R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-08-2007, 11:52 PM   #1336
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 4
Default siro 27 probs

i have a sirio 27 aprox 2 litres of fuel used in it, i have had it sitting for a few months ,and it will start but cuts out after 15 secs, then i can get it to run and idle but as soon as i give it throttle it cuts out , i have replaced the fuel with new fuel ,new turbo p3 plug [turbo head on it]the best i can get it to run is just over idle then it misses splutters and cuts out , it has a new manifold and pipe off hpi savage,i have leaned it right out and wont start , richen it and it wont start or urun ,it fires first kick but just wont run ,i am yet to try carby off , kyosho giga 28 , or carby from raptor 27,if any1 can help with factory setting s for mixtures and tell me whom sells spares in aust or usa for them,
roketfuel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2007, 12:40 AM   #1337
Tech Master
 
d4_racer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: in the emergency room :-(
Posts: 1,479
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to d4_racer
Default

ugh, hello? this is the TOTALLY WRONG FORUM! go to the nitro onroaf forum. how the heck did a nitro newbie end up in electric MLP forum?
__________________
\____
==\_\___===___ | *HPI Baja SS kit;*
==(@)\_______\(o) +UNDER CONSTRUCTION+
^^^^^^^^^^^^

out of racing, but a proud marshall, lol
d4_racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2007, 12:52 AM   #1338
Tech Champion
 
nexxus's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Perth, Australia
Posts: 8,097
Trader Rating: 302 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamie814340
I Just recieved the car guys!!!
Its awsome!!!!!!!! ill be posting pics soon.
Jamie

Glad to hear an end to a problem that should never have happened.
__________________
A800 / A800X Awesomatix

Don't worry about what I'm doing.
Worry about why you're worried about what I'm doing.

"Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity."

nexxus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2007, 06:46 AM   #1339
Super Moderator
 
Marcos.J's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Semper Fi
Posts: 27,202
Trader Rating: 182 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamie814340
I Just recieved the car guys!!!
Its awsome!!!!!!!! ill be posting pics soon.
Jamie
wow finally!! Im glad!!
Marcos.J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2007, 08:41 AM   #1340
Tech Champion
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 7,664
Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by roketfuel
i have a sirio 27 aprox 2 litres of fuel used in it, i have had it sitting for a few months ,and it will start but cuts out after 15 secs, then i can get it to run and idle but as soon as i give it throttle it cuts out , i have replaced the fuel with new fuel ,new turbo p3 plug [turbo head on it]the best i can get it to run is just over idle then it misses splutters and cuts out , it has a new manifold and pipe off hpi savage,i have leaned it right out and wont start , richen it and it wont start or urun ,it fires first kick but just wont run ,i am yet to try carby off , kyosho giga 28 , or carby from raptor 27,if any1 can help with factory setting s for mixtures and tell me whom sells spares in aust or usa for them,

__________________
Serpent Racing * Speed Passion * Fantom Racing * Windy City Raceway
Nexus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2007, 10:54 PM   #1341
Tech Elite
 
Jochim_18's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: CALI
Posts: 2,372
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamie814340
I Just recieved the car guys!!!
Its awsome!!!!!!!! ill be posting pics soon.
Jamie

oh!!! now what I thought your done with MLP????
__________________
Localrcracing.com - Your premiere source of Radio controlled Racing in central California.

Visaliahobbies.com * SkyRC * casterracingparts.com
Jochim_18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2007, 04:43 AM   #1342
Tech Adept
 
kamikaze's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: perth
Posts: 247
Default

poor poor jamie! yes he got his car finally. i just spent all day with him trying to set it up and all i can say is WHAT A PEICE OF SH!T.
none of the bulk heads line up, had to modify the top deck with a dremil cos the holes didnt line up which made the chassis about as flat as a bannana, the steering geometry is shocking, there were washers on the out side of the hexes (one on one side two on the other) to stop the wheels from rubbing on the front hubs, the diff pullys were buckled and moved side to side by about 4ml.it looked like this car was made with a bunch of old second hand parts and some dodgy custom ones.
jamie i say sell all you can to get some of your money back and burn the rest

or keep the shocks and put them on a TAO5 cos thats about all thats worth keeping

no i lie the body shell was good
kamikaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2007, 05:08 AM   #1343
Tech Apprentice
 
Teddygoat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Eston,South Africa
Posts: 89
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Whats going on here! Jamie posts and says the car is "Awesome" and now its shit? I think its time this was closed, this is all BS from both sides!
Teddygoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2007, 05:25 AM   #1344
Super Moderator
 
Marcos.J's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Semper Fi
Posts: 27,202
Trader Rating: 182 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kamikaze
poor poor jamie! yes he got his car finally. i just spent all day with him trying to set it up and all i can say is WHAT A PEICE OF SH!T.
none of the bulk heads line up, had to modify the top deck with a dremil cos the holes didnt line up which made the chassis about as flat as a bannana, the steering geometry is shocking, there were washers on the out side of the hexes (one on one side two on the other) to stop the wheels from rubbing on the front hubs, the diff pullys were buckled and moved side to side by about 4ml.it looked like this car was made with a bunch of old second hand parts and some dodgy custom ones.
jamie i say sell all you can to get some of your money back and burn the rest

or keep the shocks and put them on a TAO5 cos thats about all thats worth keeping

no i lie the body shell was good
Marcos.J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2007, 05:56 AM   #1345
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 903
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kamikaze
poor poor jamie! yes he got his car finally. i just spent all day with him trying to set it up and all i can say is WHAT A PEICE OF SH!T.
none of the bulk heads line up, had to modify the top deck with a dremil cos the holes didnt line up which made the chassis about as flat as a bannana, the steering geometry is shocking, there were washers on the out side of the hexes (one on one side two on the other) to stop the wheels from rubbing on the front hubs, the diff pullys were buckled and moved side to side by about 4ml.it looked like this car was made with a bunch of old second hand parts and some dodgy custom ones.
jamie i say sell all you can to get some of your money back and burn the rest

or keep the shocks and put them on a TAO5 cos thats about all thats worth keeping

no i lie the body shell was good

Yeah he is right, just spent all day tring to get it sussed and we couldnt.
I was just looking over it and the edges of the chassis arnt semetrical, the topdeck is sh!t work, sorry marty but even the blukheads arnt straight.
DOes this car come with Pre-bent bulkheads.
A new feature to rc racing Pre-stuffed car?
I think so
Husky
jamie814340 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2007, 06:00 AM   #1346
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 903
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teddygoat
Whats going on here! Jamie posts and says the car is "Awesome" and now its shit? I think its time this was closed, this is all BS from both sides!
I think its time u minded ur own business.
DO somethign better than this fool.
Hsuky

Last edited by jamie814340; 03-10-2007 at 06:17 AM.
jamie814340 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2007, 06:23 AM   #1347
Super Moderator
 
Marcos.J's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Semper Fi
Posts: 27,202
Trader Rating: 182 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamie814340
Yeah he is right, just spent all day tring to get it sussed and we couldnt.
I was just looking over it and the edges of the chassis arnt semetrical, the topdeck is sh!t work, sorry marty but even the blukheads arnt straight.
DOes this car come with Pre-bent bulkheads.
A new feature to rc racing Pre-stuffed car?
I think so
Husky
im very sorry to hear that!
Marcos.J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2007, 07:18 AM   #1348
Tech Master
 
d4_racer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: in the emergency room :-(
Posts: 1,479
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to d4_racer
Default

when jamie first got it he was sooo happy. he finally got it after 5 months of waitings and at first glance it looked supurb! but when it went on the track that was another story.

marty, did you use a hacksaw to cut out the bits?
__________________
\____
==\_\___===___ | *HPI Baja SS kit;*
==(@)\_______\(o) +UNDER CONSTRUCTION+
^^^^^^^^^^^^

out of racing, but a proud marshall, lol
d4_racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2007, 08:00 AM   #1349
Super Moderator
 
Marcos.J's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Semper Fi
Posts: 27,202
Trader Rating: 182 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pro4_racer
when jamie first got it he was sooo happy. he finally got it after 5 months of waitings and at first glance it looked supurb! but when it went on the track that was another story.

marty, did you use a hacksaw to cut out the bits?
maybe jamie i hope you get your money back!!!
Marcos.J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2007, 08:10 AM   #1350
Tech Champion
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 7,664
Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)
Default



Is that your car and what you got? If so I just wanted to note some things...

If he sent you those tires they all look used.
Why are there two different rear body mounts on the rear? One looks foam the other plastic.
Not sure if it's the pics or the actual car but the top turnbuckles that adjust front camber look swept foward...very strange.
Does it have 3 types of ballcups? tamiya, ae, and hpi or something?
Is that a hole on the bottom/back near the tape slot? If so does it overlap the edge of the car?
On the front of the car what or those flare out or things he cut out in the chassis? You can see a hole like something was supposed to mount in there but they pretty much look useless! (the part under the steering turnbuckles)
__________________
Serpent Racing * Speed Passion * Fantom Racing * Windy City Raceway
Nexus is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Fte Tc3 Touring car tagalong_74 R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 21 04-12-2008 08:52 PM
MLP X10P4 V2 ONE OF A KIND!!!!! For Sale Fred Perkins R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 16 12-19-2006 06:44 PM
Touring Shumacher 99 Nitro On-Road 7 10-20-2004 12:18 PM
Nitro touring for electric touring iflybyu R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 1 09-28-2003 11:44 PM
Touring car Steve R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 7 09-19-2002 09:07 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 12:44 PM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net