R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 06-16-2006, 12:30 PM   #61
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hobbipro
Worth our money? lets see, we pay more now and you get a kit without a body, tire, wheels, and usually a front diff that no one uses. But even those small items aside, For example: compare a Schumacher MI2 from just 2 yrs ago, it costed me $260 and had all the "hop ups" already there, (threaded aluminum shocks, aluminum bulkheads, graphite chassis ect. You really didnt need anything else for it. Car was pretty dialed right out of the box, now that the MI2EU has come out it jumped all the way to $420! Someone please tell me what major advancement made this car go up this much, and dont tell me its the shock towers, shocks ect. I didn't cost them anymore to produce those things than it did with the original kit!
My whole point is, where did all the $250 kits go? Besides the Team TC4, and TA05 there are no kits that are REASONABILY priced to attract newcomers, or guys like me who wouldnt mind having a new 2nd car on hand. This is the downside to these high $$$ kits we have now.
The difference between an Mi2 and Mi2EC

All the suspension geometry, balance and weight distribution changes don't really cost any thing so I will only list component changes between the Mi2 the EC.

Alloy suspension mounts
Ti Hinge pins
Ti Turnbuckles
Carbon Arms
All alloy CVD's
CNC machined spool pulley
CNC machined Diff pulley
CNC machined lay shaft pulley
CNC machined Spur gear
Alloy spur gear adapter
Hard anodized alloy ultralight spool
New Precision bearings
Better screws
Alloy countersunk washers every were
All new Teflon Nickle shock with CNC Machined Pistons, spacers, bushings, It Nitride coated Ti shafts and low friction o-rings
Lightened alloy Diff housings and motor mount
New Narrow alloy wheel hexes
New front hubs
New rear hubs
New Pro springs

The old Mi2 was $299.99 the New EC is $419.00. The team and most serious racers would add about $400 in hop ups to the old Mi2. The Mi2EC adds all the hop ups and more for a $120 price increase.

Sorry to hijack this thread but he asked!
AdrianM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2006, 01:49 PM   #62
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

yeah I think I probably had about 3 hundred extra in my MI2. I think I have about 100 extra in the EC and that was strictly preference (ex: PDub bumper, aluminum rear body mounts, TIR Worlds CVD's, Alum Shock mounts)
Old 06-16-2006, 01:52 PM   #63
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by burbs
Because brushless motor get hot.. they have a thermal setting and when the motor or esc hits that point it shuts down.. heatsinks or fans allow higher gearing for more speed.. without things being cooler you would have to gear lower because of the thermal setting.. Heat is resistance, which isnt efficient..
Exactly, two words explain him using a heat sink on the car like that, Thermal Shutdown. He already had to deal with that a couple of times at the last Novak race in Janurary(& that was in a MUCH cooler environment), stopped his car dead on the straight & it was plowed into by another car & shredded both times. Something tells me he doesn't wanna see that happen to the new prototypes(& as others have already said, he does in fact run the LRP brushless stuff, not Novak)....

Go Pokes!!!
Grizzbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2006, 02:16 PM   #64
Tech Adept

Re-release the old car...One of the best tc's EVER!!!

Lana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2006, 03:21 AM   #65
Tech Regular

The Academy STR4PRO2 at under $300 will push all the other manufacturers to keep there prices real.
Most kits these days are over kill..
Oh and that clown who states he got a SBV2 for $550 AU paid $350 AU and ended up keeping it once he realised it performs.
I wish people wouldnt talk crap!
Attached Thumbnails
New Asso tc5 ???-academyreview06.jpg  
PerformanceRC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2006, 10:53 PM   #66
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PerformanceRC
The Academy STR4PRO2 at under $300 will push all the other manufacturers to keep there prices real.
Most kits these days are over kill..
Oh and that clown who states he got a SBV2 for $550 AU paid $350 AU and ended up keeping it once he realised it performs.
I wish people wouldnt talk crap!
I agree, prices of the kits today are going higher and higher...
racenut is offline   Reply With Quote