R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 06-21-2006, 09:20 AM   #316
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Gonna have to pump you for more info before I go spending money on a chassis conversion for my Tamiya.... What car are you using suspension off??
DA_cookie_monst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2006, 06:54 PM   #317
Tech Master

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by DA_cookie_monst
Gonna have to pump you for more info before I go spending money on a chassis conversion for my Tamiya.... What car are you using suspension off??
chassis conversion for what?

Selling HPI F10 Front Knuckles and Complete Rear Axles W/Diffs Ball and Gear.
W/12mm TC Hubs & W/14mm F1 Hubs Good for std bearing Pans cars. STD Bearings!
eBay item number: 200947192161,200947193175,200947187493
Marty Peterson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2006, 06:57 PM   #318
Super Moderator

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 182 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty Peterson
chassis conversion for what?
i think he means that you are using suspension parts from another car, and wants to know if he can just buy the chassis and convert it himself
Marcos.J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2006, 07:13 PM   #319
Tech Master

I do not know if he can make his Tamiya into one of these I would say no it will not work like that what would there be left of the Tamiya ???? the rear diff.

If he is asking to take his Tamiya and use the suspension and lower Chassis and use the rest of this car to make the rest well send me your car or tell me what car it is and I will let you know

this is no conversion kit

I hope this helps

Last edited by Marty Peterson; 08-03-2008 at 01:47 PM.
Old 06-21-2006, 07:49 PM   #320
Tech Elite

Last edited by mxrich; 06-21-2006 at 07:52 PM. Reason: none
mxrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 01:20 AM   #321
Tech Master

Sorry, it was late, what I meant was, I have a Tamiya DF093 as a little project on-going, but it needs me to make a chassis for it to allow for adjustable suspension. What I was trying to find out, what suspension were you going to base the buggy on and any kinda time-frame so I know whether to bother carrying on with mine or not.
DA_cookie_monst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 01:41 AM   #322
Tech Master

Keep making your buggy man the more the better!

Well I have ordered the XXX4 arms and all and the AE Buggy B4 arms and stuff the Yokomo and the PREDATOR X10 Kyosho Z5 and see what I come up with. I have a good Idea and well we will see if it all works out

back when HPI came out with the PRO touring car I took my OLD HPI Touring car and used my XXX Losi suspension and may a HPILOSI and it worked real good I had to take it apart and clean it after every run

But we will see what I end up with and test it.

Old 06-22-2006, 03:49 AM   #323
Tech Master

SO who is going and what are you Running?

http://www.fastrcworlds.com/

Old 06-22-2006, 04:26 PM   #324
Tech Elite

Quote:
Well there you have it!

You could run 6 cells side by side all on one side.
you could run 3X3 at the back of the car for better rear balance left to right and the motor in the Mid Chassis
and you can have the motor in Mid Chassis and have the Batteries set up in a 4X2 and the weight in the Mid center of Chassis.

So I do not remember seeing a car you could do that with but the Corally you can change the rear drive set up if I remember right.

I guess I have been playin with F1 cars to long for I dont even know what a Academy STR pro2 is but I will check it out

Ok I checked it out yes it looks like it can move the batteries to a mid 3X3 setup
Well you have some great ideas, but the Corally Assasin (the shape shifter version) let you move the motor. You could also go to direct drive, etc. They even made a chassis where you could go to 5x1 battery configuration, but in practice, everyone found a consistent location that worked and stuck with it so it never really caught on. Another cool feature of that car and the RDx is the ability to use short or long arms. You can move the inner hinge pin to the outside or inside of the bulkhead, but like the Assasin, the short arms became standard and no one runs the longer ones. Not taking away from you, just pointing out some stuff. Keep up the good work, very interesting.
Old 06-22-2006, 04:29 PM   #325
Tech Elite

Oh and in a previous thread, you mentioned that it will come with one-way and dual ball diffs, but you never said anything about spool... or did I miss it? Anyway, if it works great on asphalt, chances are 90% of the time drivers will prefer a spool. Will a spool by available or is it converted from diff or one-way like Xray, etc.?
Old 06-22-2006, 04:36 PM   #326
Tech Elite

Oh and more questions (I've been following this thread and figured it was time to jump in):
Will the front and rear CVDs use blades? If so metal ones? In the RDX, the use of a spool puts a lot of strain on the outdrives and so they developed removable steel pins to be able to insert steel blades. The XRay uses plastic, but they wear out every few runs when running a mod motor.
What caster blocks will be available?
What about a fan mount for the motor? Almost all drivers use a fan in hot areas.
Chassis weights? Corally and XRay have them incorporated in to the design of the car, and in some cases have them recessed in to the chassis to lower CG. Can't go to any big races these days without having to add weight to be legal.
Thanks in advance.
Old 06-22-2006, 04:52 PM   #327
Tech Elite

more...
Will you be able to change the height of the diffs to adjust roll center?
How bout kick up and anti squat? I saw the hinge pin bracket, but will you have others available, and how do they affect these traits, in one degree increments? or do you use various shims? Are shims provided? If shims, is that the way to adjust toe in/out, and arm sweep? What about car width? Will it be only handled at the hinge pins with shims or different width wheel hexes? Also, what about adjusting toe-in in the rear with the hubs? I prefer to use adjustments at the hub or combination with hinge pins so that the hinge pin doesn't affect wheel base measurements or car width.

sorry, I wouldn't ask so much if I wasn't intrigued.
Old 06-22-2006, 05:10 PM   #328
Tech Master

Quote:
Ok I was going to keep this to myself and my driver and to the people that did pre-booked orders Till July 4 weekend but here it is~

What I want to do is sell one car that you could change into all 3 setup and not 3 cars This I think will be a big selling point! But this is going to be the Chassis I make for my car and my factory drivers as they test this over the next 30 days this way we will find what works better with what!

So I will be able to say this setup is better for carpet and this setup is better for high traction asphalt and this is better for low traction asphalt and so on ok

So we will see what testing comes up with and let you know!
Let me know what you think! All of this with one Car! at one price!
Thinking outside of the Box! with a new innovative design!
Don't know if anyone has pointed that out, but do you realize that on that front motor setup your car will go backwards ?
TRF415boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 05:43 PM   #329
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Yeah, it was mentioned earlier and i think he said he wsa going to drop that design for now.

I'm curious about parts availability. It's not like we can just go to our LHS and pick up belts or control arms etc. Unless of course there are parts we can use from other cars.
Old 06-22-2006, 07:03 PM   #330
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by edseb
Well you have some great ideas, but the Corally Assasin (the shape shifter version) let you move the motor. You could also go to direct drive, etc. They even made a chassis where you could go to 5x1 battery configuration, but in practice, everyone found a consistent location that worked and stuck with it so it never really caught on. Another cool feature of that car and the RDx is the ability to use short or long arms. You can move the inner hinge pin to the outside or inside of the bulkhead, but like the Assasin, the short arms became standard and no one runs the longer ones. Not taking away from you, just pointing out some stuff. Keep up the good work, very interesting.

Thanks I did not no that, I have gone over the RDX but I never tought of the assian Well we can run 5x1 and as for the suspension I guess I will need to check it out I do know of the short and long and why almost all cars have been going back and forth with this Idea.