Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 06-05-2006, 11:16 PM   #31
Super Moderator

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Location: Singapore ̡͌ ̴̡ı̴̴̡ ̡̡͡|̲̲̲͡͡͡ ̲▫̲͡ ̲̲̲͡͡π̲̲͡͡ ̲̲͡▫̲̲͡V
Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty Peterson
We are making a 4X4 Dirt buggy one in shaft and one in belt and the one that works out the best will go into production or maybe both but I have been working on a touring car for a year and No I feel it is the best time to come out with a New touring car! the best of what is out there today Well we have never seen before so many top of the line cars. If our car can win over the cars out today then we are telling to world Hey Look at us.!!!!

See they will not come to my back yard to play (F1) so we will go to theres(touring car)!
As for companies making more and more cars yes I think it is crazy to have a New car every year. But it is all about the bottom line to most of them.

See we buy it because of the name or because It won the worlds!!! H#@$l you could come out with a trash can on wheels if it wins and you have the NAME behind it people will run out and buy them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So I will make F1 Cars Touring Cars Dirt 4X4 Buggies and maybe more. I am the only one here doing it all so bottom line will not mean much to me and as for the cars we make well I have raced for over 20 years and I put all of that into making cars one at a time. Kinda like Ferrari hand made (cnc Machining) LOL one car at a time!!!!! not some plastic production run.
Plus have you ever got a car that was missing something or damaged good luck with the big boy's out there here we deal with you one on one like you were my only customer. that is what we offer. we are out to sell racing cars!!

It is my name running around on that track as well as your pride!

Well said Marty...it all boils down to having a good design...a good designed car will surely be able to perform..there is no doubt the big boys have got good designed cars...and they keep winning races cos they can afford to get the best drivers in the world to pilot their cars...a good car in the right hands is capable of winning races..JConcepts, XFactory..they are small companies with good designed cars..they got some great guys to race their cars and look at the results...as long as you have good designed cars and good customer support...you'll have my support!!

I'm neither a Mod nor a Rocker. I'm a Mocker.

Viper R/C Solutions | Atomic Carbon CR2 LWB | Darth Tray | Losi 8IGHT 2.0-E | Tamiya TRF801X-E
Funkymojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2006, 11:23 PM   #32
Tech Master

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Thanks that is all we are looking for.

I for one can not wait to see how this car works out in cali!

Selling HPI F10 Front Knuckles and Complete Rear Axles W/Diffs Ball and Gear.
W/12mm TC Hubs & W/14mm F1 Hubs Good for std bearing Pans cars. STD Bearings!
eBay item number: 200947192161,200947193175,200947187493
Marty Peterson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2006, 11:28 PM   #33
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 113 (100%+)

Looks like a real "works" car, man- the pics look pretty good. I like it.

Was wondering about the 190mm shell (as seen on the website), I'd like to give one a try.

Powered by Hotwings, Rolling Rock, and the urge to race toy cars...
nf_ekt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2006, 11:33 PM   #34
Tech Master

VW shell is not done yet but the molds are going right now! so we will see how long it takes. ~~

Old 06-06-2006, 12:41 AM   #35
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty Peterson
First let me say here at MLP we give you a car right out of the box that you can win with. There will not be any Bling factor parts at MLP.
The car will come with all of the best parts we will not have any or many hopup parts I for one feel you should get it all on the car when you buy it.
Wow , finally a company that doesnt use it's customers as guinea pigs!

It will make an awesome change to buy a chassis with NO hopups required.
Almost unheard of

Best of luck to you!
loopedeloop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2006, 12:49 AM   #36
Tech Master

Thank you.

Old 06-06-2006, 01:30 AM   #37
Tech Master

Ok All parts are done and here it is for Now Pre-Orders Welcome!

Last edited by Marty Peterson; 08-03-2008 at 01:48 PM.
Old 06-06-2006, 01:36 AM   #38
Tech Master

one more time!

Goodnight or Good day what ever it might be for you!

Thank you for checking it out!

Old 06-06-2006, 11:53 AM   #39
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Marty, what about swaybars and spring sets? Will you have your own or will you recomend someone else's equipment?

Also what about parts support? I live in central Il, Champaign area and the racing sucks here but I will be racing at IRP. How often do you race localy?
gijoe64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2006, 01:14 PM   #40
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by gijoe64
Marty, what about swaybars and spring sets? Will you have your own or will you recomend someone else's equipment?

Also what about parts support? I live in central Il, Champaign area and the racing sucks here but I will be racing at IRP. How often do you race localy?
Spring you can use HPI Tamiya and so on I did look into springs but to spend 6000.00 for spring just didn't set to good with me down the road if I can find someone to make them then we will but for now I am running Yokomo and HPI and Tamiya all 3 fit the Shock good.

Swaybars are done!

Cool but I have not raced to much this year just a few guy's on a 1/8 scale track and testing is all I get to do any more with this car the 3 F1 cars and the up and coming dirt Buggy I am way to busy.

I am going to get out for one day at IRP and a Day at Trackside and maybe a few others and take one of each of our Cars so keep an eye on the website or just call or email me I will post a date when I have one ok.

Car will come with Ing Racing Wheels and tires!

Old 06-06-2006, 01:36 PM   #41
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Default Touring Car Kit

Mr. Peterson, I'm impressed...it seems that you are a racer for racers. Reading this thread I get the feeling that you have long studied these rc cars for a while and as a racer, understanding our point of view, have set out to make a car from a racer's point of view, and not just to make money! That's commendable and really apprecieated. Now concerning the touring car...what will the kit include besides rolling chassis? One way, spool, double ball diff, hop-ups, etc...its really #$%@ when we buy those $400 kits, and then we also have to buy sway bar kit, spool, and more aluminum hop-ups, which manufacturers seem to purposely leave out to make more money later....and replacement costs are rediculous- $20-30 for 2 arms!? Your idea seems to be the way to go! And if you see it through you'll have a lot customers!
yyhayyim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2006, 01:39 PM   #42
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 198 (100%+)

The car looks good for asphalt. But what about carpet? The chassis looks to have a bunch of flex.
dodgeguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2006, 01:48 PM   #43
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Talking

Can the car handle modified/brushless power? Is this an asphalt outdoor kit, or a carpet kit? Or maybe it can be set up for both? Also, a suggestion: PLEASE make a molded battery tray like the ones Yokomo makes for their MR4-TC BD cars...this is awesome. It saves time and can prevent disasters...
yyhayyim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2006, 01:54 PM   #44
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by yyhayyim
Mr. Peterson, I'm impressed...it seems that you are a racer for racers. Reading this thread I get the feeling that you have long studied these rc cars for a while and as a racer, understanding our point of view, have set out to make a car from a racer's point of view, and not just to make money! That's commendable and really apprecieated. Now concerning the touring car...what will the kit include besides rolling chassis? One way, spool, double ball diff, hop-ups, etc...its really #$%@ when we buy those $400 kits, and then we also have to buy sway bar kit, spool, and more aluminum hop-ups, which manufacturers seem to purposely leave out to make more money later....and replacement costs are rediculous- $20-30 for 2 arms!? Your idea seems to be the way to go! And if you see it through you'll have a lot customers!
yyhayyim Thank you.

First let me say you will get 2 diff's plus a one way diff sway bars we give you everything you need I will not make Aluminum hubs or arms I have never needed them and I never would want them for when you take the inpact point of a crash these car were designed to do so and the suspension will brake away so there is no damage to the chassis or diff's and such. When you add on the Aluminum parts all you are doing is moving the inpact point!
This is not good for the Chassis or drivetrain! I would rather spend 20.00 on a set of stock arms then need to buy a new Chassis or bulk head DIff and so on.

So in short you get all we make and will make!

I have raced a lot of cars over the years and what we give you for your dollar is more than most! This will be a car for racing.

Thank you yyhayyim

Old 06-06-2006, 01:54 PM   #45
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to squarehead Send a message via MSN to squarehead Send a message via Yahoo to squarehead Send a message via Skype™ to squarehead
Thumbs up

Nice car—I'm anxious to see how the Passat body will work. It's about time that we have a touring car body that LOOKS like an actual race car.

I'm looking forward to seeing one of these cars (and the F1) in person.

doug
squarehead is offline   Reply With Quote