R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 05-31-2006, 10:05 AM   #16
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 143 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to LasagnaCat

Common sense would suggest checking on parts availability before purchasing the actual cars.

With that being the case, why not just look for an overseas seller? You could always order a large chunk of parts/spares to keep everyone going... not sure why you're stuck on "demanding" that Horizon carry a full line of parts and extras for a little known line of cars.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Lotus
what's to stop them from doing the same with other more mainstream, popular brands in the future!
I would imagine that that's the root of your problem. You're running cars that aren't mainstream or popular. No offense, but one some level you've essentially entered a lame horse in the Kentucky Derby.. it was an uphill battle from the start. Not sure why you're so upset over something that (imho) you should have foreseen from the moment you looked into that line of cars.
Old 06-01-2006, 06:06 AM   #17
Tech Fanatic

Exclamation

LasagnaCat, I appreciate your reply; however according to several articles and road tests in the major rc magazines as well as checking with Horizon at the very start; we were led to believe that these cars were well supported and that parts availability was no problem. We did use "common sense" and did our homework ahead of time. It is not our fault if we were misled.
It should not matter whether it is a mainstream brand or not; if a distributor claims to support a product and then does not follow through, THEY, the distributor are at fault, not the customer! That is why I am making such a big deal about this. It could happen to any one of us! If they are not going to carry all of the Carisma stuff then they should be honest and say so. But that is not what has happened in this case.
Team Lotus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2006, 04:49 PM   #18
Tech Initiate

Parts and bodies can be had through www.rctechonline.com
They are in San Francisco (Daly City), and I was there today and bought a Carisma Audi. The manager/owner informed me that they can get any of the hop-up or replacement parts in 2 days. He had a good selection in his shop, and I bought several hop-ups as well. These cars are awesome for the price! It drives great, and I haven't even installed the hop-ups yet.(Definitely need to have the oil damper for good racing). How many other cars have hop-ups for $2 or $5 or $20 max??? A whole new set of wheels and tires for $10? The parts are way cheaper than even Mini-Z or X-Mod parts, and the cars are way better and cooler!
MLP#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2006, 05:05 AM   #19
Tech Fanatic

Thanks for your help MLP#1. I will try to contact them today. I hope he gets his Carisma stuff from someone other than Horizon Hobbies as they do not offer replacement bodies for 9 of the 17 Carisma cars they sell.
I hope that he has a different supplier for Carisma. We will soon find out.
Thanks again for your help, I will let you know how I make out.
Team Lotus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2006, 06:06 AM   #20
Tech Initiate

No problem, let me know if it works out, I'll be wanting replacement bodies and parts as well. Thanks!
MLP#1 is offline   Reply With Quote