R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 02-13-2008, 12:36 PM   #406
Tech Initiate

Send a message via MSN to REZRCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by PizzaDude View Post
The US spec vs Euro spec are the equally thick.
But the Euro/Corally spec has a little more bit flex.
No thinner/more flex chassis planned for this time, for reasons mentioned before.
I would indeed try to solve this with (super soft) chassis setup/springs/shock/tires/body.

Good luck.
Yeah Drivingpro and me are in the same boat. In New Zealand tire additives aren't allowed. So we have to be careful with what tyres we use. Thanks PizzaDude, I will try a softer spring, and Corally rear Pink tires and Crc Magenta Fronts seem to be the go at the moment for us here.
REZRCT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 01:29 PM   #407
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by PizzaDude View Post
The US spec vs Euro spec are the equally thick.
But the Euro/Corally spec has a little more bit flex.
No thinner/more flex chassis planned for this time, for reasons mentioned before.
I would indeed try to solve this with (super soft) chassis setup/springs/shock/tires/body.

Good luck.
yeah all good, just need to get every little advantage as possible, especially say at the nats.
drivingpro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 04:10 PM   #408
Tech Adept

Mr. Beardmore- On behalf of Jeff, tyvm. Jeff's racing at the Florida Winternats (1/8 gas) and probably won't see your post until next week. He and the car were working well, and if not for some bad luck in the main (punted off the track) he could have had the W. He doesn't know yet about the carpet nats.

REZRCT and drivingpro- You've probably already thought of and tried these tips, but just in case: 1.6mm T-bar; thinner dampner fluid than Corally red (we used the Corally red on hi bite carpet, so maybe something in the 10,000 to 20,000 wt. range would work in low bite); tweak screws off the chassis to soften the suspension to the max (if you do this it doesn't matter if you sue the 2mm T-bar)
Larry Brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 08:55 PM   #409
Tech Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Brown View Post
REZRCT and drivingpro- You've probably already thought of and tried these tips, but just in case: 1.6mm T-bar; thinner dampner fluid than Corally red (we used the Corally red on hi bite carpet, so maybe something in the 10,000 to 20,000 wt. range would work in low bite); tweak screws off the chassis to soften the suspension to the max (if you do this it doesn't matter if you sue the 2mm T-bar)
Oh kool, yeah I'm using 20 weight shock oil, using a 1.6mm T-Bar. I have actually tired it without the tweak screws at the nats last weeknd, as I acidently threw them away with my broken T-Bar Seemed to work real well.
Old 02-14-2008, 03:25 PM   #410
Tech Adept

cheers for the advice larry, i have tried it all.

The car is flawless when the sun is out

will try a few more different things this weekend.

I'm also thinking of going to the WC front end to see what that is like, (never tried an associated etc front end before)

but that would mean i'd have to buy all new front tyres / rims

also that was completely my bad throwing out your tweak screws REZRCT,should have told you, was in a hurry!
Old 02-14-2008, 06:12 PM   #411
Ike
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Does anyone know how the corally lubes compare to the CRC lubes weight wise?
Ike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2008, 10:11 PM   #412
Ike
Tech Master

Also... some mod and 19T setups from Snowbords would be much appreciated.
Old 02-15-2008, 12:51 AM   #413
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Well as far as damper tube stuff, I think the red damper lube is actually somewhat similar to CRC blue. The Corally Blue stuff that comes in the kit is REALLY thick. Other than that... I'm not too sure.

As far as 19t/mod setups... Just take that setup that Larry has posted recently, and run different tires such as a Parma magenta all around, or the Parma Coral rear (a touch softer than magenta). That should give you more overall grip to help keep the car glued down a little better when you strap in some HP.

-Korey
Old 02-15-2008, 01:10 AM   #414
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by REZRCT View Post
Yeah Drivingpro and me are in the same boat. In New Zealand tire additives aren't allowed. So we have to be careful with what tyres we use. Thanks PizzaDude, I will try a softer spring, and Corally rear Pink tires and Crc Magenta Fronts seem to be the go at the moment for us here.
Corally Gold, for rears is also worth a shot!
PizzaDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2008, 03:20 AM   #415
Tech Adept

we have just recently discovered corally rear oranges (28 shore outdoor compound) they are absolutely amazing, but getting a hold of them is another issue, stormer doesn't stock them
Old 02-15-2008, 03:31 AM   #416
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by drivingpro View Post
we have just recently discovered corally rear oranges (28 shore outdoor compound) they are absolutely amazing, but getting a hold of them is another issue, stormer doesn't stock them
Hi,

You can try http://www.pkracing.nl/ in Holland. They have them stock.

Ronald
mooony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2008, 05:02 AM   #417
Tech Initiate

Thanks Pizzadude & Mooony. Yeah we diffinately want to get a hold of some Orange rears. I'll diff go check that site out now Mooony, cheers.
Old 02-15-2008, 06:34 AM   #418
Tech Adept

Quote:
Also... some mod and 19T setups from Snowbords would be much appreciated.
Ike- Mike Blackstock told me at the 'birds that he would be posting here, so hopefully he'll get to a computer soon.

Mike said he liked Jaco magenta fronts (hardness between pink and double pink) and Jaco yellow rears on the high bite carpet we had there. The mod and 19T drivers were cutting their tires very small, though, so not much foam was left on the rim.

The rest of his setup was similar, I believe, to Jeff's setup posted earlier except for a prototype chassis. The prototype was a few mm longer than stock.
Old 02-15-2008, 10:00 AM   #419
Ike
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Brown View Post
Ike- Mike Blackstock told me at the 'birds that he would be posting here, so hopefully he'll get to a computer soon.

Mike said he liked Jaco magenta fronts (hardness between pink and double pink) and Jaco yellow rears on the high bite carpet we had there. The mod and 19T drivers were cutting their tires very small, though, so not much foam was left on the rim.

The rest of his setup was similar, I believe, to Jeff's setup posted earlier except for a prototype chassis. The prototype was a few mm longer than stock.
So on Carpet without a groove like at a big race do you think Jaco dbl pinks would be a good choice?
Old 02-15-2008, 12:52 PM   #420
Tech Adept

Quote:
So on Carpet without a groove like at a big race do you think Jaco dbl pinks would be a good choice?
Ike- Really tough for me to say since we don't race on that type of surface. Maybe someone else can offer some advice.

My guess would be that if you are on CRC Fastrak II carpet and no groove (i.e. lower traction) you might have better performance with softer rubber like magenta or even pink.