R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 07-18-2006, 10:42 PM   #16
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sim600
Arrrggghhh!

Now I'm having the same problem. Charged it and it won't come on.

Pretty upset about it. I used to use an MX-3 and have never had any problems with charging through the transmitter. "Upgraded" to an M-11 and it's stopped working after a month. Took it back to the seller and he immediately went on the defensive and said I should never have charged it through the transmitter and now it's going to cost me a bomb to send it to and back from Japan for some guy in a factory to replace the fuse or the charge jack.

Not happy.
Well, it's not the seller's fault if it worked fine when you got it.
XrayFK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2006, 11:46 PM   #17
Tech Master

Send a message via MSN to richey

Quote:
Originally Posted by sim600
Arrrggghhh!

Now I'm having the same problem. Charged it and it won't come on.

Pretty upset about it. I used to use an MX-3 and have never had any problems with charging through the transmitter. "Upgraded" to an M-11 and it's stopped working after a month. Took it back to the seller and he immediately went on the defensive and said I should never have charged it through the transmitter and now it's going to cost me a bomb to send it to and back from Japan for some guy in a factory to replace the fuse or the charge jack.

Not happy.
I don't know where you live but Airtronics has a service center in Anaheim, send it there and they will fix it for you. It sounds like a short of somekind, these things happen.
JoshStevensFoundation.org
richey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2006, 12:04 AM   #18
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to sim600

You are right. It's not their fault. I didn't go back there to scream at them. I went there to seek their opinions. But you should have seen the look on their faces when I said I charged the battery that way. Immediately, the customer was The Culprit. It was as though I said I ate babies.

I'd bought things there before and they'd always been friendly when things were working out, but as soon as we ran into this problem, it was all frowns and shaking heads and wagging fingers. It was not my idea of a good shopping experience.

When I bought the unit, I commented that it didn't have a battery tray for AA's and the seller said he didn't see why I'd want one as it already has an 8-cell pack. I just wished that as I was forking out the cash, he'd mention that btw, don't use the included Sanwa charger to charge the included Sanwa battery through the Sanwa transmitter like it says to do so in the Sanwa manual.

If I was told before I made the purchase, that the charger was strictly to be used as a paperweight only, then fine, I agree that I'm the idiot and I committed an RC crime for which the punishment is eternal ridicule every time I step back into their shop.

But in the current situation, I think they were just a little bit hasty in their judgement. Anyway, they're trying to help me out of it, which I appreciate - but not before telling me it was entirely my fault, which I don't appreciate. In the end, it's going to set me back another US$80 or so to send it to and from Japan and Sanwa is not paying a single cent of that as far as I understand.

I'm actually really more disappointed at Sanwa because I've had 2 sets of MX-3s which worked flawlessly in the past no matter how I charged them (on the battery tray for AA's that it DID come with).
Old 07-19-2006, 12:13 AM   #19
Tech Master

Oh ya, I'm in Malaysia. It's closer to Japan than the US. I know it's going to cost a lot of money either way but thanks for the info. It might actually be cheaper to send to the USA. I'll check it out.
Old 07-19-2006, 09:18 AM   #20
Tech Master

You guys are not going to believe this - I got it working again! And the way I did it is so stupid, you guys better brace yourselves before you read on.

I took it out of the box again and plugged back in the charging jack and pulled it back out and then tried to turn it on again but it didn't come on. I had already tried that a few times since it stopped working, hoping against hope that it would somehow come back to life, but I have to tell you after about a half dozen times, there wasn't much hope left to hang on to.

Anyway, I thought WTH, I'll give it one last try before I put it back into the box and then, the screen came on! I'm not touching that charge jack ever again. I turned it on and off a couple more times and it seems to be working fine now.

Gonna use it as much as I can for the next few days to see if there are any more problems. Will bring the MX-3 along to all the races I am attending for the next few weekends as a backup.

You wouldn't believe how close I came to sending it to Japan for US$80 for some guy to do what I just did (plug in, plug out, switch on) and send it back to Malaysia. I had actually even given the TX back to the seller yesterday to return it to Japan via Singapore and only decided to take it back today to have one last look at it myself.

So the conclusion is that the switch that cuts off power when the charger is plugged in was sticky. I am very happy I get to use it again but I cannot say that my confidence in the quality of this transmitter has been unaffected.

Thanks for all the help, advice and support, guys.
Old 07-19-2006, 09:51 AM   #21
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)

i have had the same thing happen a few times,I just wiggled the charger end when I remove it from the radio.Some times if you shake the radio it will make it glitch on and off so I cleaned it with a q tip and some contact cleaner,no more problem !
MonkeyButt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2006, 05:48 PM   #22
Tech Master

Thanks for the tip. I think I might give it a shake and see if I need to do that too.
Old 03-10-2008, 05:36 PM   #23
Tech Apprentice

Default Fuse Amps

Anyone knows the value (Amps) of the M11 fuse?

Thanks

Fernando
Fernando_M is offline   Reply With Quote