R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 06-01-2006, 01:22 AM   #616
Tech Master

Does anybody know when Hara switched to Checkpoint motors? It's like going backwards
FW-05RR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2006, 03:15 AM   #617
UMS
Tech Initiate

why are people writing about a guy (Marc), if they donīt know him personaly? I saw this, I saw that, I heared somebody saying...

I know the whole Reinhard-family since nearly 10 years now. Toni, Marc and Uwe (their father) are very fine sportsmen! They are more than fair everytime and to everybody.

By the way - what happened at the Reedy-Race: Only Hara and Marc know what happened there. The things which are written here are not totaly correct... But it doesnīt matter. Marc and Hara have to deal with it, right?
UMS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2006, 04:22 AM   #618
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by UMS
I know the whole Reinhard-family since nearly 10 years now. Toni, Marc and Uwe (their father) are very fine sportsmen! They are more than fair everytime and to everybody.
The spelling is Rheinard, not Reinhard.
Potato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2006, 04:23 AM   #619
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

The best post sofar. It is between Marc and Atsushi and they are both well capable of handling that themselves.

As to the statements reflecting character, I know Marc and the Rheinard family personally as well. They are very nice and helpfull people just like Atsushi is. They are also great competitors out there to do well and win whenever possible. But winning, contrary to what some apparantly think, is not everything to them. In the rare occasions when they do get upset they also get over it fairly quickly. In my experience they don't hold gripes. And from what I have seen of Atsushi, neither does he.

Perhaps best to leave it at that and start looking forward towards the Worlds which will result in some great races I suspect
Old 06-01-2006, 08:21 AM   #620
Tech Addict

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Send a message via Yahoo to JRRobiso
I rarely post my opinion(s) on the threads on topics being discussed but the topic re Marc & Hara's last race has been a topic discussed for like 5 to 7 pages long & this is something I could not pass-up on.

After viewing the the video clips from recent/last year TITC & recent RROC race, reading & taking into consideration the statements related to the topic, I could not see any wrong doing of what Marc did w/ Surikarn in the TITC clip & also the recent RROC clip w/ Hara.

I've been club racing since 2000 & had religiously followed the threads, video clips & current news of the different RC brands due to I like the hobby a lot just like anybody else.

My point is, speculations .... are just what they are. They're not facts and we would never know exactly what went down on that final race between the two drivers because we were not behind the wheel. If we were going to speculate based on a person's facial expression, then I guess we would have one chaotic world we live in (RC world for that matter).

On a final note, the RROC 2006 was again very successful & looking forward for next year.

Next race is the Worlds in Italy and it'll be another exciting race to follow & see who would be the next title holder. (Of course I'll be rooting for my team)
TAOB Racing Team (2004) | Team Driver #101
TRF415MSX | TRF415MRE | TRF801X/XT | K V1 RRR Evo WCE | K IGT2 Audi A4 DTM | AE SC10 4X4
AKA | Airtronics M11 | Spektrum Pro | Speed Passion BL | OS Engines | Sidewinder Fuel | Ko Propo/JR HV/Savox Servos | MuchMore Racing | Xenon Racing | Speedmind | Sorex Tires | Twister Tires
JRRobiso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2006, 08:28 AM   #621
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalLosiRacer
Mine did

damn!one of the unfortunate MANY it looks like....
losi jon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2006, 02:07 PM   #622
Tech Addict

Red face BETTER LATE THAN NEVER

To all the racers at the Reedy Race:

Just wanted to say a sincere thanks for your support and choosing a PROTOform racebody for the Reedy Race. With the Mazda6 used to TQ and win the 19T class as well as Marc's overall Invitational win, and the Stratus 3.0 used to TQ and win in Open Mod (second year in a row) it was a clean sweep.

Thanks again! - Dale Epp - PROTOform Race Bodies

ps: A little advice for what it's worth - don't EVER fly United Airlines through Chicago. It took me 18 hrs to fly to LAX from Buffalo NY - then the flight home took me 33 hrs. I was starting to feel like Tom Hanks in the movie "Terminal". The last time I flew with United was last fall to go to Scotties IIC race in Vegas. Took me 27 hrs to get there that time. Never again arrgh!

Last edited by daleepp; 06-02-2006 at 08:48 AM.
daleepp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2006, 02:28 PM   #623
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Hey Dale. It was nice to meet you Sunday. You think you're going to make it out to Vegas again?
Jon Kerr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2006, 03:50 PM   #624
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by daleepp
[B]
ps: A little advice for what it's worth - don't EVER fly United Airways through Chicago. It took me 18 hrs to fly to LAX from Buffalo NY - then the flight home took me 33 hrs. I was starting to feel like Tom Hanks in the movie "Terminal". The last time I flew with United was last fall to go to Scotties IIC race in Vegas. Took me 27 hrs to get there that time. Never again arrgh!
Must be flights that do the "around the globe" in that time...
Anders Myrberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2006, 04:15 PM   #625
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Kerr
Hey Dale. It was nice to meet you Sunday. You think you're going to make it out to Vegas again?

I'm guessing not on United..
losi jon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2006, 10:04 PM   #626

Send a message via Yahoo to Hi-LowBrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hebiki
i do know that Hara was on a brand new set.

EDIT: ive edited my original post to reflect this
I doubt it.
Hi-LowBrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2006, 10:18 PM   #627
Tech Addict

Send a message via AIM to JohnMatrix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hi-LowBrow
I doubt it.
If you know Chris you know that its true.
JohnMatrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2006, 10:19 PM   #628
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 35 (97%+)
Send a message via AIM to King of B Main

I would like to thank Mr Reedy for throwing such a great race. Also I would like to thank Fred Medel, Scotty Ernest, and the tamiya crew for keeping everything flowing so well even with the track being wet on saturday morning we only started a hour later. You guys did a awesome job..

Thankyou
King of B Main is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2006, 10:45 PM   #629

Send a message via Yahoo to Hi-LowBrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnMatrix
If you know Chris you know that its true.
yeah, I know who that is,,,, but I still doubt it. because,,,,,I know the truth.
Hi-LowBrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2006, 11:19 PM   #630
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 35 (97%+)
Send a message via AIM to King of B Main

hiro , tell us what hara said, he knows hara
King of B Main is offline   Reply With Quote