R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-30-2006, 05:36 PM   #1156
Tech Fanatic
 
jtracker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Michigan
Posts: 910
Trader Rating: 28 (97%+)
Send a message via MSN to jtracker Send a message via Yahoo to jtracker
Default

All I can say is "WOW"!! Amazing car. One of the guys that drove it at the track said it had more on power steering than his tamiya 415. Car handled Great! Awesome car Marty! Thumbs up to you
jtracker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2006, 06:10 PM   #1157
Tech Master
 
Kropy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: In a van down by the river
Posts: 1,763
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Kropy
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtracker
All I can say is "WOW"!! Amazing car. One of the guys that drove it at the track said it had more on power steering than his tamiya 415. Car handled Great! Awesome car Marty! Thumbs up to you
Are you racing in Ft. Wayne on Monday?
__________________
Dale "Kropy" Kropaczewski
Kolors by Kropy
Postman, Save a spot on the stand for me
Kropy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2006, 06:18 PM   #1158
Tech Master
 
Marty Peterson's Avatar
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 1,777
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtracker
All I can say is "WOW"!! Amazing car. One of the guys that drove it at the track said it had more on power steering than his tamiya 415. Car handled Great! Awesome car Marty! Thumbs up to you
Wait till you get better with the setup of the car and get it hooked up man! on corner power and steering is even better!

What battery set up did you go with?

It was better than my MRE on asphalt! Wait till summer gets here!
__________________
Here for the fun of it!

Selling HPI F10 Front Knuckles and Complete Rear Axles W/Diffs Ball and Gear.
W/12mm TC Hubs & W/14mm F1 Hubs Good for std bearing Pans cars. STD Bearings!
eBay item number: 200947192161,200947193175,200947187493

Last edited by Marty Peterson; 12-30-2006 at 07:18 PM.
Marty Peterson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2006, 08:31 PM   #1159
Tech Fanatic
 
jtracker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Michigan
Posts: 910
Trader Rating: 28 (97%+)
Send a message via MSN to jtracker Send a message via Yahoo to jtracker
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kropy
Are you racing in Ft. Wayne on Monday?
Hey Kropy,
Yes I will be at Ft. Wayne on Mon. I'll see ya there.
jtracker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2006, 08:33 PM   #1160
Tech Fanatic
 
jtracker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Michigan
Posts: 910
Trader Rating: 28 (97%+)
Send a message via MSN to jtracker Send a message via Yahoo to jtracker
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty Peterson
Wait till you get better with the setup of the car and get it hooked up man! on corner power and steering is even better!

What battery set up did you go with?

It was better than my MRE on asphalt! Wait till summer gets here!

Ya I hope I get better with the setup. I just went with the 6 cell cuz I didn't have my batts. configured for 4x2. Thanks again,
Justin
jtracker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2006, 09:39 PM   #1161
Tech Master
 
Marty Peterson's Avatar
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 1,777
Default

How do you feel it ran today good and what do you think of it from the other cars you have run?

Good Luck Monday!
__________________
Here for the fun of it!

Selling HPI F10 Front Knuckles and Complete Rear Axles W/Diffs Ball and Gear.
W/12mm TC Hubs & W/14mm F1 Hubs Good for std bearing Pans cars. STD Bearings!
eBay item number: 200947192161,200947193175,200947187493
Marty Peterson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2006, 09:59 PM   #1162
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 903
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Marty ugpm
jamie814340 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2006, 10:06 PM   #1163
Tech Fanatic
 
jtracker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Michigan
Posts: 910
Trader Rating: 28 (97%+)
Send a message via MSN to jtracker Send a message via Yahoo to jtracker
Default

Well honestly I was very surprised how much better it handled than my pro4. I started with the pro4 at the beginning of carpet season so I haven't really drove any other cars besides running a few laps with other guys cars. I just got into carpet racing this year, well with touring cars anyway on road course. I ran oval carpet last year but road course makes oval BORING. The car is so SMOOOTH! Thats what the guys at the track said as well. I also like how it is so quiet. They called me Mr. Whisper today. It seriously just sounds like a whisper going by. You can barely hear it. It is awesome. I think I lost a pinion gear, oh wait it is still going so I guess not. haha Thanks for the Good luck! Hopefully I can do alright. I'm running stock foam too.
jtracker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2006, 10:15 PM   #1164
Tech Fanatic
 
jtracker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Michigan
Posts: 910
Trader Rating: 28 (97%+)
Send a message via MSN to jtracker Send a message via Yahoo to jtracker
Thumbs up

For setup I did a couple different changes from when I got it from you. With the stock motor I am running a 31 pinion with the 102 spur which puts me at about a 27.31 rollout. The motor was coming off at about 150-160 so I think the gearing is alright. All in all Great car. Anyone that is thinking about getting a new car should check this car out and read up on it. I'm sure you will be happy with it as I am!!
jtracker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2006, 10:45 PM   #1165
Tech Master
 
Marty Peterson's Avatar
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 1,777
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtracker
Well honestly I was very surprised how much better it handled than my pro4. I started with the pro4 at the beginning of carpet season so I haven't really drove any other cars besides running a few laps with other guys cars. I just got into carpet racing this year, well with touring cars anyway on road course. I ran oval carpet last year but road course makes oval BORING. The car is so SMOOOTH! Thats what the guys at the track said as well. I also like how it is so quiet. They called me Mr. Whisper today. It seriously just sounds like a whisper going by. You can barely hear it. It is awesome. I think I lost a pinion gear, oh wait it is still going so I guess not. haha Thanks for the Good luck! Hopefully I can do alright. I'm running stock foam too.

Glad to hear it maybe we should call it the Whisper From MLP

Just happy your happy! keep us up to date. and remeber have Fun!

That is all I care about!
__________________
Here for the fun of it!

Selling HPI F10 Front Knuckles and Complete Rear Axles W/Diffs Ball and Gear.
W/12mm TC Hubs & W/14mm F1 Hubs Good for std bearing Pans cars. STD Bearings!
eBay item number: 200947192161,200947193175,200947187493
Marty Peterson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2006, 10:47 PM   #1166
Tech Master
 
Marty Peterson's Avatar
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 1,777
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtracker
For setup I did a couple different changes from when I got it from you. With the stock motor I am running a 31 pinion with the 102 spur which puts me at about a 27.31 rollout. The motor was coming off at about 150-160 so I think the gearing is alright. All in all Great car. Anyone that is thinking about getting a new car should check this car out and read up on it. I'm sure you will be happy with it as I am!!
You will find where you need to be!

I for one feel Good about it!
__________________
Here for the fun of it!

Selling HPI F10 Front Knuckles and Complete Rear Axles W/Diffs Ball and Gear.
W/12mm TC Hubs & W/14mm F1 Hubs Good for std bearing Pans cars. STD Bearings!
eBay item number: 200947192161,200947193175,200947187493
Marty Peterson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2006, 10:50 PM   #1167
Tech Master
 
Marty Peterson's Avatar
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 1,777
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamie814340
Marty ugpm

Nothing here as a PM
__________________
Here for the fun of it!

Selling HPI F10 Front Knuckles and Complete Rear Axles W/Diffs Ball and Gear.
W/12mm TC Hubs & W/14mm F1 Hubs Good for std bearing Pans cars. STD Bearings!
eBay item number: 200947192161,200947193175,200947187493
Marty Peterson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2006, 10:51 PM   #1168
Tech Fanatic
 
jtracker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Michigan
Posts: 910
Trader Rating: 28 (97%+)
Send a message via MSN to jtracker Send a message via Yahoo to jtracker
Default

Awesome!! I will definately keep you up to date and let you know how I do on Mon. There was a guy at the track today that runs a tamiya 415 and he always has FAST 19T's and I put my best stock motor in and was almost keeping up with him so I took that motor out and put it in my motor box Figured I better save that one!hehe When I was running with that guy everyone said you both got 19T's in? I said nope stock. They all said ya Right. So I let them look at the motor and sure enough STOCKER!
jtracker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2006, 10:56 PM   #1169
Tech Master
 
Kropy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: In a van down by the river
Posts: 1,763
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Kropy
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtracker
Awesome!! I will definately keep you up to date and let you know how I do on Mon. There was a guy at the track today that runs a tamiya 415 and he always has FAST 19T's and I put my best stock motor in and was almost keeping up with him so I took that motor out and put it in my motor box Figured I better save that one!hehe When I was running with that guy everyone said you both got 19T's in? I said nope stock. They all said ya Right. So I let them look at the motor and sure enough STOCKER!
You better bring it Monday.
__________________
Dale "Kropy" Kropaczewski
Kolors by Kropy
Postman, Save a spot on the stand for me
Kropy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2006, 10:59 PM   #1170
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 903
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

There yar marty, now you have a pm
Jamie
jamie814340 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Fte Tc3 Touring car tagalong_74 R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 21 04-12-2008 08:52 PM
MLP X10P4 V2 ONE OF A KIND!!!!! For Sale Fred Perkins R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 16 12-19-2006 06:44 PM
Touring Shumacher 99 Nitro On-Road 7 10-20-2004 12:18 PM
Nitro touring for electric touring iflybyu R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 1 09-28-2003 11:44 PM
Touring car Steve R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 7 09-19-2002 09:07 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 02:08 AM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net