R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 05-29-2006, 08:53 AM   #16
Tech Regular

the TA05 is an excellent car. good all round performance. good bang for buck. lots of hop ups available. depending on how much you wanna spend, the car fully hopped up can become more expensive that the 415MSX or Evo IV MS.

i got my TA05 and raced it stock standard box setup and was very pleased with it.

i still rate my EVO IV MS as a better car though. but you can't compare the two...chalk and cheese.

Futaba 3PKS with FASST

>>>Knowledge is Power<<<
RocketRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2006, 10:38 AM   #17
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

I know a few drivers that prefer their TA05 over their 415 msx and their evo4 ms.. Their TA05's have all the hop ups (about $450 counting the car) but they are fast and beating the T2's and RDX's. One of the guys is a really good driver though. If Jason started making a chassis for one I would buy a TA05.. From what I have seen it's a great starter car that can be made very competitive. Cheap entry car (novice class) and as your skills improve(sportsman class) you can hop it up a little bit at a time, You dont have to spend $400 + on just a car to start racing. Buy good electronics and hop it up as you go..
Oasis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2006, 01:13 PM   #18
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxxkat
I know a few drivers that prefer their TA05 over their 415 msx and their evo4 ms.. Their TA05's have all the hop ups (about $450 counting the car) but they are fast and beating the T2's and RDX's. One of the guys is a really good driver though. If Jason started making a chassis for one I would buy a TA05.. From what I have seen it's a great starter car that can be made very competitive. Cheap entry car (novice class) and as your skills improve(sportsman class) you can hop it up a little bit at a time, You dont have to spend $400 + on just a car to start racing. Buy good electronics and hop it up as you go..
I agree.
Had mine out for its 1st run this weekend and was surprised at its speed and handling. Box stock except for 3 racing alloy shocks.
This is a great car.
loopedeloop is offline   Reply With Quote