R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 06-03-2006, 08:11 PM   #31
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to justin lessard

hey Mike-you gona be at durham on sunday?..as usual,If you have a motor I can use,I'll run mod with ya
justin lessard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2006, 08:26 PM   #32
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ralph_c
That's probably the stupidest comment I've heard in a long time. You're basing that entirely on the fact is has a silver aluminium rear bulkhead on the prototype . It might not even be silver on the production car anyway, and I don't see any other xray specific features on there. Its not like the xray has delrin wishbones and outdrives.

I like the T2, but there's no way you can say the new AE is a copy because it has the same color bulkheads, made of the same material as every other decent car out there.

relax, all he said is it looks like an xray. And yes it does look similar to an xray from that angle.

I am an xray man myself, but it is nice to see associated looking for something better. good luck to them.
sharkman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2006, 09:23 PM   #33
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rayhuang
Heres a thought-who gives a flying ---k what it looks like as long as it works this time...for Associated's sake!!
!!!!!!!

Total agreement...
bvoltz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2006, 05:45 PM   #34
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

too many people worry about what a new car will look like and not how it will perform. for someone like me all i want is a car with adjustibility and not just the typical things only, everything. and the key there is to be able to make those adjustments with minimal disassembly. fine increments is where i feel most comfortable but not everyone can function with that type of adjustability, so with that in mind companies such as ae and others as well will do what they think is best to make the car as comfortable to the consumer as they can, of course with the exception of some others who think they can make a car good by making it different from all the rest and in the end it sucks cause its not practical. i think we should all be thankfull for the effort that ae makes with their product, and besides we all know that with the right settings we can win more races. true fact ... i beat many with an fk05 then the next weekend i came out with the older tc4 and did the same against the same people, i knew then i didn't need to be upgrading my cars every month i just needed to drive!!!
Old 06-11-2006, 12:00 AM   #35
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default AE TC5

I think it will be interesting to see how a "belted" sedan from the boys and girls at AE will stand in comparisons to the other belt cars. Maybe they will be the first company to build a belt drive sedan that does not require disassembling the entire chassis to work on the belt(s). That would be nice.

llamont
llamont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2006, 12:54 AM   #36
Tech Adept

Send a message via AIM to Mongo Send a message via Yahoo to Mongo

Did anyone save the photo? The website is now down. Was this a new photo unlike the ones in the other two threads?
Mongo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2006, 01:24 AM   #37
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by llamont
Maybe they will be the first company to build a belt drive sedan that does not require disassembling the entire chassis to work on the belt(s). That would be nice.

llamont
tamiya already did it with the ta05.
414play is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2006, 01:45 AM   #38
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

If Associated builds an effective belt car to run with the RDXs and T2s at 1/3rd less cost, they will rule the sedan market.

Plus it'll be nice to have replacement parts that I can actually afford. I mean c'mon...low roll center blocks for the RDX ran $8 each times 8?!?!?

$64 bucks for 2mm all around is simply STUPID. THATS why my RDX became a Helicopter...

I hope Associated can restore some sanity to the sedan market. As $400 and up is just too much to pay for both myself and ALOT of other people.

-Me
Soviet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2006, 10:51 PM   #39
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soviet
If Associated builds an effective belt car to run with the RDXs and T2s at 1/3rd less cost, they will rule the sedan market.

Plus it'll be nice to have replacement parts that I can actually afford. I mean c'mon...low roll center blocks for the RDX ran $8 each times 8?!?!?

$64 bucks for 2mm all around is simply STUPID. THATS why my RDX became a Helicopter...

I hope Associated can restore some sanity to the sedan market. As $400 and up is just too much to pay for both myself and ALOT of other people.
Only time will tell........
racenut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2006, 04:34 AM   #40
Tech Apprentice

Send a message via MSN to buzz06

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soviet

You pay the money though because they are well built cars. The cheaper the cars become the worse the build quality is!

You decide, do you want a cheap thing that works when it wants or something that you can trust week in week out?
buzz06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2006, 01:10 PM   #41
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Honestly, the cars from 3-4 yrs ago had the build quality. Tamiya, and yokomo always did, as did Xray, Schumacher ect. The cost is very high these days mostly due to R&D. It seems like manufacturese are taking upwards to 2 yrs to test and put a sedan out, I guess you could say we're paying for cars we almost had, until the final product.
I do agree the price has become too high just so you can go .01's faster. I know from experience that when you scape the wall or other drivers that .01's you paid for doesnt mean squat! Some of these manufacturers need a reality check, and see that they've created, a highly specialized, expensive segment thats turning people away. What ever happened to the $200 sedan you could upgrade as your skills increased? Now there all pushing $350-$400.
Hopefully AE can get the job done much cheeper. If they want to copy one of the best in the business, or build upon one, hey thats fine with me! Take it to the next level, less time R&Ding the thing, make it faster, and cheeper. I'm tired of the $10 per A-arm thing.
My only request form AE is: Please, please include real shocks with bladders in the next car! For gosh sake, copy Tamiya shocks if you have too
hobbipro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2006, 01:46 PM   #42
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

I don't mind the $400.00 price tag as long as the car comes with everything....I mean who wants to spend 400 and then have to get a different chassis and different this different that.
Old 06-15-2006, 02:10 PM   #43
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Barry
I don't mind the $400.00 price tag as long as the car comes with everything....I mean who wants to spend 400 and then have to get a different chassis and different this different that.
Completely agree. I haven't had to buy any "special" or "hop-up" parts for my MI2EC. And it works just fine.
Sanabria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2006, 11:03 PM   #44
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Barry

Im with you, It must be worth our money...
racenut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2006, 02:30 AM   #45
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Worth our money? lets see, we pay more now and you get a kit without a body, tire, wheels, and usually a front diff that no one uses. But even those small items aside, For example: compare a Schumacher MI2 from just 2 yrs ago, it costed me $260 and had all the "hop ups" already there, (threaded aluminum shocks, aluminum bulkheads, graphite chassis ect. You really didnt need anything else for it. Car was pretty dialed right out of the box, now that the MI2EU has come out it jumped all the way to $420! Someone please tell me what major advancement made this car go up this much, and dont tell me its the shock towers, shocks ect. I didnt cost them anymore to produce those things than it did with the original kit!
My whole point is, where did all the $250 kits go? Besides the Team TC4, and TA05 there are no kits that are REASONABILY priced to attract newcomers, or guys like me who wouldnt mind having a new 2nd car on hand. This is the downside to these high $$$ kits we have now.
hobbipro is offline   Reply With Quote