Tech Adept

husky ygpm
kamikaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2007, 01:44 PM   #1307
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by DA_cookie_monst
If you don't like it, walk away.
its not easy to walk away when your a 15 year old kid who has his hard earned money invested in an rc car for so long that he hasnt receved. iv seen the effects of this in the past 5 months and its sad
so i stand behind Jamie all the way on this one
Old 02-20-2007, 01:45 PM   #1308
Super Moderator

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 182 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kamikaze
its not easy to walk away when your a 15 year old kid who has his hard earned money invested in an rc car for so long that he hasnt receved. iv seen the effects of this in the past 5 months and its sad
so i stand behind Jamie all the way on this one
5 months???
Marcos.J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2007, 02:12 PM   #1309
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wallstreet
Anyone know if marty still works at a hobby shop in the burbs of chicago ?
wondering which shop.... al's?

any new pictures?
Old 02-20-2007, 03:11 PM   #1310
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

thanks terry . all of you people put yourself in my shoes, waited five months prolly more and recieved nothing.
jamie814340 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2007, 04:10 PM   #1311
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 302 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by big-al
Finaly someone who has common sence, if his products dont meet your needs
shop someplace else, so what if he use whatever parts he wants as long as the cars he sell is what you are looking for, nobody's forcing you to buy MLP,if you know the complete story between them keep it to yourself and let them sort it out!!!!!
like you never had any different with anybody!!!!!!!!!!!!
its so f&^%$#ng easy from where you are all sitting!!!!!!!!

So are you telling us it's ok for a 15 yr old to shell out his cash (and remember when you were 15 every $100 was like HUGE), to wait 5 months, get nothing but a shit load of excuses.

ARE YOU TELLING ME THAT'S OK????

If someone did that to you on Ebay or a forum buy or whatever you'd be the first to scream "Fraud".

Go save someone else.

Don't worry about what I'm doing.
Worry about why you're worried about what I'm doing.

"Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity."

nexxus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2007, 04:18 PM   #1312
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to wyd

Bottom line is no matter what ANY of you post on this thread it won't change a thing. Handling on the internet crying, complaining, he said she said shit won't get the kids money back..............period.

This needs to be taken up privately and if need be file charges of some type but posting here is doing NOTHING............well I guess it is entertaining for me actually thinking any of you guys are making any differeance ragging on the guy. If anything whether he is right or wrong your just feed the fire and he is going to do nothing but turn off his computer.
Custom Works (Best Oval Cars around)
wyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2007, 04:55 PM   #1313
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 55 (100%+)
Default thoughts on this whole thing

You could see this coming when Marty was taking advice from everyone at rctech.net about the car. You can't please everyone, or even anyone, because most will turn on you at the slightest sign of any kind of trouble, or issue. I tried to make that point, but was shouted down by the same people who are chastising Marty now. Everyone wants a free lunch, as long as they don't have to pay for it.

The man is sick, and frankly has other things to worry about then creating toy cars. Being out $250, although a lot, is not the end of the world. I am sure Marty will make it right, but coming on here and trying to shame and insult Marty into making it right will not accomplish anything. He will simply turn the computer off.

By the way, since Marty keeps his CNC equipment at home, don't assume he doesn't wear a mask when he is cutting. The problem is that the dust gets everywhere, and even after you finish cutting, you are still around the dust and breathing it in. Many times marty said he turned on the machine and left, since it took a long time to cut out the chassis and parts.

People shouldn't make comments if they don't know what the situation is. And beating someone up is called assault and is a felony.

When you deal with a self described one man operation, don't expect service and products like you get from a large company.

As for the product itself, Marty had good ideas, and using existing parts in your prototype is how most new products are made. Tamiya and hpi cars (hot bodies), constantly win world titles, so what's wrong with using their suspension parts? Weight distribution is very important, and that's what marty's design was changing. People who understand the physics behind the cars understand the weight distribution issues.

Lastly, if you all are truly concerned about the kid who doesn't have his car, fine. $250/(how many are complaining) = $40 a person. Paypal the kid the money and end it.

Last edited by billjacobs; 02-20-2007 at 06:54 PM.
billjacobs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2007, 07:38 PM   #1314
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

To let you guys know I've waited about that long to get my car. You guys need to understand that marty is doing all the work.

Visaliahobbies.com * SkyRC * casterracingparts.com
Jochim_18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2007, 11:01 PM   #1315
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pro4_racer
i totally agree, he prolly doesnt need a forehead to the nose as he's already suffering and maybe gonna need a lung transplant from not wearing a facemask, smart one
He said he would give him the car. There were hold up's wich he explained. He said he would make good on it and we have no reason to believe he wont. Apparently you did not pay attention. Your talking about a specialty car here if you didnt understand that then you dont have any understanding of what you are getting and you should have bought a TC5.
Old 02-21-2007, 01:02 AM   #1316
Tech Adept

no you guys need to understand. holdups are not the problem here the point is he lied several times and that is the reason he is not trusted and being bagged on line
Old 02-21-2007, 01:18 AM   #1317
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 56 (100%+)
Default Just Sad

All this guy does is make a Chassis and a Top deck(s) that's pretty much it. You guys have gone throught all this trouble and wait for nothing special. Name a race (other than a club race) this car has won? You can't cause it hasn't. If you want a Aftermarket Chassis call BMI thiers are readily available and have WON big races like the Snowbirds.

All this crap about balance and weight distribution yeah I'm sure this guy know more than the engineers at Tamiya,HPI,Xray,etc.......

This guy has lied time and time again and some of you come on here defending him Then all we read from Marty is that he;s turning his computer off, and people are bashing him for no reason no no your getting if for reason you brought upon yourself. Now be a man and payback those people you owe money, and or cars to.

Hey I paint bodies (on top of a 55 hour a week job)on the side and I would never treat customers like this. If you can't finish something or haven't been able to get to it just say so, but don't keep saying you've shipped it when you haven't.
Old 02-21-2007, 01:29 AM   #1318
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaintingRoly
All this guy does is make a Chassis and a Top deck(s) that's pretty much it. You guys have gone throught all this trouble and wait for nothing special. Name a race (other than a club race) this car has won? You can't cause it hasn't. If you want a Aftermarket Chassis call BMI thiers are readily available and have WON big races like the Snowbirds.

All this crap about balance and weight distribution yeah I'm sure this guy know more than the engineers at Tamiya,HPI,Xray,etc.......

This guy has lied time and time again and some of you come on here defending him Then all we read from Marty is that he;s turning his computer off, and people are bashing him for no reason no no your getting if for reason you brought upon yourself. Now be a man and payback those people you owe money, and or cars to.

Hey I paint bodies (on top of a 55 hour a week job)on the side and I would never treat customers like this. If you can't finish something or haven't been able to get to it just say so, but don't keep saying you've shipped it when you haven't.

RC12L4
FlightPower LiPo's all the way.
Michael.H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007, 02:43 AM   #1319
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jochim_18
To let you guys know I've waited about that long to get my car. You guys need to understand that marty is doing all the work.
Reading that sounds to me like you have not recieved a car yet either
Nathan Parker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007, 03:33 AM   #1320
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 302 (100%+)

If he's busy, or hasn't gotten around to sending it, say so, but he's said "shipped" at least 3 times. That's outright lying.

Are there not laws against mail fraud?

Isn't that what this is?

Don't worry about what I'm doing.
Worry about why you're worried about what I'm doing.

"Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity."

nexxus is offline   Reply With Quote