R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 05-24-2006, 06:43 PM   #16
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to v0rtex Send a message via AIM to v0rtex Send a message via MSN to v0rtex

I couldnt get Simple Green to work at all. Perhaps I was doing it wrong, what is the process other people use with it? I used it straight from the squirt bottle on a sponge, and it just made bubbles and didnt seem to do anything to the rubber at all..
Old 05-24-2006, 06:50 PM   #17
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 113 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by v0rtex
I couldnt get Simple Green to work at all. Perhaps I was doing it wrong, what is the process other people use with it? I used it straight from the squirt bottle on a sponge, and it just made bubbles and didnt seem to do anything to the rubber at all..
read my post below, its just to help prep the rubber....

Powered by Hotwings, Rolling Rock, and the urge to race toy cars...
nf_ekt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2006, 07:00 PM   #18
Tech Regular

I use brake cleaner on a rag to clean and prep the tires.
MK_Arbiter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2006, 07:01 PM   #19
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to v0rtex Send a message via AIM to v0rtex Send a message via MSN to v0rtex

Same, and it works best for me. I was trying to cut down on the chemicals I was using but it seems thats one I wont be doing without any time soon..
Old 05-24-2006, 08:46 PM   #20
Tech Elite

motor spray on the tires before sauce, works well though the 'green stuff is cheaper to use and definantly non-toxic.

buggy grip--good god does that stuff have a brutal odor!

Old 05-24-2006, 09:03 PM   #21
Tech Regular

I wonder if muscle relaxants would work cause thier purpose is to soften and loosen us up and they smell the same.
MK_Arbiter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2006, 09:40 PM   #22
Tech Elite

flexarall (sic?), robaxin, a few other brands, yeah sure man just mix with a cold michelob light and your good to go

Old 05-24-2006, 09:56 PM   #23
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MK_Arbiter
I wonder if muscle relaxants would work cause thier purpose is to soften and loosen us up and they smell the same.

Lets try some A535 LOL
Redwings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2006, 04:25 AM   #24
Tech Apprentice

Add to the synthetic oil..... I used to use some traction compound, that really soften the tires (It helped grip when the tires get softer, but when I soaked it over night, the tires got really really soft, and it didn't help with the grip level at all). Anyway, the compound felt more like gasoline with fumes and evaporated really fast. Then, I tried Trinity Tire Tweak, the first thing came to my mine was motor oil. I have not done any side by side comparison, but I am really wondering if it is just some synthetic oil or certain wt of motor oil. It doesn't break down the tires like some other tracktion compound, but it makes the rubber feels very fresh and slightly softer.

Thanks for the tip for WD-40, I need to give that a try.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nf_ekt
ok, so maybe give this a run....

A little bit of synthetic motor oil rubbed on the tires, let sit for an hour or so, even longer if you want.

I have a set I did this to about a month ago and never used, the tires feel very sticky and good to run

dont get hyped into thinking you gotta spend mega-bucks on the latest "formulated" product when alot of products do the same job, but are cheaper and accessible (and probablly re-packaged by certain 'product makers'). A friend of mine was getting grip by combining simple green with wd-40! If it breaks the rubber down a bit it will help.

that said----I think hybrid dip is the best compound out there, well at least i like it-no toxic fumes. You have to check that the tire is still glued to the rim after using because most of them will help unglue the tire= poor handling!

not looking for an argument here at all, but man some motor oil will work to get the tires gripping... kinda odd since I relate oil to slickness, but its about the chemical reaction that occurs.
thegreatimpulse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2006, 07:07 AM   #25
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Interesting reading- I would ask someone that races either real cars or possibly go karts. I know the stuff my parnter makes up works on a different principle and you can use the tires much longer with very good grip.we put this on twice before we race and let it soak into the tires. When the used tires chirp around the turns like a new tire after it's had 5-6 runs you know it's working.We run the tires to the cord with excellent results. The only problem is he won't tell anyone what it is including me. But I have seen him mix it up infront of me.Everything had no names on anything. I just know he use to race real oval cars and they would use this on the tires.
WGT-R, GT-12 Racing USA (21.5 ), Formula 1 and Home Track is 386 RaceWay,ROAR #7540.
BullFrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2006, 07:25 PM   #26
jaz
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Do you guys use the Simple Green in the straight out-of-the-bottle concentrated format or do you dilute it first?
jaz is offline   Reply With Quote