R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 01-08-2003, 10:31 AM   #16
Tech Apprentice

SEABALL TRY THIS WAX LUBERICANT CALLED WHITE LIGHTING
SELF CLEANING WAX LUBERCANT THE LABEL SAYS PATENED DIRT
"SHEDDING" FORMULA. u CAN PICK THIS UP AT YOUR LOCA BIKE
SHOP I PAID 7 BUCKS FOR A 4 OZ BOTTLE THIS WORKS REAL WELL. POPS THIS MIGHT WORK ON CDV JOINTS JUST FORGOT ABOUT IT HAVEN'T RAN TC3 IN A WHILE THIS WAS A PEFORMANCE TIP ABOUT 2 YEARS AGO. ITS MADE FOR BIKE CHAINS AND DERAILERS TO LUBE BUT NOT ATTRACT DIRT AND DUST...........................BUBBA Sorry for the caps not paying attentionthis is what i used in tc3 diff with great sucess

Last edited by bubbaicm; 01-08-2003 at 10:36 AM.
bubbaicm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2003, 11:49 AM   #17
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally posted by popsracer
The lubricants reduces FRICTION. Friction is what causes heat build-up and wear. ]
is that not what i said? reduce friction, reduce heat. or to reduce heat reduce friction?

sv
schumacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2003, 07:03 PM   #18
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Chris- I've been running carpet every now and then, but can't wait til asphalt starts up and I can quit getting high off the paragon! The c4.1 would be pretty neat shaft drive. I like pivot balls, but agree they are alot of unsprung weight. I've used that white lightning and some newer formulas like it, but my tc3 drivetrains were always the free-est without any lube. The tc3 is the best carpet stock car just cause of the shaft, you can't argue with that!

I've never had an outdrive or dogbone get worn out. I've ran off-road, on-road, carpet, nitro, and they just don't wear on any of my cars. So I definitely would not use lube on them... I've got some of those boots too, but unless your running in the mud, they will just add drag.
pimpedaccord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2003, 07:20 PM   #19
Tech Elite

bubbaicm;

I've looked for the "White Lighting" but haven't been able to find it. I found some DRY spray lubricant at Home Depot that works very well on plastic. The Radio Shack pen oiler is good for the outdrives. They were out of it last time so I bought a spray Teflon lube but it is a little harder to control the amount so it's messier. I won't run my cars without it.

I wonder how well the Silicone/Teflon grease would work in ball diffs over time. I've always read not to subsitute the silicone grease that lubes the diff balls because of the reasons stated in a previous post.
popsracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2003, 11:27 PM   #20
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to seaball

hey jeff,

good to hear you haven't hung it up for the winter. and yes, the shaft drive tears up the tight carpet scene. i think most of the guys here run the gears dry as well. i've also heard of the wax style chain lube working well. i am still deciding whether or not to enclose the drivetrain. it'll add weight and inhibit diff accessability. furthermore, i've got a plan to use only two bearings on the main shaft to reduce drag and overall weight. this design would allow for zero front/back chassis flex or gear mesh would be affected. get the picture?

and i'm thinking that if there was an optimum place for pivot ball suspension, it would be on carpet. reason being that the tracks are relatively smooth and the carpet can damp out most high frequency oscillations that bring irritations to suspensions that suffer from high unsprung weight. what do ya think?

we'll see. i will hardly have time for racing, let alone a hybrid car.
later,

chris.
seaball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2003, 08:36 PM   #21
Tech Regular

Send a message via ICQ to NightKidZ

Popsracer : I believe you can find White Lightning in most mountain bike shops.
Hope it helps
NightKidZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2003, 10:10 PM   #22
Tech Elite

Default White Lighting Moonshine

Thanks,

When I run out of the dry spray lube, I'll check in some other shops for the White Lighting.
popsracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2003, 08:11 AM   #23
Tech Apprentice

Lightbulb Re: White Lighting Moonshine

Quote:
Originally posted by popsracer
Thanks,

When I run out of the dry spray lube, I'll check in some other shops for the White Lighting.
apple or peach can get it from the plumber he's from W. VA. but U don't want to drive
after drinking this smoooooooooooooth stup . what size mason jar u drink from?
bubbaicm is offline   Reply With Quote