R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 06-07-2006, 11:47 AM   #46
Tech Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to pucho

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aluma
I never bought tire warmers cuz I've only needed during the winter..so I just heat them with a hair dryer.

Is dipping a rag with nitro fuel and cleaning off the tires bad? cuz that's what I do and it provides plenty of traction.
Like Jason I also use the warmers, eaven in the heat of FLA. I do regulate them to about 100F You don't want to broil you tires just warm them.
pucho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2006, 11:57 AM   #47
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by LEE UK
What insert are people using when running a sorex 28 on carpet.

Also if anyone has a tyre/insert combination they suggest it would be great!
I always liked HPI red inserts with sorex 28's.

Tim
Old 06-07-2006, 06:43 PM   #48
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I ordered a set of CS-27 online. This is what I've got. Is there a way to find out if this is a CS-22 or a CS-27? The packaging looks nothing like the original CS I know.
Attached Thumbnails
Best rubber tire-img_5500.jpg  
cvt01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2006, 06:57 PM   #49
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to 1armed1

The sidewall of the tire should have either CS27w or CS22w molded into it.
1armed1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2006, 08:03 PM   #50
Tech Addict

Thanks, Ive found it (it was not easy since I don't want to open it) It is clearly a CS22 set thanks sheldonhobbies
Old 06-07-2006, 09:13 PM   #51
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdrianM
Generally if there is a problem is not ungluing but rather incomplete penetration of the glue (only a bit oif the outside edge gets glued). When you run a tires like that it can come apart. If you tug on the side walls of the tire before running it you will discover any problem 100% of the time and be able to fix it with a drop of glue.

I only check tires at really big race like Nationals and the Reedy Race. At club races I don't bother and in 4 years of running premounts I have only had 2 bad glue jobs.

As to the new rims...there is no diffrnece in the gluing. Over all Take Off does a really good job seeing as an average tire order for Schumacher USA is ~3000 4pks of tires (Thats 12,000 tires or 24,000 applications of glue). Given the numbers of tires coming in (huge) and the frequency of gluing issues (fairly rare) I think thay are doing a great job.

I used to see a lot more blowout when people glued thier own tires.
I bought two sets of premount RP30s and I'm VERY disappointed with the glue job on these tires. There were gaps in the glue job on three of the four tires in both bags. Where they missed with the glue the tire bulged out leaving it out of round and WAY out of balance. Screw RPs !!!
jag88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2006, 10:37 PM   #52
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cvt01
I ordered a set of CS-27 online. This is what I've got. Is there a way to find out if this is a CS-22 or a CS-27? The packaging looks nothing like the original CS I know.
Thats pretty sketchy. We have never imported anything that looked like that.
AdrianM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2006, 10:48 PM   #53
Tech Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by cvt01
Interesting how the packaging denotes CS-22 while their price sticker lists CS-27. Sheldon's is my local LHS and they are always the first place I go for parts. I haven't seen those wheels in the store, but then again I always look for the premounts on dish. I'll probably head in there after work tomorrow and see if I can find that wheel/tire set and try to see what tires are mounted on.

-mike
emjay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2006, 10:51 PM   #54
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by jag88
I bought two sets of premount RP30s and I'm VERY disappointed with the glue job on these tires. There were gaps in the glue job on three of the four tires in both bags. Where they missed with the glue the tire bulged out leaving it out of round and WAY out of balance. Screw RPs !!!
We stand by our products. If someone contacted us and let us know this problem we would replace their tires at no charge.

In the future if you have a problem with any product I suggest you contact the only people that can help you...the manufacturer before flaming products on line.

We all read RC Tech and there have been many cases of guys not getting the support they would normally get from manufacturers because they were jerks on line.
Old 06-07-2006, 11:14 PM   #55
Tech Adept

Send a message via AIM to Mongo Send a message via Yahoo to Mongo

Adrian....

My LHS just received an order about 4 weeks ago of RP's and they are all the old style. They crack way to easy. Have you guys finnished flushing out the old ones from your stock yet? I can't find any of the new kind. Do you know of a place I can get them from? Other then Sheldons, that is.
Mongo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2006, 11:53 PM   #56
Tech Champion

All CS27s and RP30s have been on new rims for at least a month. RP24 and RP36 are still on the older rim for a few more weeks.

Keep in mind that the only guys having problems with RP ABS rims are at track with brutally solid boards. I have run ABS rim RPs for 2 years and I have not broken one yet. Oh...by the way...I have some pretty spectacular crashes so it not like I am not abusing them.
Old 06-08-2006, 08:44 AM   #57
Tech Addict

I think it was premount by sheldons or some subcontractor. They had some CHEAP rims on stock and there you go... Who knows what kind of inserts they used
I will send it back to them...
Old 06-08-2006, 08:47 AM   #58
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

My son and I went thru 16 sets of RP30's at the REEDY RACE, 4 each for practice and 4 each for qual, and mains.

Not 1 tire came unglued or cracked a rim, even with 3 spectacular flights off the widows peak, and those were the old style rims.

Thanks Adrian for supplying a quality product.

Fred Forg
Old 06-08-2006, 09:19 AM   #59
Tech Champion

Fred - Thanks for the kind words. Say Hi to Debbie at Rain City for me!
Old 06-08-2006, 09:34 AM   #60
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdrianM
We stand by our products. If someone contacted us and let us know this problem we would replace their tires at no charge.

In the future if you have a problem with any product I suggest you contact the only people that can help you...the manufacturer before flaming products on line.

We all read RC Tech and there have been many cases of guys not getting the support they would normally get from manufacturers because they were jerks on line.

Sorry for the flame but after spending $76.32 for two sets of tires and then having to re-glue them leaves me a bit frustrated especially when my 27's are near perfect. Again my apologies.
jag88 is offline   Reply With Quote