Search

European Championships WarmUp Race - Germany

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2006, 01:41 PM
Tech Rookie

Default European Championships WarmUp Race - Germany

Hi,
first of all, sorry for my bad english.
I try to bring you some information about the 2006 EFRA European Championship WarmUp Race from Türkheim / Germany.
You can found some Pictures and Information @ www.rc-racecars.de or www.rc-racecars.com.

At this moment we don`t have i-net on the track, that`s why i can post only in the evening. i upload already some pictures in the " gallery ".

tomorrow the first results are coming. all the brushless systems running verry fast, the most drivers use brushless.

for example: the fastest 1/10 scale nitro car drives 13,9x ( it`s record on the track ) seconds and the brushless electric are now 14,2x. this morning was raining, in afternoon is dry. but the track have not so much grip.

regards,
oliver
Old 05-26-2006, 02:17 PM
Tech Master

Thanks Oliver.
Please bring in some pictures of cars as well.
Old 05-26-2006, 02:27 PM
Tech Rookie

nice to see you here in this forum olli.........hm......... remember me?
currently im thinking about watching the finals irl in tuerkheim on sunday.....
Old 05-26-2006, 02:43 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by cst09955
nice to see you here in this forum olli.........hm......... remember me?
... i don`t know. What`s your name?

regards,
oliver
Old 05-27-2006, 12:58 PM
Tech Rookie

UPDATE

I have the result after 4 heats are online now.

www.rc-racecars.de or www.rc-racecars.com

Also some new pictures.
2 heats are complete dry, 1 heat in heavy rain and 1 heat changing between rain and dry.
Tomorrow is only 1 heat more, because the wheater is not so good, 90% rain.

But the guys have a lot of fun in the rain
Old 05-27-2006, 03:23 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Is this the compleate list or is it only 13 drivers??

http://www.rc-racecars.com/resources...p_modified.jpg
Old 05-27-2006, 11:00 PM
Tech Rookie

... yes, only 13 Drivers.
Old 05-28-2006, 06:27 AM
Tech Regular

Hi,

I'm just back from the track and have some pictures with me.
But perhaps some of you are also interested in the things that happened at the track.

First -and most important- thing is that the race is cancelled because of too much rain. The results of the heats wwer taken and counted as the official race result. Some of the guys of the Warm Up wanted to race (Anderson, Myrberg, Wilck, Groskamp had already prepared their rain cars).
The result is:
Kramer, Michael Xray T2
Myrberg, Andreas Xray T2
Groskamp, Jilles Xray T2
Hoppe, Lars Corally RDX

Unfortunately I can't remember the rest of the A-Final. Sorry... But this is because of some major problems with the lap counting system. They used the new "Aebi" software... and to be honest it didn't work at all. This is the only thing that didn't work at this weekend.
Everything else was nearly perfect. Toilets were clean, food was very good, track was perfect.

The result of the regionals that took place at the same weekend is:
Modified:
Martin Hudy Xray T2
Bernhard Bopp Hotbodies Cyclone
Alexander Stocker Xray T2

Stock:
Patrick Reich Schumacher MI2 EC
Mario DiMichele Hotbodies Cyclone
Adi Langenegger Yokomo BD

Perhaps something about the Brushless vs. Brushed discussion:
Ralf Helbing, developer for GM-Racing, was there to support everyone with a GM brushless system. The fastest guys with GM BL's were Alexander Stocker, Michael Kramer, Christian Geier, Daniel Wohlgemuth.
Andy Krämer for LRP was there to test new motors with Bernhard Bopp, Daniel Sieber, an Austrian and also at least one Xray driver had the system in their cars.
Also Orion motor man Oscar Jansen was there at Saturday and their BL system seems to be a mix of a GM ESC and a LRP motor. Their system was ran by Victor Wilck and Joel Myrberg. But both of them switched back to brushed motors.

Perhaps something about the heats. Unfortunately I can only write something about the first group because I drove in the 3rd group and had to prepare my car after watching the first group:
The first heat was very funny because the only one who finished was Jilles Groskamp.
Juray Hudy crashed with Joel Myrberg and the rest of the field dumped with the exception of Christian Kaltenmesser who had trouble with his rear differential.
The second and third heat seemed to be fine for everybody.
After the 3rd heat of group 4 it started to rain and noone drover the last heat on Saturday of group one. Noone? No.. Joel Myrberg pushed his car around the track and seemed to be very fast. The only comment of Alexander Stocker about this was "Hudy Luxury 1/10 PowerBoat".
After the heats on Saturday the weather was amazing and me and 2 other guys practiced until 10 o'clock PM.

On Sunday morning the weather was nice but a bit cloudy. Right in time for the first heat it started to rain. And it didn't stop...
After the decision was made to cancel the race I tested my rain car and it was pretty dialed... Joel Myrberg was on the track aswell and seemed to have real fun driving through the water.

Cheers
Chris
Old 05-28-2006, 06:30 AM
Tech Regular

1: The new IB4200 Michael Schumacher Edition
2: Dont't get confused by the "102.3 degree Celsius"... my temp sensor is damaged
3: Rain
4: Rain
5: Rain
Attached Thumbnails European Championships WarmUp Race - Germany-cimg1800.jpg   European Championships WarmUp Race - Germany-cimg1801.jpg   European Championships WarmUp Race - Germany-cimg1803.jpg   European Championships WarmUp Race - Germany-cimg1808.jpg   European Championships WarmUp Race - Germany-cimg1809.jpg  

Old 05-28-2006, 06:36 AM
Tech Regular

1: Rain
2: Water
3: Winners Stock
4: Winners Pro10
5: Winners Modified
Attached Thumbnails European Championships WarmUp Race - Germany-cimg1810.jpg   European Championships WarmUp Race - Germany-cimg1814.jpg   European Championships WarmUp Race - Germany-cimg1817.jpg   European Championships WarmUp Race - Germany-cimg1820.jpg   European Championships WarmUp Race - Germany-cimg1821.jpg  

Old 05-28-2006, 06:39 AM
Tech Regular

1: Practice is everything, even in the rain
2: Winners Euro WarmUp
3: Orion Brushless
4: Rain Car Team Xray
5: Rain Car Team Xray
Attached Thumbnails European Championships WarmUp Race - Germany-cimg1825.jpg   European Championships WarmUp Race - Germany-cimg1831.jpg   European Championships WarmUp Race - Germany-cimg1833.jpg   European Championships WarmUp Race - Germany-cimg1836.jpg   European Championships WarmUp Race - Germany-cimg1837.jpg  

Old 05-28-2006, 06:42 AM
Tech Regular

1: Jilles Rain Car

Something I recognized at some cars of Team Xray:
They didn't use the polished weights you can screw in but long weights in the middle of the chassis underneath the belts.
Attached Thumbnails European Championships WarmUp Race - Germany-cimg1838.jpg  
Old 05-28-2006, 09:35 AM
Tech Regular

Hi,

WarmUp:
1. Michael Kramer
2. Andreas Myrberg
3. Jilles Groskamp
4. Lars Hoppe
5. Viktor Wilk
6. Daniel Sieber
7. Joel Myrberg
8. Christian Schamp
9. Pascal Schoenrock
10. Juraj Hudy
11. Christian Kaltenmesser
12. Jonas Andersson
13. Christian Holmstroem

Stock:
1. Patrick Reich
2. Mario Di Michele
3. Adi Langenegger
4. Florian Ring
5. Peter Deggelmann
6. Thomas Günsel
7. Dirk Endres
8. Daniel Satorius
9. Martin Neunkirchner
10. Alex Noll

Cheers
Chris
Old 05-28-2006, 12:32 PM
Tech Master

Speedy, do you happen to have any more info on the GM brushless system, how did they look??
Old 05-28-2006, 12:40 PM
Tech Regular

Hi,

I have first hand infos. I drove one aswell.
All the team drivers used the IFMAR motors with 4.5T or 5.5T with 350+ watts.
I used the EVO2 6T which developed with IB4200 around 330 watts.
The system I used was sensorless, the IFMAR motors have sensors. But I had no problem at all with control or power. I got my system on wednesday and drove it like I got it. I changed nothing in the setup. For the enxt regionals I'll have the PC cable with me and will play a bit with different settings.
For pictures you can go in the Yokomo BD thread and watch out for the pictures I posted a few pages ago. Or you go to www.gm-racing.de and look at the Xrays of the team drivers.

Cheers
Chris

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.