R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 05-26-2006, 01:03 PM   #16
Tech Regular

First thing is it comfortable? Does the feel of the wheel or sticks or trigger suit your driving style?
All the high end radio grear have the same features but they call them diffent things.
I would serioulsy try and make sure the radio gear the feels right first rather than spend lot of time setting it up.
Some people prefer the "sticks" to be very light and have no progression, most of the KO's are like that except the helios.
Some have a progessive smooth feel which give you an idea where you are in turning the wheel or pulling the trigger or moving the stick.
One to aviod are the airtronics sanwa gemini sticks as they wear out stick to long...etc
Smoking motor.. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2006, 01:09 PM   #17
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (93%+)
Send a message via AIM to xrayaustin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoking motor..
First thing is it comfortable? Does the feel of the wheel or sticks or trigger suit your driving style?
I would serioulsy try and make sure the radio gear the feels right first rather than spend lot of time setting it up.
EXACTLY!

2010 cleveland indoor champs and 2011 snowbird nationals 17.5 stock A main winner
xrayaustin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2006, 03:23 PM   #18
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon3
Which one?

The ones with the really short antennas.........
Manning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2007, 02:35 PM   #19
Rug
Tech Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manning
The ones with the really short antennas.........
I realize that this thread is old, but on page 22 of the DX3 manual (which I'm assuming you are referring to) there's directions for setting expo.

Best I can tell, the DX3 has all 4 of the most needed features.
Rug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2007, 02:40 PM   #20
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rug
I realize that this thread is old, but on page 22 of the DX3 manual (which I'm assuming you are referring to) there's directions for setting expo.

Best I can tell, the DX3 has all 4 of the most needed features.
I know the DX3.0 has exponential (I own one), but I don't believe that the DX3 had exponential. I may be wrong about the DX3, but I know I couldn't find it on a friends radio.
haagar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2007, 03:21 PM   #21
Tech Adept

The Spektrum DX3.0 DSM should have all the features you should need on your first radio, and you won't go broke

http://www.horizonhobby.com/Products...rodID=SPM20300
Wayne1one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2007, 03:34 PM   #22
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Throttle,Brakes,Right and Left steering, and the ability to interact with the reciever.

just kidding. mostly personal preference, i would go to hobby shop and hold a few different ones, and then what fits your budget. anything you get that is not an rtr will have the settings your will need that others have described here.
Old 02-14-2007, 11:06 AM   #23
Rug
Tech Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by haagar
I know the DX3.0 has exponential (I own one), but I don't believe that the DX3 had exponential. I may be wrong about the DX3, but I know I couldn't find it on a friends radio.
Well, that's just bad naming. I mean really. 3 vs 3.0?! I've been sort casually looking at getting this radio, but then I was cautious because I never noticed the .0 thing. Ug.
Rug is offline   Reply With Quote