after waiting months for your car ? I think he was scammed as well and was just being nicer than the current customers..... but i could be wrong... But i have noticed he hasnt ever come on here to defend anything or give his insight so i might be correct about it after all
Fred goes thru cars like underwear sometimes. Nothing was wrong with his car. I saw it first hand and it was perfect and was dialed on the track. He didn't sell it because it sucked. It was more like the fact that it took so long to get them to customers he didn't want to be associated with that. Also he wanted to go back to Schumacher which has raced for previously for many years.

Freds a great dude and fun to race with. I have seen him with at least 8 different cars in the last 2 years. Hell maybe I missed a few. Hard for me to keep track.
__________________
Castle Creations (Since 2005) Just awesome products
Bumps & Jumps RC (Great Indoor facility for offroad and oval)
ST Racing Concepts (STRC)
Custom Works (Best Oval Cars around)
wyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 12:20 AM   #1421
Tech Champion
 
nexxus's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Perth, Australia
Posts: 8,094
Trader Rating: 302 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Stranahan
You don't get it. Itís none of your business. When you buy something it's best to buy by credit card. If the goods are not delivered in 60 days then you call the credit card company and reverse the charges. If you don't follow this practical approach and get screwed, then you file a complaint with the better business bureau or file a claim in small claims court. You don't sit here on the web and try to destroy somebodyís business and reputation completely because of a bad transaction. Yes there are offenses on both sides. Give it a rest. Yes Marcos you are the worst transgressor. Bet you have never even seen the car or do you know the parties involved. Yes post pics if you have them better than all this hate talk.

I am not entangled financially with this product. I just made the cool 1/10 electric prototype. It is faster than a 1/8 scale spec class car at present. Yes with a hacksaw and a Dremel. Ok maybe I touched a few parts with the milling machine.

Noone's flaming Marty by calling him a f.. or suggesting other nasty things about his personal life, we're commenting on the quality of his work which is what this thread is about.

So why does someone all high and mighty decide to defend him??

YOU HERO!
__________________
A800 / A800X Awesomatix

Don't worry about what I'm doing.
Worry about why you're worried about what I'm doing.

"Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity."

nexxus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 03:09 AM   #1422
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 903
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Marty and others,
Ill post pics up soon
well the chassis isnt straight, most screws are bent because the chassis hasnt been drilled right.
All of the nice blue tamiya bits have been scrubbed with a wire brush, the holes in the topdeck were done with a blunt screw driver.
The shotty motor mount has really messed up holes in them.
Me and Terry had to dremal the topdeck so it wouldnt bannana the chassis and even still it tweaks it mojorly.
I dont know what he did with the diff but it wobbles like ......
Alot more but im bored
so l8er
Jamie
jamie814340 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 03:39 AM   #1423
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 557
Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Default

And the saga continues.... you could at least edit your avatar.
$$$... is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 04:36 AM   #1424
Tech Master
 
d4_racer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: in the emergency room :-(
Posts: 1,479
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to d4_racer
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Stranahan
You don't get it. Itís none of your business. When you buy something it's best to buy by credit card. If the goods are not delivered in 60 days then you call the credit card company and reverse the charges. If you don't follow this practical approach and get screwed, then you file a complaint with the better business bureau or file a claim in small claims court. You don't sit here on the web and try to destroy somebodyís business and reputation completely because of a bad transaction. Yes there are offenses on both sides. Give it a rest. Yes Marcos you are the worst transgressor. Bet you have never even seen the car or do you know the parties involved. Yes post pics if you have them better than all this hate talk.

I am not entangled financially with this product. I just made the cool 1/10 electric prototype. It is faster than a 1/8 scale spec class car at present. Yes with a hacksaw and a Dremel. Ok maybe I touched a few parts with the milling machine.
you dont get it, jamie is just a kid and kids dont have credit cards! he spent all his sved up cash and money to buy this so called great winning car which in reality is worse than a tt-01.
__________________
\____
==\_\___===___ | *HPI Baja SS kit;*
==(@)\_______\(o) +UNDER CONSTRUCTION+
^^^^^^^^^^^^

out of racing, but a proud marshall, lol
d4_racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 06:11 AM   #1425
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Houston, Texas
Posts: 3,777
Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to John Stranahan
Default

If the car is not up to standards then the logical thing to do is contact the vendor and ask for a return for your money back. Some kids have parents with credit cards. No one but RC-tech is being defended here. This is not the type of conduct that should be on RC-tech. One flame after another. Jokes about the man. Jokes about the mans health. Jokes about the track he has access to. Seriously. Stick to the Product. Post some pics that tell the story. If you can't see anything in the pics then don't bother.

I agree that it is poor business practice: to send out a less than quality car that will be viewed by others.

Prototype Narrow Pan car with 3-link suspension and Panhard Bar.
Attached Thumbnails
New X10P4 Touring Car From MLP-3-link-narrow-pan-car-ladder-bar-002-resized.jpg  

Last edited by John Stranahan; 03-13-2007 at 06:42 AM.
John Stranahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Fte Tc3 Touring car tagalong_74 R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 21 04-12-2008 08:52 PM
MLP X10P4 V2 ONE OF A KIND!!!!! For Sale Fred Perkins R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 16 12-19-2006 06:44 PM
Touring Shumacher 99 Nitro On-Road 7 10-20-2004 12:18 PM
Nitro touring for electric touring iflybyu R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 1 09-28-2003 11:44 PM
Touring car Steve R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 7 09-19-2002 09:07 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 02:42 AM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net