R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 05-16-2006, 08:01 AM   #31
Tech Adept

Buy the Acer's the chick is hot and the Boca chicks are not!! Trust me! Looks like something on the bottom of my shoe.
Attached Thumbnails
Ceramic Bearing- Best manufacturer?-051220_aikenstuddard_hmed_3p.hmedium.jpeg  
Lana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2006, 10:49 PM   #32
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default my 2cents

i've had cheep ceramic's from over sea's-2 set's in 2 years,in my pro-4,both with metal shilds,if you break parts like i do, you tend to bend the metal shilds replacing steering blocks. hard hits running a spool,also is really rough on ceramic's,but i bought a set of acers for my hara cyclone,and i love the plastic shilds,because there a little forgiving on those of us who break a little more often than others. on my previous sets it seens like it only took a couple of months racing one night a week,before the bearings got really sloppy loose,had to change driving syle it got soo loose esp. up front,but i've had my acers for over 3 months racing even more frequently,with no slop and as sooth as silk,i'm sold!, don't know much about bocca but 300 bones i can buy 3 sets for my cyclone,thats a lotta money for bearings!
Old 06-08-2006, 02:07 AM   #33
Tech Adept

i got acer ceramic and it's ok, only brake small one in diff when i was triying to pull it out. Allso have in second car Acer Super Polyamide and working great for now.
tomislav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2006, 05:46 PM   #34
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hi-tech-redneck
i've had cheep ceramic's from over sea's-2 set's in 2 years,in my pro-4,both with metal shilds,if you break parts like i do, you tend to bend the metal shilds replacing steering blocks. hard hits running a spool,also is really rough on ceramic's,but i bought a set of acers for my hara cyclone,and i love the plastic shilds,because there a little forgiving on those of us who break a little more often than others. on my previous sets it seens like it only took a couple of months racing one night a week,before the bearings got really sloppy loose,had to change driving syle it got soo loose esp. up front,but i've had my acers for over 3 months racing even more frequently,with no slop and as sooth as silk,i'm sold!, don't know much about bocca but 300 bones i can buy 3 sets for my cyclone,thats a lotta money for bearings!
Whats up Chris, Long time. Your right on the "parts testing".. I have noticed the same with the Yokomo ceramic's, Hard hits tends to damage the the metal race..I really try not to hit "stuff" but it does happen..
Oasis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2006, 06:16 PM   #35
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default x-cat you the man!

yep me & jr. sure test um,esp. on carpet,damm boards,they tend to jump right in front of me!hardly ever break parking lot racing though unless praticing along with the sportsman nitro guys uuug! ,hell, i did't break at all at the reedy race,acers ran awsome,just didn't have the gearing&skill to get past the j main,but i had more fun getting tips from the pro's& watching them race more than anything! best race i have ever been to,right up there with the cold turkey races,damm mike i miss the track!