R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 11-06-2006, 04:28 AM   #151
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

No you cannot, because once its collecting data its initiated the discharging loads. Hooking up a charger and charging at the same time would result in the pack having a constant load. And your charger would could get damaged from the discharging load..

Good idea if only it could. IF it logged data while just being powered on that could be an option but the data logging only happens when its discharging.. Sounds like your in the market for a SPINTEC charger
Old 11-06-2006, 04:32 AM   #152
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Hey Joel thanks for getting back to me. I know you can do this with the ctx from Much more.
cyrrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2006, 06:55 AM   #153
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Thumbs up

MHA
thanks for the advice I am a bit more aware of the batt. status now and will do the charts with the new cells that I am getting and keep 2 of the best of the 3300 packs for practice.

For me the DPD is a huge success and a break through even for a new comer to electric like myself. Not bad at all.

"Failure Is Not An Option"
kcrunchone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2006, 12:35 PM   #154
Tech Adept

Looks like a good unit, but you guys in Europe and other countries going to 5 cells might want to make sure it can discharge 5 cells in the tray.

Instructions only say 4 or 6.

Can anyone confirm?
Keyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2006, 01:10 PM   #155
Tech Elite

Location: MOOD;; feeling good not racing ,saving shed loads of money,lovely Tan i have aswell

Is the NEW black one any different form the blue one ??

answer is not the colour either ,so no be funny
MR JOLLY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2006, 07:32 AM   #156
Tech Adept

When do you guys discharge your NIMH packs?

I plan to use my packs once a week 2 or 3 times a day.

Would you discharge / equalize at the end of each run or at the end of the race day..

I've been reading and told that you dont need to discharge after each run?
mcgmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2006, 08:50 AM   #157
Tech Regular

You should discharge the pack after every run. The plates in the battery will build up crystals causing higher internal resistance. I highly recommend the TEAM MUCHMORE CTX-D2. Visit their website at www.teammuchmore.com
and check it out. By ensuring you batterys are all equally discharged
and keeping the internal resistance down to a minimum will allow for better
charging (meaning maximum amount of current storage and higher voltage levels) I didn't think there would be much of a difference until I tried it for myself and found 3800 packs peaking out at 9.64volts with over 4000mah. If anyone thinks otherwise you can use OHMS LAW and you will see that higher resistance means less current available for your motor.
"Gone But Not Forgotten" --- RC10T, RC10T3, RCTc4, XRay007, XXT, XXTcrGraphitePlus, XXXT, XXXTMF, XXXTMF2----
"Spanky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2006, 09:06 AM   #158
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by "Spanky
You should discharge the pack after every run. The plates in the battery will build up crystals causing higher internal resistance. I highly recommend the TEAM MUCHMORE CTX-D2. Visit their website at www.teammuchmore.com
charging (meaning maximum amount of current storage and higher voltage levels) I didn't think there would be much of a difference until I tried it for myself and found 3800 packs peaking out at 9.64volts with over 4000mah. If anyone thinks otherwise you can use OHMS LAW and you will see that higher resistance means less current available for your motor.
I don't know if you are implying whether 9.64 is a relatively low or high voltage, but you actually want a lower peak voltage when charging, that means lower IR. My 4200WC packs peak at around 9.1v
XrayFK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2006, 09:17 AM   #159
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by XrayFK
I don't know if you are implying whether 9.64 is a relatively low or high voltage, but you actually want a lower peak voltage when charging, that means lower IR. My 4200WC packs peak at around 9.1v
Again I repeat, anyone who disagrees can use ohms law to find out for themselves. If you run a motor at 2 volts and then at 12 volts, when does it spin faster????????????????????? And what is your ma reading?????????????????
"Gone But Not Forgotten" --- RC10T, RC10T3, RCTc4, XRay007, XXT, XXTcrGraphitePlus, XXXT, XXXTMF, XXXTMF2----
Old 11-08-2006, 09:37 AM   #160
Suspended

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

I am not claiming to know why its better but FK is correct.The lower your battery voltage peaks{not false peaks} at the better the battery.9.6 sounds like your battery maybe on its way out.
racenut123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2006, 10:35 AM   #161
Tech Regular

Old 11-08-2006, 10:36 AM   #162
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 25 (96%+)
Send a message via MSN to Dasupacat1

Quote:
Originally Posted by "Spanky
I thought I read somewhere on the Promatch site where they said not to discharge after every heat if you plan on using 2 or 3 times a day. Just chargem back up after they cool back down. Something about less strain on a battery. Do you know something they don't?
Dasupacat1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2006, 11:55 AM   #163
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to brians11

Quote:
Originally Posted by racenut123
I am not claiming to know why its better but FK is correct.The lower your battery voltage peaks{not false peaks} at the better the battery.9.6 sounds like your battery maybe on its way out.

Yes, the theory of V=IR (Ohms Law) is correct...

charge current (I) is a constant, so for voltage to be higher, the resistance of the cells must be higher as well...
Old 11-08-2006, 12:31 PM   #164
Tech Master

I love being right
XrayFK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2006, 12:51 PM   #165
Tech Regular

this is hilarious, do me a favor and charge your batteries and take a piece of wire with no resistance and place it across the battery terminals hahahaha. I need to delete this forum so I don't feel so stupid from reading these replys.
NO MATTER HOW MUCH RESISTANCE IS IN A CIRCUIT, VOLTAGE REMAINS THE SAME. Go to this website and put in the voltage then raise the resistance and see what happens, ohhhhhhhh wowwwww look at that!!! the more resistance the less current meaning less power for your motor http://micro.magnet.fsu.edu/electromag/java/ohmslaw/