R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 06-02-2006, 11:17 AM   #16
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Actually when i talke to hara and thad at cleveland the year they had the prototype they where using tc3 diffs as well )

Anyway are we not way passed this crap about saying the car is a copy of this and that?? I mean common, the 12th scale gang dont even do that and the associated front end in common on almost all 12th scale cars! LOL

I remember when the first xray came out guys where saying its a copy of the PRO2!! WTF? Oh ya cuz it had 2 belts! What ever!

Lets call a copy a copy when it actually is.
Old 06-02-2006, 11:29 AM   #17
Tech Elite

Location: MOOD;; feeling good not racing ,saving shed loads of money,lovely Tan i have aswell

`i`m looking forward to see what AE have to offer
also it not a xray copy ,it will be far better when it come`s out
if they copy xray they will get ton`s of complaint`s

instead of having bad carma about this `new` car let`s have some love man
MR JOLLY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2006, 11:30 AM   #18
Tech Elite

Location: MOOD;; feeling good not racing ,saving shed loads of money,lovely Tan i have aswell

Quote:
Originally Posted by DA_cookie_monst
Dunno how you guys get excited by a photo of the rear of the car with shell on... jeees.... looks like an Xray... roflol.
cos the UK guy`s like looking at arse`s
MR JOLLY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2006, 12:18 PM   #19
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to burbs Send a message via Yahoo to burbs

Take a look at any pan car out there weather it be oval or road course.. You can only re invent the wheel so much with what they have to work with..Just because something mounts similar doesnt mean its a copy... Even if it is.. big deal.. if im makeing a car, im going to take every good idea out there from every other car and pile it into one car..Thats how this game works..

I mean c-mon oh my God weell guess what there all 4 wheel drive, so i guess there copies of the olf yokomo dirt cars, or the custom works dominator or the old tamiya so and so.. You guys really sound lame.. Id like to see anyone of you try and design your own car, without using something from another..

Noe Belts, no shafts, no hex wheel adapters, no shocks, tie rods, bearings ect.. cause remeber those are already used on current cars.. Lets see what we come up with..
burbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2006, 12:48 PM   #20
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by burbs
Take a look at any pan car out there weather it be oval or road course.. You can only re invent the wheel so much with what they have to work with..Just because something mounts similar doesnt mean its a copy... Even if it is.. big deal.. if im makeing a car, im going to take every good idea out there from every other car and pile it into one car..Thats how this game works..

I mean c-mon oh my God weell guess what there all 4 wheel drive, so i guess there copies of the olf yokomo dirt cars, or the custom works dominator or the old tamiya so and so.. You guys really sound lame.. Id like to see anyone of you try and design your own car, without using something from another..

Noe Belts, no shafts, no hex wheel adapters, no shocks, tie rods, bearings ect.. cause remeber those are already used on current cars.. Lets see what we come up with..

Yea, what the hell, they all have four wheels too. Total rip-off artists!!!
KSKT Racing - #1 in SK Racing Chassis
Darkside Motorsports - "WE ARE WHAT'S NEXT." - www.darksidems.com
THE DARKSIDE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2006, 12:55 PM   #21
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

maybe associated should attach the arm mounts to the body!! that'd be different... lets see, you can attach them to the chassis or the bulkhead... who should they copy?.. bunch of tards i tell ya'..

Turns out not where, but who your with that really matters... DMB
tallyrc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2006, 01:10 PM   #22
Tech Adept

Default Copies??

Remember, it's a proto- type, every manufactuer in the world builds proto-types to test. Me, I'm waiting to see the finished product not a pre-production unit, then I'll decide whether to buy one. Some of you guys take this stuff way to serious, the folks at AE will tell us commoners what they've got when they're ready. I do think it'll be better or they wouldn't bother.
lumberjak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2006, 04:20 PM   #23
Tech Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by lumberjak
Remember, it's a proto- type, every manufactuer in the world builds proto-types to test. Me, I'm waiting to see the finished product not a pre-production unit, then I'll decide whether to buy one. Some of you guys take this stuff way to serious, the folks at AE will tell us commoners what they've got when they're ready. I do think it'll be better or they wouldn't bother.

you're right! I think also it's a proto-type....and it's normal : Ifmar Worlds are coming soon
starwars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2006, 05:04 PM   #24
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

It doesnt really matter if this car looks like that car or whatever, im just glad that AE is making an effort to go belt. Makes me want to buy an AE again.
I just hope its cheaper than all the other high end belt cars. Also, I hope that it doesnt come with a tub chassis....oi

Finally something to look forward to.
Old 06-03-2006, 09:58 AM   #25
Tech Elite

What a bunch of HATERS!!! If you're not running a JRX-S, you're running nothing more than a revision of a TC3, or some evolution of the 415. I think many of you are just upset because you bought RDX's or X-Rays along with the scads of crap needed to make them work, and you know that the AE version of the 415 will be substantially less expensive.
Team CRC, PowerPush, Access Race Place, US Indoor Champs, CD SUPERPRO, RK Designs, TxDSkingraphix, Cypress, Founder and lead instructor of the Ian Ruggles Negative Reinforcement Driver Training Program, enroll now.....
CypressMidWest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2006, 01:20 PM   #26
sac
Tech Regular

Default copy cat!

Before anybody can make comments on this car or what car it is copied from , here is a little something to thinks about.
As for the ones that say it's a copy of a X-RAY or RDX you must be new to the hobby.The reason i say this is because before xray and rdx's there were cars such as kawada alcyon ,early tamiya belt and shaft cars ,hpi pro belt cars ,shumachers and yokomo who ALL had cars that would look like the newer generation cars like xray and rdx'x,and were out years before those cars .Most of these cars would still be competitive and still look like they could be sold today.
So what i trying to say is before anybody says they are copying xray and corrally just remember who copied who!! as for the new AE car, people should just wait until there is more information out before passing judgement or the "who copied who" statement.
sac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2006, 03:15 PM   #27
ml
Tech Apprentice

Send a message via AIM to ml Send a message via Yahoo to ml Send a message via Skype™ to ml
Smile

Ian as the voice of reason, the apocalypse must be near...
ml is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2006, 04:12 PM   #28
Tech Elite

Yes Mike, the end is near.......

1. me speaking as the voice of reason
2. ROAR beginning to listen to its' constituents (sp?)
3. AE building a belt car

Here we have three of the seven signs of the apocalypse.
Team CRC, PowerPush, Access Race Place, US Indoor Champs, CD SUPERPRO, RK Designs, TxDSkingraphix, Cypress, Founder and lead instructor of the Ian Ruggles Negative Reinforcement Driver Training Program, enroll now.....
CypressMidWest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2006, 04:35 PM   #29
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

mike said there was no belt car.. like a good team man he too took the company line.. so mike, when you getting one we can poke at...

Turns out not where, but who your with that really matters... DMB
tallyrc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2006, 07:28 PM   #30
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to rayhuang

Heres a thought-who gives a flying ---k what it looks like as long as it works this time...for Associated's sake!!
rayhuang is offline   Reply With Quote