R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-31-2006, 08:16 AM   #1
Tech Master
 
nikkiesteban's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 1,649
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to nikkiesteban
Default inputs eagle cdc v6.0/b

is this normal for eagle cdc v6.0/b that the packs are charged sooo hot... i even changed it into very low thermal cut off like 3mv..

post your comments here positive and negative...
nikkiesteban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2006, 08:28 AM   #2
Tech Elite
 
sosidge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Bristol, UK
Posts: 3,865
Default

Unfortunately, yes, it does get the packs hot. This is the main reason I got rid of mine six months ago in favour of the Much-More Cell Master.

The Eagle was a good choice two or three years ago, but has been surpassed by many other chargers now.
sosidge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2006, 08:37 AM   #3
Tech Master
 
nikkiesteban's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 1,649
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to nikkiesteban
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sosidge
Unfortunately, yes, it does get the packs hot. This is the main reason I got rid of mine six months ago in favour of the Much-More Cell Master.

The Eagle was a good choice two or three years ago, but has been surpassed by many other chargers now.
thanks for that.. any inputs are welcome.. pos or neg..
nikkiesteban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2006, 09:34 AM   #4
Tech Champion
 
rc-zombies's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: NorCal. Napa area
Posts: 7,212
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

yes..it runs hot.
I place my cells on top of a fan to keep them cool..

hopefully when the new 16x512 3step charger gets released
it will charge cooler.
__________________
HB WCE HARA EDITION CYCLONE: LRP Sphere TC, KO 2363 digital servo.
HB HARA EDITION PRO4: Gone to a new home..

SPEEDTECH|FUTABA|KO|ORION|SPEEDWORLD|HARA
rc-zombies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2006, 04:06 PM   #5
Tech Master
 
nikkiesteban's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 1,649
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to nikkiesteban
Default

does this charger usually the backlit goes out??? because i just plugged in my friends cdc 6/b2 then after a few seconds the backlit went out..
nikkiesteban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2006, 08:51 PM   #6
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Posts: 3,117
Trader Rating: 68 (100%+)
Default

my backlight did go out on occassion, but it goes back on after a while. i notice that this happens when i use the 20amp discharge and not put a fan on the charger.

after more than a year of use, my cdc went dead and i had it sent back to HK (i think) for repair. when i got it, the backlight issue never returned. i guess they upgraded it or something
marvi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2006, 10:57 PM   #7
Tech Master
 
nikkiesteban's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 1,649
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to nikkiesteban
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvi
my backlight did go out on occassion, but it goes back on after a while. i notice that this happens when i use the 20amp discharge and not put a fan on the charger.

after more than a year of use, my cdc went dead and i had it sent back to HK (i think) for repair. when i got it, the backlight issue never returned. i guess they upgraded it or something
thanx bro.. im from philippines to.. hehehe
how much the shipping costs?? who will be the one to shoulder the shipping when the charger will be going back to you??
nikkiesteban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2006, 12:16 AM   #8
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 38
Default

For charging with CDC , u need some fan to reduce temp of batt.
khunballz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2006, 04:43 AM   #9
Tech Fanatic
 
rayman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Catch me if you can!
Posts: 741
Default

Pre, i have this charger ac/dc version. It chargers a little hotter than my ce pitbull but nothing to worry about. I'm not sure if its ok to put a fan on your batts while charging. The internal temp is high but the outside is cool. Some peeps in this forum said dont do it.
backlit is still fine after this long but the ac is dead so its a big piece of "portable" ac dc charger.
rayman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2006, 08:11 AM   #10
Tech Master
 
nikkiesteban's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 1,649
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to nikkiesteban
Default

how about the D2 charger of eagle racing??? any news??? how does it charge the packs??
nikkiesteban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2006, 09:36 AM   #11
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Posts: 3,117
Trader Rating: 68 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikkiesteban
thanx bro.. im from philippines to.. hehehe
how much the shipping costs?? who will be the one to shoulder the shipping when the charger will be going back to you??
i paid P2,000.00+ for everything (parts/labor/shipping), but a big chunk of that amount was shipping. i got it in about a month or less. a friend of mine had the older version (non backlit) and we had ours sent to HK at the same time. he also paid about the same amount (his charger's problem was just shut down)
marvi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2006, 04:21 PM   #12
Tech Master
 
nikkiesteban's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 1,649
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to nikkiesteban
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvi
i paid P2,000.00+ for everything (parts/labor/shipping), but a big chunk of that amount was shipping. i got it in about a month or less. a friend of mine had the older version (non backlit) and we had ours sent to HK at the same time. he also paid about the same amount (his charger's problem was just shut down)
oh ok sir. thanx...
nikkiesteban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2006, 08:57 AM   #13
Tech Master
 
nikkiesteban's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 1,649
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to nikkiesteban
Default

before i forgot.,., do any of you already used the EAGLE D2 chargeR?
nikkiesteban is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Futaba Fasst Receiver inputs Brad S. Radio and Electronics 1 06-22-2008 03:37 PM
Any inputs on the Spectrum DX2 set ? nikkor Singapore R/C Racers 8 10-26-2006 02:00 AM
we need your inputs V1R Oval, Larger Scales and More 0 06-06-2006 04:24 AM
Carpet Racing - Need your inputs pls. badboy Rookie Zone 8 08-04-2005 01:04 AM
Eagle CDC 6.0/B Mossie Australian Racing 4 02-03-2004 05:09 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 10:50 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net