R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric On-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road-2/)
-   -   Need help with Futaba R303FHS (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road/115189-need-help-futaba-r303fhs.html)

kidrobot 05-24-2006 12:03 AM

Need help with Futaba R303FHS

Hi guys! i just got my new radio and a receiver..I have a problem.. i have a ESC that has an output BEC of 7.2v and the Futaba R303FHS needs a 6.0v...Will that ESC break my receiver???The Speed Control that i have is a Tamiya TEU-101BK.... im worried that i might break the revceiver with that power output...let me know if its safe to use it with the Futaba receiver...Thanks

The Spec of my ESC Tamiya TEU-101BK

SPECS: Length: 1.6" (40.7mm)
Width: 1.4" (36.8mm)
Height: 0.88" (22.5mm)
Weight: 1.9oz (54g)
Control System: High frequency drive
Max Continuous Current (FET Spec): Forward 60A, Reverse 60A
Power Supply: 7.2V (with 6 cells
Output Voltage for Receiver: 7.2V (BEC)
Output Current for Receiver: 1A

The Spec of Futaba R303FHS Receiver

SPECS: Length: 1.56" (39.5mm)
Width: 1.09" (27mm)
Height: 0.57" (14.5mm)
Weight: 0.60oz (17g)
Receiving Frequency: 75MHz (channels 61-90)
Intermediate Frequency: 455kHz
Power Supply: 6.0V (NiCd 5 cells)
Current Drain: Approx. 95mA

rampal 05-24-2006 02:39 AM

I've been using this ESC in my TT01 for playing with my fellas for many years with lots of different receivers (hitec, acoms, futaba, JR) and no problema at all.... Actually I doubt output voltage is 7.2v.... I thought it was 4.8v.... :confused: I think most receivers will handle it, you should worry about your servos.... that's why some receivers have BEC circuits... now that I'm recalling, I think all those receivers I had used with this esc have internal BEC circuits... that's why it has a BEC connector and not an standart futaba connector....

kidrobot 05-24-2006 09:42 AM

are you sure it is safe to use it with that receiver???Im sure the Output voltage of the ESC is 7.2 I saw the specs on towerhobbies...I dont want to break my new receiver....

Jam-ehz 05-24-2006 10:24 AM

It's Tamiya's most generic low-cost ESC, made to work with anything.. standard BEC voltage is at most 6.0V for any speed control, some may be 4.8, but never 7.2V..

Some higher-end speedos will have 7.2V for the FET line of your servo for the extra speed, but certainly not this one. I've seen so many people use these since they came with their minis, with every make and model of receiver. I'm sure Tower just filled in that number. It'll be safe for your equipment.

kidrobot 05-24-2006 10:52 AM

Originally Posted by Jam-ehz
It's Tamiya's most generic low-cost ESC, made to work with anything.. standard BEC voltage is at most 6.0V for any speed control, some may be 4.8, but never 7.2V..

Some higher-end speedos will have 7.2V for the FET line of your servo for the extra speed, but certainly not this one. I've seen so many people use these since they came with their minis, with every make and model of receiver. I'm sure Tower just filled in that number. It'll be safe for your equipment.

Thanks i was worried that i might break it...Is it normal for the receiver to get warm???When i tried it last night it was warm.....

rampal 05-24-2006 03:25 PM

man, you're scaring me.... i've never had any receiver getting hot.... don't you have any inexpensive tester at hand? check output voltage with the battery connected and switch to on... just to be sure, test it by yourself....