R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 10-10-2007, 07:28 PM   #286
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Does the dpd discharge all the cells at once or individually? Because if it does the info while discharging could be usefull if say u had a cell drop more quickly than the others then u would know u had a cell on the way out....If it doesnt is there away to freeze the screen at the end to be able to jot down the discharge results cause mine seems to go thru that very quickly or do you think my AA batts are goin dead or are dead?
NUCRPTRACER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2007, 08:24 PM   #287
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Thats is the whole point of this discharger is the data, yes you can id cells going bad or bad cells. I have cycled 30 or 40++ packs on it for friends to re-match there packs(re-sort is more realistic removing the poor cells and grouping the good cells)

Unfortunatly the data screen scrowls way to fast.. ITs the charger not the AAs. I sure wich there was a USB to hook up to the pc. I had have copy down the info by hand into excel sheets to regroup the cells.
Old 10-11-2007, 06:33 PM   #288
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joel Lagace View Post
Thats is the whole point of this discharger is the data, yes you can id cells going bad or bad cells. I have cycled 30 or 40++ packs on it for friends to re-match there packs(re-sort is more realistic removing the poor cells and grouping the good cells)

Unfortunatly the data screen scrowls way to fast.. ITs the charger not the AAs. I sure wich there was a USB to hook up to the pc. I had have copy down the info by hand into excel sheets to regroup the cells.
I understand that but is the main screen while internal discharge is being used and your screen reads from cell 1 to cell 6 is the discharger just working from 1 to 6 or all 6 at the same time cause it seems strange that I have never had say cell 3 got out before 1 or 2 or 4 its always the same 123456 it would be more realistic if they were being discharged at once....If not what would be the difference than using the smart tray or a durtrax 20a tray and just see which lights go out first.....know what I mean....
NUCRPTRACER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2007, 07:28 PM   #289
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Ok Guy's I need some help. I have a DPD discharger (black) that I purchased last year. I had a few issues with getting it to see a battery, but after a little sanding on the battery bars and solder, everything worked just fine. After going gas racing this summer, I have dug out my electric stuff, and I can not get it to see the battery. Keeps coming back with check connections.

Any thoughts??
www.darksidems.com www.igthobbies.com www.IGT8.com
Grenade10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2007, 07:37 PM   #290
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Check your cell voltages.
When someone is intent on excelling in an otherwise laudable manner, does he not desire to inflict pain on others by means of his exalted status and enjoy the envy he arouses? Is there not an anticipated delight in an artist's ability to defeat his artistic rivals, which heightens his euphoria in creation?
-Nietzsche
adamge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2007, 07:57 PM   #291
Tech Elite

YUP, check the voltages, chances are that since us neglected your pack all summer running that dirty noisy nitro stuff, that they gone and went into self discharge well bellow .9volts per cell... Could be a few enough to indicate no pack detected..

Slap the packs on the charger for 500seconds then hit the tray.

Let us know if thats what it was. If they where IB4200s im 99% thats your issue
Old 10-16-2007, 10:21 PM   #292
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joel Lagace View Post
YUP, check the voltages, chances are that since us neglected your pack all summer running that dirty noisy nitro stuff, that they gone and went into self discharge well bellow .9volts per cell... Could be a few enough to indicate no pack detected..

Slap the packs on the charger for 500seconds then hit the tray.

Let us know if thats what it was. If they where IB4200s im 99% thats your issue
I had already thought of that. I was able to measure 1.20+ volts on the pins that contact the cell with a DVM with the pack in the unit. On my packs I would put 1500mah into them every 3-4 weeks. Out of 9 packs, it looks like I have 3 cells that have gone to zero. Yep they are IB-4200 cells!
www.darksidems.com www.igthobbies.com www.IGT8.com
Grenade10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2007, 10:46 PM   #293
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 92 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to BSchorr Send a message via Yahoo to BSchorr Send a message via Skype™ to BSchorr

Any known issues with the DPD at all? Just wondering between the DPD and teh CTX-D trays... for the money.

I got a question about using the DPD. When you put the pack and and clamp it in.. does it start immediately? I am wondering if i can just put it on and monitor the pack/cells while its charging?
Old 11-30-2007, 10:58 PM   #294
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to flameoutgarrett

i would go with the ctx...

more money but way better imo

better features and way better quality
Old 11-30-2007, 11:17 PM   #295
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Angry ISSUES with DPD!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BSchorr View Post
Any known issues with the DPD at all? Just wondering between the DPD and teh CTX-D trays... for the money.

I got a question about using the DPD. When you put the pack and and clamp it in.. does it start immediately? I am wondering if i can just put it on and monitor the pack/cells while its charging?
If the batteries aren't fairly close in voltage the cells will take a long time to discharge because once one cell gets to .9 volts it will only discharge the rest at 1 amp. This sucks! IMO
maxepower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2007, 11:18 PM   #296
Tech Elite

Send a message via AIM to BSchorr Send a message via Yahoo to BSchorr Send a message via Skype™ to BSchorr

Ya.

Last edited by BSchorr; 12-05-2007 at 01:35 AM.
BSchorr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2007, 01:37 AM   #297
Tech Elite

I got a question about the DPD, Once the cells do reach the desired set cutoff voltage, does the DPD hold it there, or does it stop the cell from discharging and then that particular cell balances back out to its usual 1.2'ish voltage?
Old 12-05-2007, 04:38 AM   #298
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by BSchorr View Post
I got a question about the DPD, Once the cells do reach the desired set cutoff voltage, does the DPD hold it there, or does it stop the cell from discharging and then that particular cell balances back out to its usual 1.2'ish voltage?
As far as I know, nope and nope
Malc The Cool Can Fan Man
TheCoolCanFanMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 01:46 PM   #299
Tech Master

Send a message via ICQ to MattW

Has anyone else had the issue where it seems to just "stop discharging" one cell. I see a post about it toward the bottom of teh page, but no sign of answer. Mine has been fine, but now just doesn't seem to like discharging the No1 cell. I have been using pulse mode, and then as it switched to individual, it seems to stop discharging cell 1.
MattW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 02:57 PM   #300
mjm
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattW View Post
Has anyone else had the issue where it seems to just "stop discharging" one cell. I see a post about it toward the bottom of teh page, but no sign of answer. Mine has been fine, but now just doesn't seem to like discharging the No1 cell. I have been using pulse mode, and then as it switched to individual, it seems to stop discharging cell 1.
Yep this happeend all the time to mine. It was either cell 3 or 5. I could clean the contacts, clean the batteries and it would still stop.

It did not matter what pack it used it just seemed to be a random issue.