Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
KO Propo VFS-2000 ESC >

KO Propo VFS-2000 ESC

KO Propo VFS-2000 ESC

Old 01-04-2003, 06:34 AM
Tech Adept

Default KO Propo VFS-2000 ESC

Anyone try the KO Propo VFS-2000 ESC w/ VFS Settings Adapter? I was also looking at this ESC. $240.00 for the combo, so it isn't cheap! but; it is supposed to be a great system.
Old 01-04-2003, 10:55 AM
Tech Elite

I dont know the VFS 2000 - I think there was a thread once...

However, I suggest you also check out the Rocket MAX from CS-electronic. It can automatic change drive frequency depending on how fast you pull the trigger.

"AFC is the active frequency control that leads to hammer hard acceleration on one hand and super smooth acting on the other. The frequency of the power FET transistors is depending on the speed of pushing the throttle stick. Fast throttle movement--> low frequency Slow throttle movement--> high frequency In the end you have more control over the car from the sticks. AFC can also be disabled. "

Rocket MAX
Old 01-04-2003, 11:10 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

I know a KO sponsored guy and he is always tweaking on his ESC. He has the same one and he said he actually really likes it. He said the programming is fairly simple but it's a little time consuming. He said he can set it up to be really smooth comming out of corners in 1/12th scale so he doesn't give it too much throttle. He said when yopu do this you increase run time too. You can make it punchy for stock and smooth for mod. Personally I think It's a great system. I've set a few up working at a hobby store over the last summer. I think they work great. The base setup is a really good starting point.

-Sushi Boy
Old 01-04-2003, 12:10 PM
Tech Adept

Originally posted by Sushi Boy
I know a KO sponsored guy and he is always tweaking on his ESC. He has the same one and he said he actually really likes it. He said the programming is fairly simple but it's a little time consuming. He said he can set it up to be really smooth comming out of corners in 1/12th scale so he doesn't give it too much throttle. He said when yopu do this you increase run time too. You can make it punchy for stock and smooth for mod. Personally I think It's a great system. I've set a few up working at a hobby store over the last summer. I think they work great. The base setup is a really good starting point.

-Sushi Boy
Thanks for the input. Someone had mentioned on another forum, that if the batteries began to dump while using this ESC, you would lose steering, since there is no steering priority built in. One problem I have with that is if you're running around with practice batteries, like we often do, this could occur. We always run the cars until the batteries begin to dump. I may give KO a call, and ask about this 'steering priority' business.
Old 01-04-2003, 08:38 PM
Tech Champion

I've never heard of that problom. Mayeb they don't have radio priority. I've never realy had that happen. When I practice I just stop when the battery goes flat or at the end of 5 min.

-Sushi Boy
Old 01-04-2003, 10:49 PM
Tech Regular

i have this esc and really liked it, until about two weeks ago when just out of no where i blew all 18 fets. im thinking of buying another seeing as i have the adapter and all. but it was real good for me and quick and easy to set up. also your right about the no steering priority thing, you either have one or the other like when your off the throtle you have steering and vice versa. running for over 5 minutes is just gonna heat the motor up excesively any way.
Old 01-05-2003, 04:13 AM
Tech Adept

Originally posted by ausracer
i have this esc and really liked it, until about two weeks ago when just out of no where i blew all 18 fets. im thinking of buying another seeing as i have the adapter and all. but it was real good for me and quick and easy to set up. also your right about the no steering priority thing, you either have one or the other like when your off the throtle you have steering and vice versa. running for over 5 minutes is just gonna heat the motor up excesively any way.
Any idea what happened to cause it to blow up?

Last edited by AGR#7; 01-05-2003 at 04:24 AM.
Old 01-05-2003, 11:25 AM
Tech Champion

Maybe you overloaded it somehow?
Old 01-06-2003, 06:35 AM
Tech Regular

i have no idea what happened to make it blow. i just landed a jump and it ran away out of control until it flipped upside down, when i touched the heat sink it was incredibely hot and the whole thing smelled smokey. the guy who i sent to repair it said he had never seen anyone blow all the fets, it would have cost more then a new one to repair so im just gonna buy another.
Old 01-06-2003, 10:35 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Watched a local guy do it at the Rain yesterday he had run and 8T night before it worked fine put a 19T in and had that lovely char-broiled Fet smell. Same hot heat-sink and all up until, he loved the thing

D